Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:46 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:42 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:40 am

It's just doesn't grab me and hold me

The last show to grab me and hold me in its clutches was Mindhunter

There's been nothing since which has
Well I haven't seen Mindhunter, so I can't say for sure, but pretty sure Mindhunter > Breaking Bad is even weirder than suggesting Breaking Bad gets worse as it goes
Mindhunter 9000

Best show on Netfliix

Mrs Smitty has however given the green light for Homeland, so the CIA :snuggles: are go at throttle up
The best show on Netflix is Breaking Bad, followed by Mad Men, and once I get around to watching Mindhunter, the chances of my mind being changed on that are probably 0%, even if it's way better than I am expecting

Better Call Saul is on netflix too, which is also extremely likely to be much better than Mindhunter

I expect Mindhunter is pretty good, though I've heard enough people who do have good taste in television recommend it, that it's a strong possibility, but cracking the top 3 seems like a total pipe dream
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:47 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:42 am
Well I haven't seen Mindhunter, so I can't say for sure, but pretty sure Mindhunter > Breaking Bad is even weirder than suggesting Breaking Bad gets worse as it goes
Mindhunter 9000

Best show on Netfliix

Mrs Smitty has however given the green light for Homeland, so the CIA :snuggles: are go at throttle up
The best show on Netflix is Breaking Bad, followed by Mad Men, and once I get around to watching Mindhunter, the chances of my mind being changed on that are probably 0%, even if it's way better than I am expecting

Better Call Saul is on netflix too, which is also extremely likely to be much better than Mindhunter

I expect Mindhunter is pretty good, though I've heard enough people who do have good taste in television recommend it, that it's a strong possibility
Mindhunter is my favorite show now, Seventies Serial Killer Nostalgia FTW
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 am

None the less, loves me some paramilitary, so I can binge watch Homeland cuz CIA :snuggles:
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:53 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:37 am
Like I can get how some people would like BCS over BB, which is still a little weird, and also wrong, but at least I can see that

This BB gets worse as it goes thing though, that's just stupid
There is no right or wrong in art.
Art is subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You have no ultimate truth on what is good and what is bad.
You may think you are right about everything but at the end of the day ''that's just like, your opinion maan''.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:55 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:47 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Mindhunter 9000

Best show on Netfliix

I expect Mindhunter is pretty good, though I've heard enough people who do have good taste in television recommend it, that it's a strong possibility
Mindhunter is my favorite show now, Seventies Serial Killer Nostalgia FTW
Well I would suggest that this is likely because of genre preferences and nostalgia being so important to your enjoyment of a TV show, while the show lines up with those preferences and that factor is far less important to me while Mindhunter doesn't line up with genre preferences or nostalgia like it does with yours either.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:56 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:53 am
StCapps wrote:
Like I can get how some people would like BCS over BB, which is still a little weird, and also wrong, but at least I can see that

Art is subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You have no ultimate truth on what is good and what is bad.
You may think you are right about everything but at the end of the day ''that's just like, your opinion maan''.
Some opinions are more informed than others, some people have better tastes than others
/shrugs

Subjectivity can only go so far before the subjective view of the person is a sign of poor taste
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:56 am

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:33 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:31 am

Agreed,

It's fine for a few episodes, but Breaking Bad gets old fast

I like BCS better than BB, but still I haven't rushed to watch the latest episode, bumped by Gran Turismo
It gets better as it goes, every season better than the previous season

Y'all are weird
I disagree. The first 2 seasons were better than the 3rd.
It's just more of the same but on a larger scale.
I think the difference with the Wire was that each season covered a different aspect of Baltimore's crime and corruption.
The street, the port, politics, the media etc.
BB is too predictable. You know what is going to happen next because it has happened before.
Walt is getting a buzz out of being involved in the drug trade and has a really nasty side to him but his loyalty to his family and Jesse partially redeem him despite how terribly he treats them.
Jesse is an even shallower character, he's more of a nice person but is ultimately self-destructive.
That is the story, just repeat ad nauseam.
You might like Fauda

It's Israeli Shin Bet covert paramilitary

Gritty and realistic, but not too much, just enough 007 to make it fun
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:01 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:56 am
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Some opinions are more informed than others, some people have better tastes than others
/shrugs

Subjectivity can only go so far before the subjective view of the person is a sign of poor taste
My tastes are not defined by the tv shows I watch

My music defines my tastes, which are eclectic
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:02 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:01 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:56 am
Montegriffo wrote:

/shrugs

My tastes are not defined by the tv shows I watch

My music defines my tastes, which are eclectic
And your taste in music is far better than your taste in television, while for me it's the other way around

I don't pretend no one can scrutinize my taste in art just because it's subjective, like Monte does for instance
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:02 am

I don't pretend no one can scrutinize my taste in art just because it's subjective, like Monte for instance
I like some of your music too, I'm just not a rapper meself

I'm not a music snob, I go song by song, not type

I was just born into a world of rotary dial phones, no internet and only three channels on the tv

So I'm a rock n' rollah by nature, tv is way down the list
Nec Aspera Terrent