Luke Warm Trump Supporters

Martin Hash

Luke Warm Trump Supporters

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:10 pm

I still predict Trump will win because of grass roots support but he’s got little mainstream support, and what little there is, is luke warm. I don’t even know if Scott Adams supports him. Everyone is so apologetic. The haters, on the other hand, are full on hate, everyday, all the time.

Fucking cowards. I guess, like in 2016, I’ll be the only believer on Election Day.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Re: Luke Warm Trump Supporters

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:14 pm

This doesn’t only apply to Trump. I’m the only local candidate pushing back against BLM, and the only one pushing back against COVID scare tactics, and the only one saying this is a Communist revolution; yet nobody fucking cares if I take a stand. This is probably how the Communists always win with just a handful of men.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:01 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:14 pm
This doesn’t only apply to Trump. I’m the only local candidate pushing back against BLM, and the only one pushing back against COVID scare tactics, and the only one saying this is a Communist revolution; yet nobody fucking cares if I take a stand. This is probably how the Communists always win with just a handful of men.
Apathy is a huge problem. Another one is our culture of media consumption, going back to the 50s. Most normies aren't going to research anything. They're going to parrot the media talking points. You'd think that they'd have been woken up by 2016, but here we are.

I really can't see anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 not voting for him in 2020. I feel like people get demoralized by the constant negativity.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:36 am

I used to think there was a silent majority of liberty-lovers but my current thinking is that most people don't even know what liberty is; they take it for granted, and can't imagine it would change much under any president.

For most people, especially employees, liberty doesn't directly do them any good; they could easily sacrifice it for a UBI, free healthcare, free college, paid family leave, shorter hours, longer vacations, higher minimum wage, Affirmative Action, etc.

There's also the perversity side I was underestimating: if someone else's accomplishments diminish my own self-image then stop all accomplishment, I'm not going to have many anyway.

To keep it, liberty has to be indoctrinated in schools and it hasn't been for the past few decades; Gen X was the last one.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:02 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:36 am
I used to think there was a silent majority of liberty-lovers but my current thinking is that most people don't even know what liberty is; they take it for granted, and can't imagine it would change much under any president.

For most people, especially employees, liberty doesn't directly do them any good; they could easily sacrifice it for a UBI, free healthcare, free college, paid family leave, shorter hours, longer vacations, higher minimum wage, Affirmative Action, etc.

There's also the perversity side I was underestimating: if someone else's accomplishments diminish my own self-image then stop all accomplishment, I'm not going to have many anyway.

To keep it, liberty has to be indoctrinated in schools and it hasn't been for the past few decades; Gen X was the last one.
I was in school from the mid-90s to late 2000s, so I remember liberty being taught in schools as a virtue. Having worked as an adult in my old high school in IT, I can say that they are more focused on teaching narratives than actual history or the importance of liberty.

For example, I went into a US History class to do something to one of the stations we had in there, and the teacher (a student teacher doing their practicum) asked the class, "How do you know if something you read is fake news?" And me, being basically immune from criticism due to everyone liking me, said, "Easy. Look for the CNN logo."

She looked as though I had taken a loaded gun out in the middle of class.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:16 am

Good CNN joke.

When you were taught "liberty," how did they describe it?

I ask because there's an egalitarian version of liberty that doesn't include responsibility, nor benefiting from your own actions. There's also the huge conflation of liberty with freedom, which determining your own gender fits into.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:42 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:16 am
Good CNN joke.

When you were taught "liberty," how did they describe it?

I ask because there's an egalitarian version of liberty that doesn't include responsibility, nor benefiting from your own actions. There's also the huge conflation of liberty with freedom, which determining your own gender fits into.
It's been a while, but from what I can remember I was taught liberty as it was taught in the classical sense. Enshrining free speech no matter the content, taking responsibility for one's actions, small government being shown as a positive, that sort of thing. My history teacher in high school was a communist (more recently he visited China, as our little school district has a new exchange program with a chinese school district) but I never once heard him shill for it.

Therein lies the issue, I think. Back then, you didn't have these social justice mandates coming down from academia. Now, this stuff is filtered into the public school via guidance counselors, who then train the faculty on these subjects. They also indoctrinate the students into this leftist worldview. They're supported by the people making the curriculum.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:51 am

If indeed the attack on liberty didn’t begin until last decade, we may still have a chance this decade to reverse it.

I wonder how Millennial women got so brainwashed?

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:53 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:51 am
If indeed the attack on liberty didn’t begin until last decade, we may still have a chance this decade to reverse it.

I wonder how Millennial women got so brainwashed?
They've been told that they need to be professionals and not settle down, so their natural empathetic nature which flourishes in child-rearing has been re-directed toward so-called "victimized groups" who act as stand-ins for children they don't have.

That's what I think, anyway.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:11 am

That’s a good explanation for the pet fetishers, but I think there’s a heavy dose of feeling victimized themselves by men.