Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

The Conservative

Re: Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 am

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:57 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:49 am
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:48 am

Don't worry, the next round of hysteria is already coming. Next it will be "Trump's suspending elections! He's a danger to democracy!"
That's the DNC playbook, if they can't get mail-in votes, they will try to suspend the vote. How dare Trump steal from their playbook!
Part of me thinks he's baiting them. The justification would be that the elections would need to be suspended in order to protect people from COVID-19. Now, they'll flip-flop and start saying, "COVID deaths down, Trump using crisis to DESTROY OUR DEMOCRACY."
He's playing them and those who follow the DNC like a fiddle, how people can't see this amazes me.
#NotOneRedCent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:04 am

One last thing about Kaczynski.

Someone who says this:
Professor Ted wrote: But it is obvious that modern leftish philosophers are not simply cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality.
and:
Professor Ted wrote: This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness.

but then decides it is rational, unemotional, and sane to think leftists hate science and reason, so I am going to blow off the hands of a computer scientist and an engineering professor! might just be an insane asshole who's ideas are insane and not worth parroting.

Maybe it isn't just an ad hominem to point out that the ideas of an insane person are, unsurprisingly, unreliable.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:14 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:04 am

Someone who says this:
Professor Ted wrote: But it is obvious that modern leftish philosophers are not simply cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality.
and:
Professor Ted wrote: This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness.

but then decides it is rational, unemotional, and sane to think leftists hate science and reason, so I am going to blow off the hands of a computer scientist and an engineering professor! might just be an insane asshole who's ideas are insane and not worth parroting.

Maybe it isn't just an ad hominem to point out that the ideas of an insane person are, unsurprisingly, unreliable.
I don't know, man. The only insanity I see is your passionate reaction to a few quoted paragraphs. You're upset because I think the Unabomber's writings can be separated from his crimes. It's no secret that Ted had some screws loose, but his writings don't strike me as the incoherent rambling of a madman. You remember tehmerci?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 am

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:14 am

Someone who says this:
and:

I don't know, man. The only insanity I see is your passionate reaction to a few quoted paragraphs. You're upset because I think the Unabomber's writings can be separated from his crimes. It's no secret that Ted had some screws loose, but his writings don't strike me as the incoherent rambling of a madman. You remember tehmerci?
I do get annoyed by pro-Kaczynski, edge-lord bullshit, and it makes me sad to see it coming from you, who I usually respect.

It annoyed me when I first heard radical-left, eco-terrorists defending the "Professor," and it still annoys me. They all argued, "sure, he has some screws lose, but his hatred of civilization is totally on-point, and doesn't sound incoherent to me."
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 am

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 am
Xenophon wrote:

Someone who says this:

and:

I do get annoyed by pro-Kaczynski, edge-lord bullshit, and it makes me sad to see it coming from you, who I usually respect.

It annoyed me when I first heard radical-left, eco-terrorists defending the "Professor," and it still annoys me. They all argued, "sure, he has some screws lose, but his hatred of civilization is totally on-point, and doesn't sound incoherent to me."
I'm sorry that it annoys you, but I'm still not sure that I'm defending him in any way. I find his writing especially poignant in our current social climate, but that's where my endorsement begins and ends. There is a disconnect between what he's writing and his actions, I agree.

I don't think agreeing with a person's idea means that you 100% endorse that person as though they were the Messiah. I'm not saying he needs to be let out of prison or anything like that. Your outrage confuses me.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 am

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 am
Xenophon wrote:

I'm sorry that it annoys you, but I'm still not sure that I'm defending him in any way. I find his writing especially poignant in our current social climate, but that's where my endorsement begins and ends. There is a disconnect between what he's writing and his actions, I agree.

I don't think agreeing with a person's idea means that you 100% endorse that person as though they were the Messiah. I'm not saying he needs to be let out of prison or anything like that. Your outrage confuses me.
You and I both... he problem I am seeing though is that this a total-sum game to some people...
#NotOneRedCent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:38 am

Xenophon wrote:
Xenophon wrote:

Well, we agree Ted is insane, and his actions are insane, but for some reason you want to argue that the insanity stopped at the door of his shed where he hammered out his totally rational manifesto.

Seems unlikely. It is more likely that there is no 'disconnect' between the man and his writings, and that insane people produce insane ramblings.

But, if you like his ideas, you are welcome to them.
HAIL!

-Hwen

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 am

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:38 am
Xenophon wrote:

Well, we agree Ted is insane, and his actions are insane, but for some reason you want to argue that the insanity stopped at the door of his shed where he hammered out his totally rational manifesto.

Seems unlikely. It is more likely that there is no 'disconnect' between the man and his writings, and that insane people produce insane ramblings.

Again, tell us where he was wrong in his writings...
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:50 am

Xenophon wrote:

Cool. If I find some abhorrent stuff on repeated readings, I'll make sure to publicly disavow.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:50 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 am
Xenophon wrote:

Again, tell us where he was wrong in his writings...
Show me one piece of empirical data in his writing that can be categorized as 'right' or 'wrong.' For someone so dedicated to the idea that the left rejects science because they hate 'truth,' Ted's writings make no verifiable truth claims. He just states his opinions without evidence.
HAIL!

-Hwen