FUCK THE PRC

Montegriffo

Re: FUCK THE PRC

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:37 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:31 am
Is soft racism a code word for . . . "not" racism?
:think:

Because I have this old school idea that goes something like: racism is believing other races are genetically inferior to your own.

I really don't see how "I'm making fun of the way you talk cuz it sounds funny to me" translates into "your entire race is genetically inferior". Seems like a stretch. An Olympic-sized swimming pool length stretch.

I've been doing more chalk art than spray paint lately. Maybe I'll throw a snap up.
Well, you're basically mocking someone for how they sound based on their race (nationality). Mocking is similar to looking down on them ie derogatory.
Not worth a criminal prosecution or anything but not a particularly nice thing to do either. More asshole than racist really.

...and yes, chuck something up. I was impressed by the wolf.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am

Montegriffo wrote:
...you could say it's razy lacism.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you're happy and you know it crap your hands".

Whatever.
It's not racism.
People don't like folks making fun of other people, so they lazily brand any form of mockery as racism, and that's some bullshit.

Was having a beer outside with the little ones last week and they wanted me to draw something on their play house roof, so here's a semi-buzzed scrawl I put up for them:

It's trash, but we're all just trying to make quarantine as enjoyable as possible, eh?
(Apologies Canadians)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:46 am

I forget what it was in relation too, but I remember watching a Rubin Report episode where Michael Malice was the guest. They were giving commentary on a CNN segment where the pundits were mocking Trump voters with a fake redneck accents saying stuff like "You think you are so smart with yer maps and yer globes" and the pundits were all laughing in this scripted matter. Malice pointed out that these sorts of impressions, mannerisms, jokes, mannerisms etc, used to be how high society academic types mocked blacks.

Jim Goad wrote a great book on this, how rednecks are America's scapegoats, and how it is still acceptable to call people white trash, and nothing is off limits in terms of their mockery.

Some redneck jokes are funny. A lot of redneck jokes are repeated by rednecks. I don't think people should stop making them, because I don't believe in protected classes, but it is a weird double standard in our culture. You can mock a Creationist till you are blue in the face, whatever your race, but imitating a black from the ghetto, or a muslim, or Korean grocery store owner is now taboo. Da'fuck is with that? Everyone should be able to take pot shots at everyone.

The Cum Town podcasters are good about this. They are liberal hipster types, but they don't take themselves seriously and they incessantly mock anyone who comes into their line of sight, including themselves. That is how it should be imo.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:02 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am
Montegriffo wrote:
...you could say it's razy lacism.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you're happy and you know it crap your hands".

Whatever.
It's not racism.
People don't like folks making fun of other people, so they lazily brand any form of mockery as racism, and that's some bullshit.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized:
Could easily be described as antagonistic behaviour to mock someone because of their accent.

I'm not particularly invested in this argument but you seemed like you were begging for a fight so I'm just being obliging.

Ps that looks more like vandalism than art to me. The wolf was better.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:02 pm
Could easily be described as antagonistic behaviour to mock someone because of their accent.
I'm not particularly invested in this argument but you seemed like you were begging for a fight so I'm just being obliging.
Or . . . or . . . maybe you're not particularly invested because you've had people make fun of your accent, and it didn't carry all the heavy historical and emotional baggage that racism is supposed to ... so you know deep down it's a bullshit argument.
Vandalism is the cry of the pariah, you bougie fuck.
Art x10
:lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:52 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:43 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:02 pm
Or . . . or . . . maybe you're not particularly invested because you've had people make fun of your accent, and it didn't carry all the heavy historical and emotional baggage that racism is supposed to ... so you know deep down it's a bullshit argument.
Vandalism is the cry of the pariah, you bougie fuck.
Art x10
My dear boy, why would anyone mock the way I speak? I don't even have an accent I just speak the Queen's English as it should be spoken.

Well, all I can say is thank heavens it was in chalk. If only all graffiti vandals would follow your lead...

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:26 am
DBTrek wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am
Too spicy for this crowd, eh?
No one wants to touch that one.
(TOUCH IT YOU COWARDS)

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe every person who ever appended "eh" to the end of a sentence is racist against Canadians, eh?
Sorry, eh?
Don't report me for hate crimes, eh?

More interested in finding out if you've done any more shed art recently DB.
...but yes, it's soft racism to mock someone for their accent. You should hear what we say about you Yanks...
I've asked about a dozen times, what are some anti-American slurs. Nobody ever gives up the dirt.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:22 pm
I've asked about a dozen times, what are some anti-American slurs. Nobody ever gives up the dirt.
Must be why no one on the internet (including other Americans) ever calls Americans names.
There's just no slurs for us.
Derp.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:41 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:26 am
DBTrek wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am
Too spicy for this crowd, eh?
No one wants to touch that one.
(TOUCH IT YOU COWARDS)

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe every person who ever appended "eh" to the end of a sentence is racist against Canadians, eh?
Sorry, eh?
Don't report me for hate crimes, eh?

More interested in finding out if you've done any more shed art recently DB.
...but yes, it's soft racism to mock someone for their accent. You should hear what we say about you Yanks...
You think I'm not already unpopular enough around here?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:53 pm

I'll drop this here instead.