SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Montegriffo

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:31 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 pm

I think we got each other's dads by mistake. My dad was a strict authoritarian with a family history of military service and was a lifelong Tory.
My father was a pacifist in terms of war

Not in terms of hockey, he was a violent hockey player, he was an enforcer

But he could not kill another man, he didn't have it in him

He still loved the regiment, he still loved the troops, he used to walk beside the parades

There is a little plaque at Queen's Park in Toronto kind of hidden away on the side

For the Mackenzie-Papineau in the Spanish Civil War

He would divert away from the army parade, so he could touch the Mac-Paps monument on his way

All my army buddies loved him, because he was the life of the party, he pushed them out of their comfort zone

He was an authoritarian father, his word was law, and I was an uppity barracks room lawyer

We were still best friends tho, so even when we brawled, we always made up after
I think my father saw his time in the army as a chore, something he had no choice about as it was National Service. He didn't talk about it much apart from saying he was never fitter. He didn't really get on that well with the other men because he wasn't a big drinker. They made him a corporal though and sent him to an interview to become an officer. He wasn't really in the correct class though. They did get temporarily excited when he told them his father was a Major but soon calmed down when they found out he was a Quartermaster Major and just one of the hoi polloi.
He was a life long public servant though. First as an electronic engineer working mostly on radar for the army and later on as an officer of Her Majesties Customs and Excise.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Furthermore, this is the Marty Hash Forum

I just post like the owner does, which is all about Marty Hash Lifestyle, not Alex Jones Zero Hedge

There must be some Alex Jones Zero Hedge forums around elsewhere, if someone is looking for that sort of thing
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm
I think my father saw his time in the army as a chore, something he had no choice about as it was National Service. He didn't talk about it much apart from saying he was never fitter. He didn't really get on that well with the other men because he wasn't a big drinker. They made him a corporal though and sent him to an interview to become an officer. He wasn't really in the correct class though. They did get temporarily excited when he told them his father was a Major but soon calmed down when they found out he was a Quartermaster Major and just one of the hoi polloi.
He was a life long public servant though. First as an electronic engineer working mostly on radar for the army and later on as an officer of Her Majesties Customs and Excise.
Yeah, National Service was a whole different army unto itself, conscripts are not professionals

I joined a hand picked praetorian guard, it was an elite, so an honor and a privilege
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:53 pm

My father was just proud to be my father

My troops respected me, so they respected my father, he was vetted with the troops, so he loved that
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:56 pm

They didn't care if he was a pacifist, because he loved the regiment

And also he could hustle chicks with ease, any age, any time, any place, so they thought he was really cool

The regiment is not the defense department, the regiment is a family
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:56 pm

And also he could hustle chicks with ease, any age, any time, any place, so they thought he was really cool
They definitely had that in common.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:56 pm

They definitely had that in common.
I followed in his path for awhile, but then I found grace and never looked back

Marty Hash Lifestyle is the destination

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:53 pm

My troops respected me, so they respected my father, he was vetted with the troops, so he loved that
It took a while but I think my father came around to that opinion too.
One of my happiest memories of him is him coming along to my juggling convention in his posh camper van and sitting down to play some poker with us.
We had a few good games of table tennis there too.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:05 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:53 pm

It took a while but I think my father came around to that opinion too.
One of my happiest memories of him is him coming along to my juggling convention in his posh camper van and sitting down to play some poker with us.
We had a few good games of table tennis there too.
So did mine

Before he died he saw it all

My graduation parade as an Infantry Section Commander

The General decorate me on parade for my service

My retirement parade when the whole regiment cheered

My new wife, my new home

He saw it all

So I am at peace with it
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:10 pm