Coronavirus thread

The Conservative

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:05 am
TC, if you are not good at detecting or picking up on emotional and social cues from others, excatly how are you able determine that Monte is supposedly lying?
Practice... There is a reason why I am a high-functional autistic. Why I am in a leadership role, and why I have been in one for over 4 years now... It's because I have learned how to pick up on most social cues face to face.

It's harder to do online, but it is a reason I research before commenting in most cases. Other times I just watch what other people say and then make an opinion on it based on others' reactions. I also research to verify that they are justified in their comments or they are just trolling themselves.

In other cases I can tell Monty is lying because he is blatantly being an asshat.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 27, 2020 9:54 am

Selective disabilities are fun.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 am

Ah TC, so without face to face interaction, your evidence of Monte lying is based on how the other members here how reacted to Monte over the years? How thorough is that research you do to verify? Do you know Monte's real name, his employment history, looked at his FB and other social media pages? Googled his name? Looked him up in local news for his area?

My assumption is that the only "research" you did was reading other members reactions to him over the years. Not a very good basis to judge whether or not someone is lying or not. If everyone around you thinks that you are a pain the ass, they can still believe that you are telling the truth. Even back in the DCF times, you were considered a pain in the ass by various members before Monte even joined. But you didn't become more unreliable just because you were annoying.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 27, 2020 10:06 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:54 am
Selective disabilities are fun.
No, it's not selective. It just shows your ignorance upon how a disability can function or causes people not to function the same as "normal people", which if people are are normal, that's not a very high bar.

Socal queues are hard for people with high-functioning Autism to actually recognize on a good day unless they have trained or have been trained to recognize subtleties of interaction queues.

Now take away the face to face component, and have text, something that shows words only, and doesn't show emotion, or any form of queues, unless it's an outright blatant emotional outburst, most autistic people won't pick up on those nuances.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 27, 2020 10:07 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 am
Ah TC, so without face to face interaction, your evidence of Monte lying is based on how the other members here how reacted to Monte over the years? How thorough is that research you do to verify? Do you know Monte's real name, his employment history, looked at his FB and other social media pages? Googled his name? Looked him up in local news for his area?

My assumption is that the only "research" you did was reading other members reactions to him over the years. Not a very good basis to judge whether or not someone is lying or not. If everyone around you thinks that you are a pain the ass, they can still believe that you are telling the truth. Even back in the DCF times, you were considered a pain in the ass by various members before Monte even joined. But you didn't become more unreliable just because you were annoying.
And I watch people here catch him in lies all the time, so for me... I don't have to go through much more research than that. Especially when they verify their facts, and Monty just double down on the dumb at times.

As for researching him outside of here, no... I don't need to, or want to, the last thing I need to be is a stalker.
#NotOneRedCent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 27, 2020 10:13 am

Over the years alot of people, including myself, have corrected you numerous times. Does this mean no one should trust you if you say something about your personal life? I'll answer that: No.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 27, 2020 11:08 am

Imagine basing your opinion on someone, based off of CuntFlop and StA posts.... :shock:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:12 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 am
I also have a hard time allowing bullshit to ride... unlike other people here, I don't find it humorous.
What proof do have that Monte is bullshitting about his Aunt?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:13 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 am
Practice... There is a reason why I am a high-functional autistic. Why I am in a leadership role, and why I have been in one for over 4 years now... It's because I have learned how to pick up on most social cues face to face.
OK Stuart Smalley.
Last edited by PartyOf5 on Wed May 27, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 27, 2020 12:13 pm

That’s exactly how I judge myself, actually.
100% off the opinion of StA and clubGOP.

Man.
I really need to work on myself.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"