Happy Easter

Montegriffo

Re: Happy Easter

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:16 pm

I'm enjoying this Marsala, it's not a drink I would normally buy for myself but it was a gift and you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
It's a sipping drink and probably not something you would want to drink a lot of in one sitting but never the less it is very nice.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Alright, I gotta start getting ready for movie night in bed

I'm gonna take a blazing hot shower first

Then make popcorn

If I don't pass out asleep after :snuggles: I'll check back in to see how Capps is doing

Essential Worker

Gordie knows

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Radio is playing I wanna be like you from the Jungle Book.
There are some great tracks in that movie, we had the album when I was a kid and it's probably where I got my love of jazz from.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:26 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:23 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:52 pm
OMFG tho

She makes perfect fillet mignon now

I don't even grill, cause I know she knows how to do it right now

I did do my own poutine, you gotta get that so that the cheese curds are melty, I don't take any chances with dat
Never even seen poutine. That doesn't seem to have crossed the pond. You can get chips and gravy from most chip shops but you would be offended by the thick gloopy packet gravy and nobody does it with cheese.
I don't smash it often, but it's something we all had as kids, so it's an Easter Treat

JRJ knows
My life of crime, it knows no bounds
Gotta get all the gravy stashed in this town
If any of you try to get in my way
Then "Blam, Blam, Blam" is all I gotta say
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:32 am

I'm glad everyone seemed to have a Happy Easter. Yesterday was very restful. We watched our church livestream, took communion together, and had some Outback Steakhouse cuisine delivered for lunch, paid for by my MIL. We took it easy all day, but had to stay inside because of the rain. For dinner, I made hamburgers and fries, and my MIL brought over some baked beans and dessert.

Really, the whole weekend was really good. I've been helping my daughter practice riding her bike without the training wheels on. She's getting more confident, and has realized that if she doesn't worry about where she's pointing her handlebars, her body will autocorrect. She can zoom around the yard now.

My son is two, going on three in two months. He's testing boundaries, but he's a sweet kid. He's very concerned when he thinks people aren't feeling good. He's very protective of his mama. :)

Smitty, you call yourself a hedonist, but your attitude is reminiscent of the author of Ecclesiastes.
Ecclesiastes 2:24-25 wrote:A person can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in their own toil. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:01 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:32 am
Smitty, you call yourself a hedonist, but your attitude is reminiscent of the author of Ecclesiastes.
Ecclesiastes 2:24-25 wrote:A person can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in their own toil. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?
I'm a Protestant in the classical sense

My own direct relationship with the Lord, no Popery betwixt us whatsoever

No tickets to Heaven bought, nor sold, under the church of the big sky

I am no Calvinist,

JRJ does not demand that I work myself to death at the coal face to get into Heaven, that's Popery

JRJ never said to do that, that was Jehan Cauvin, French Huguenot, would be Pope.

I don't even believe in trans dimensional Hell, it exists only on earth.

So I do my best to avoid it, since I was not put on this Earth to suffer,

Obviously, since I keep winning the Life Lottery, praise Him.
Nec Aspera Terrent