SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

StCapps

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 am
Xeno has got me thinking about vidya games now

The weather is deteriorating, Sprinter is back, cold, windy & overcast

May have to break out the PS3 with Logitech GT Driving Force wheel for Gran Turismo

With the weather deteriorating, there is always BCS if you want to switch it up from Gen X Latchkey Babysitter Mode
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 am
Xeno has got me thinking about vidya games now

The weather is deteriorating, Sprinter is back, cold, windy & overcast

May have to break out the PS3 with Logitech GT Driving Force wheel for Gran Turismo

With the weather deteriorating, there is always BCS if you want to switch it up from Gen X Latchkey Babysitter Mode
Meh, BCS

I'm not that into the style of tv right now,

I'm into movie night with Dorothy Lauper, but binge watching not so much

I'm feeling Xeno's vidya game vibe actually

I've still got The Last of Us, but it's been so long since I played it, I could give it another go
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 am
For now, but when that changes, Bagman FTW
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Last of Us was better than most movies, the only vidya game that I ever got choked up from playing
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:21 am
Fun fact; the huge line ups around here are now basically to get bread

House Arrest & Bread Lines

Soviet Canada for realz

Luckily Mrs Smitty makes her own bread now
I can't get hold of bread flour for love nor money.
The pub I worked at has a bakery in one of its outbuildings so I phoned my old boss to ask if he could get hold of a sack of granary flour for me.
Turns out they are struggling to get flour themselves so he looked for bread flour for me when he was at cash and carry and they had no flour of any description.
I don't really get it, all our flour mills are running at full capacity and as far as I know we are not running out of wheat.
The only possible explanation is that people are hoarding it, buying far more than they need and storing it up without a care for all those now having to go without.
We have tons (literally) of wheat here at the farm and a grinder to make it into a course wholemeal flour which we sieve to make it finer but it is low in gluten so not good for bread.
I'm going to have to resort to making flatbreads with it like some Indian peasant thanks to a bunch of selfish fucks.
In good news, I was able to buy toilet paper today so I guess people have finally got enough of it hoarded now to make them feel secure at last.
Hopefully, the same thing will happen with flour eventually and all the mugs who bought just enough because they didn't want to deprive others will be able to get it again.
My faith in human nature is being sorely tested by all this selfish hoarding.
The worst thing is that refuse sites are reporting a big increase in food being thrown away, people have bought so much that they can't even eat it before it goes off.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 am
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Last of Us was better than most movies, the only vidya game that I ever got choked up from playing
Never played it, but I hear really good things
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:48 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 am
StCapps wrote:
Never played it, but I hear really good things
Seriously, I cried at the end
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:50 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:21 am
Fun fact; the huge line ups around here are now basically to get bread

House Arrest & Bread Lines

Soviet Canada for realz

Luckily Mrs Smitty makes her own bread now
I can't get hold of bread flour for love nor money.
The pub I worked at has a bakery in one of its outbuildings so I phoned my old boss to ask if he could get hold of a sack of granary flour for me.
Turns out they are struggling to get flour themselves so he looked for bread flour for me when he was at cash and carry and they had no flour of any description.
I don't really get it, all our flour mills are running at full capacity and as far as I know we are not running out of wheat.
The only possible explanation is that people are hoarding it, buying far more than they need and storing it up without a care for all those now having to go without.
We have tons (literally) of wheat here at the farm and a grinder to make it into a course wholemeal flour which we sieve to make it finer but it is low in gluten so not good for bread.
I'm going to have to resort to making flatbreads with it like some Indian peasant thanks to a bunch of selfish fucks.
In good news, I was able to buy toilet paper today so I guess people have finally got enough of it hoarded now to make them feel secure at last.
Hopefully, the same thing will happen with flour eventually and all the mugs who bought just enough because they didn't want to deprive others will be able to get it again.
My faith in human nature is being sorely tested by all this selfish hoarding.
The worst thing is that refuse sites are reporting a big increase in food being thrown away, people have bought so much that they can't even eat it before it goes off.
The UK seems to be taking a pounding here, didn't Turkey just send relief supplies to ya'll ?
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:53 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:42 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:37 am

Woke Leftist:"Liek, they're endangering peeeeepuuul if they git in, liek, line. Why can't they sit at home and eat crackers?"

Me, an intellectual: Ha ha ha ha, up against the wall, please.
I do admit that I did not stock up enough bread supplies, I just didn't think of it, bread was not front of mind then

Luckily my super wife knew where to get it and fast, and she knows how to make it herself

Now we have so much fucking bread, bread coming out of our ears,
Homemade bread is the only reason to keep bread around. Stocking up on loaves is dumb, because you'll have to eat them so fast before they ruin it defeats the purpose of stocking up.

Bread-making wives ftw.
We do make our own bread, but you can freeze bread loaves for quite a while. Just set them on the counter, to defrost.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:53 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:13 am
She's even better at grilling than I am now

I just admit it, she makes a better steak than I do, made to order, perfect every time

How is your steak ?

Perfect

Are you sure ?

Yes I am
Dude.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0