Coronavirus thread

DBTrek

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 22, 2020 10:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:19 pm
I found out tonight that my aunt died of Covid 19 yesterday. She was in hospital after falling and breaking her hip. Seems as if she caught the virus while she was in hospital.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Wish that wasn't the case, Monte.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:46 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:39 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm
not cool, RIP
Thanks. Unfortunately, I won't even be able to go to the funeral because of the restrictions.
I hope none of you lose a relative, no matter how old they are.
Sorry for your loss, Monte.
Speaking of... Got an email from my Mom this morning, my aunt (her brother's wife) died from it last Thursday. He had put her into a home 6-1/2 yrs ago after various dangerous Alzheimer's episodes (house filled with smoke was the final one, she put a casserole in the oven and when he got home hours later...), he's 85, he couldn't leave her alone and my cousins have their own jobs, he basically signed over the house to pay for it.

I guess on the plus side she probably had no idea what was happening to her.

No funeral either because of the restrictions.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat May 23, 2020 8:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
I found out tonight that my aunt died of Covid 19 yesterday. She was in hospital after falling and breaking her hip. Seems as if she caught the virus while she was in hospital.
I'm so sorry to hear that Monte. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Stay strong.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat May 23, 2020 9:02 am

Ph64 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:46 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm
not cool, RIP
Thanks. Unfortunately, I won't even be able to go to the funeral because of the restrictions.
Speaking of... Got an email from my Mom this morning, my aunt (her brother's wife) died from it last Thursday. He had put her into a home 6-1/2 yrs ago after various dangerous Alzheimer's episodes (house filled with smoke was the final one, she put a casserole in the oven and when he got home hours later...), he's 85, he couldn't leave her alone and my cousins have their own jobs, he basically signed over the house to pay for it.

Sorry to hear that. Alzheimer's is horrible. Poor people. Did you know her well?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Hastur wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:02 am
Ph64 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:46 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Alzheimer's is horrible. Poor people. Did you know her well?
Not overly close with her, no. We didn't visit that often when I was younger, vs my dad's side who were closer and we saw every Xmas at least. Took me a decade+ to convince her size medium shirts/sweaters don't fit me anymore and I'd rather just get a nice card. Looking back maybe that was an early sign...?
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 25, 2020 4:43 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:06 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:01 am

Year to year would be more like March 2020 to March 2021. We will have lost at least 300K by next March. Then how many for 2021? Yea it will likely be comparable.

How many years did Spanish flu last?

300K in 1 year is not a crisis - flu kills 290k-650k / year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.health ... 3famp=true
Flus don't kill 300k Americans a year . No not at all usually no. Spanish flu lasted two years .
COVID-19 Flu hasn't killed 300K either. Hasn't even hit 100K yet...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 25, 2020 4:47 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:39 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Wish that wasn't the case, Monte.
People, are you actually listening to this? His Aunt, which is probably in her 70+ broke her hip... if that was in the UK or Canada the medicine there already piss poor, and probably was decided that the effort to make her better wasn't worth the $$$...

Cause honestly, I don't think it happened... I think he's doing it to get an emotional reaction out of us, because he's losing his own argument.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon May 25, 2020 5:18 pm

People, are you actually listening to this? His Aunt, which is probably in her 70+ broke her hip... if that was in the UK or Canada the medicine there already piss poor, and probably was decided that the effort to make her better wasn't worth the $$$...

Cause honestly, I don't think it happened... I think he's doing it to get an emotional reaction out of us, because he's losing his own argument.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 25, 2020 5:45 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:18 pm

Since when have you ever known me to sugarcoat anything?
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon May 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Compassion ain’t sugar coating, man. Don’t be so cynical that you suspect people you’ve known for years of practicing deception for internet points, dude. Why would Monte lie about losing an aunt? He knows one death isn’t going to sway anyone’s opinion one way or another. He doesn’t think saying his aunt died is going to get the rest of us to be like “oh shit, Monte lost some family so I retract everything I said before”.

The dude is just sad because he lost a loved one. We can hold firm to our positions while still sympathizing his loss. It sucks to lose family, even if you know their time is near. No need to suspect skulduggery here, man.