Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

AverageJoe

Re: Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

Post by AverageJoe » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:28 am
You're referring to the Project Veritas investigation over the winter said that Bernie bros had a secret plan ?

I think that plan is playing out in the streets across the country
Yes, that PV video. I don't think it is playing out nationwide, more like a lite version in a handful of Democratic friendly cities and that is wearing thin.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:16 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:37 pm
C-Mag wrote:
You're referring to the Project Veritas investigation over the winter said that Bernie bros had a secret plan ?

Yes, that PV video. I don't think it is playing out nationwide, more like a lite version in a handful of Democratic friendly cities and that is wearing thin.
THIN ? Fucking Anorexic

h/t Lethal Weapon
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:28 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:16 pm
AverageJoe wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:37 pm
C-Mag wrote:

THIN ? Fucking Anorexic

h/t Lethal Weapon
So some place in Wisconsin is getting burnt down now. Coming to a city near you.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 am

The place is Kenosha. It's just south of Milwaukee, near the border between WI and IL.

The only real details about the shooting I've been able to get so far is a 30 second video of the actual shooting. No video of what led up to it. The guy shot (not calling him a victim without more evidence) had a open warrant for domestic violence. The call the Police were answering was.....a domestic dispute, though reports are the fight was between two women and the guy wanted for previous domestic violence was just breaking up the fight. Hmmm.

The mob used this as an excuse to burn down an auto dealership in the area that had "Black Lives Matter" on its billboard.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:48 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 am
The place is Kenosha. It's just south of Milwaukee, near the border between WI and IL.

The only real details about the shooting I've been able to get so far is a 30 second video of the actual shooting. No video of what led up to it. The guy shot (not calling him a victim without more evidence) had a open warrant for domestic violence. The call the Police were answering was.....a domestic dispute, though reports are the fight was between two women and the guy wanted for previous domestic violence was just breaking up the fight. Hmmm.

The mob used this as an excuse to burn down an auto dealership in the area that had "Black Lives Matter" on its billboard.
This is not how to get people on your side.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:59 am

Our media sucks. Hardly any useful information. I did read that witnesses said the cops tried tasing him prior to the shooting, but apparently that didn't take him down. Guy has prior for sexual assault and pulling a gun on a guy in a bar.

Oh, and the cop has already been doxxed.

I really hope the officer didn't get the willies and shoot him without seeing a weapon in the car. It's a real bad look to let the guy walk all the way around the car and let him get halfway inside the car before shooting him 7 times.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:54 am

Also in Kenosha last night:
An officer also got hit in the back of the head with a brick and was immediately knocked out. Hit the asphalt face-first. Those around can be heard laughing and saying f- the police.
This is not far from where my office is. This is not the inner city. Kenosha is outside Milwaukee. Wauwatosa is another surround suburb of Milwaukee that has had rioting due to a (black) officer being accused of a bad shooting. A mob came to his girlfriend's house and used a shotgun to fire through the back door. I may not ever want to back in to working in the office. These are near where my office is. I worry about my wife, who has to go in the office. She works in the same area.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:31 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:54 am
Also in Kenosha last night:
An officer also got hit in the back of the head with a brick and was immediately knocked out. Hit the asphalt face-first. Those around can be heard laughing and saying f- the police.
This is not far from where my office is. This is not the inner city. Kenosha is outside Milwaukee. Wauwatosa is another surround suburb of Milwaukee that has had rioting due to a (black) officer being accused of a bad shooting. A mob came to his girlfriend's house and used a shotgun to fire through the back door. I may not ever want to back in to working in the office. These are near where my office is. I worry about my wife, who has to go in the office. She works in the same area.
We have gotten to the point in the American political process that the only way you have your interests advanced is if you are willing to group up and physically fight in the streets. If you don't, your elected officials with throw their lot in with whoever is doing the fighting. It's as an austere religious scholar once said:
Osama Bin Laden wrote:When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by nature they will like the strong horse

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:46 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 am

That video doesn't look good. A whole lot of context is going to be needed to make that look even remotely palatable.

Most of the coverage of the ensuing riot was done by people who raced up from Chicago. They are on their way to DC from Portland/Seattle for the next big thing that is going down on the 28th. Day 87.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Andy Ngô is knocking it out of the park with his videos in Kenosha. If you haven't checked him out on Twitter
Last edited by AverageJoe on Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.