SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Smitty-48

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 pm
If I get into an argument with you about it and it starts to tick me off, I don't need that, so I will ignore you if you force me too
As you should, just know that I am not trying to tick you off when I disagree with you on something

Usually when you get ticked off, it's because I don't get what I said that is upsetting you or why it is upsetting you, and I want to find out so as to not cross that line in the future, but then this rubs you the wrong way

I not trying to be malicious, if I am paving the road to hell with my good intentions, I apologize, I try to guard against that, but I'm only human
I don't want to ignore you, I'm just telling you, I have zero interest in argument right now

Argument leads to stresses which are counterproductive to a life & death mission which I am executing

Perfectly happy to riff with you and enjoy the staycation,

not happy at all if you are trying to strike up an argument with me.

I concede all points in advance,

I'm not trying to win an argument,

I am avoiding argument as a rule, don't need it right now, fool's errand
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 am

Like I am not claiming that I know where this is going

I'm saying the opposite, I have no idea where exactly this is going

So I'm not making any arguments about it, I don't know, I just put one foot in front of the other, infantryman

"Disagreeing" with someone who is not claiming they know, is a fallacy

That's called being Disagreeable, which I view as hostile
Nec Aspera Terrent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:09 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 am
Like I am not claiming that I know where this is going

I'm saying the opposite, I have no idea where exactly this is going

So I'm not making any arguments about it, I don't know, I just put one foot in front of the other, infantryman

"Disagreeing" with someone who is not claiming they know, is a fallacy

That's called being Disagreeable, which I view as hostile
Resistance. Antithesis to "slow is smooth, smooth is fast".

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:09 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:54 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 pm
If I get into an argument with you about it and it starts to tick me off, I don't need that, so I will ignore you if you force me too
As you should, just know that I am not trying to tick you off when I disagree with you on something

Usually when you get ticked off, it's because I don't get what I said that is upsetting you or why it is upsetting you, and I want to find out so as to not cross that line in the future, but then this rubs you the wrong way

I not trying to be malicious, if I am paving the road to hell with my good intentions, I apologize, I try to guard against that, but I'm only human
I don't want to ignore you, I'm just telling you, I have zero interest in argument right now

Argument leads to stresses which are counterproductive to a life & death mission which I am executing

I like a healthy disagreement, it is one of my biggest strengths and also one of my biggest flaws, as I take things too far sometimes with those who do not enjoy a healthy disagreement as much as I do

I'm not trying to win the argument. I am trying to understand your viewpoint and trying to help you understand my viewpoint, and I respect your viewpoint, that's why I ask for it so often, especially when we disagree

I want to know if there is an angle I'm not seeing, because that happens all the time, and that's how I learn best. If it weren't for our disagreements over the years, I wouldn't be who I am today, they have helped me a great deal

I apologize if I stray into unintentionally selfish territory at times, I mean no disrespect, and I'm not trying to piss you off, I just fail sometimes, because I can be an overly argumentative bastard, as I'm sure you are aware

Corso Italia, both a blessing and a curse, it's how was I raised, my dad is this way on steroids, but he gets real heated in arguments, while I Spock it up
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:10 am

To me, this is war,

all I am doing is trying to pass on my knowledge of how to survive and even thrive in these situations

It's not an argument tho, I don't present any evidence to prove anything, you can take it or leave it as you please
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:10 am
all I am doing is trying to pass on my knowledge of how to survive and even thrive in these situations

It's not an argument tho, I don't present any evidence to prove anything, you can take it or leave it as you please
That's all I am doing too when I disagree with you, I suppose I'm just not great at making it seem that way, and this often rubs people the wrong way
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:09 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:54 pm
StCapps wrote:

I like a healthy disagreement, it is one of my biggest strengths and also one of my biggest flaws, as I take things too far sometimes with those who do not enjoy a healthy disagreement as much as I do

I'm not trying to win the argument so much as I am trying to understand your viewpoint and trying to help you understand my viewpoint, and I respect your viewpoint, that's why I ask for it so often, especially when we disagree

I want to know if there is an angle I'm not seeing, because that happens all the time, and that's how I learn best. If it weren't for our disagreements over the years, I wouldn't be who I am today, they have helped me a great deal

I apologize if I stray into unintentionally selfish territory at times, I mean no disrespect, and I'm not trying to piss you off, I just fail sometimes, because I can be an overly argumentative bastard, as I'm sure you are aware

Corso Italia, both a blessing and a curse, it's how was I raised, my dad is this way on steroids, but he gets real heated in arguments, while I Spock it up
You have nothing to apologize for, I'm not accusing you of wrongdoing,

I'm just not making an argument, so in theory there is nothing to disagree with

It's just my professional opinion, opinion is not argument,

there is simply no need for evidence if one is not trying prove something

I'm just backing away, I'm not trying to fight you, I'm 100% focused on fighting the threat

Like I don't care what they do in South Korea, it's not relevant to the situation here
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 am
Indeed, that's what I'm saying

This is why I don't get how I ticked you off, because that's all I was doing, and you seemed to think I was arguing with you, when I was basically agreeing with 99% of what you said, which is why I was trying to clarify my position, to show you that was the case

I was just soliciting your opinion, because your opinion is valuable to me, including when your opinion differs from my own

When we disagree I learn, When we agree I riff with you, win-win either way, from where I am sitting
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

This is why I don't get how I ticked you off, because that's all I was doing, and you seemed to think I was arguing with you, which is why I was trying to clarify my position, to show you that I wasn't, I was just soliciting your opinion, because your opinion is valuable to me
I give you my opinion, then you seem to want me to repeat myself, otherwise known as belaboring

Fuck South Korea and what people think Canada should do like South Korea, I don't fucking care

Seems simple enough
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

This is why I don't get how I ticked you off, because that's all I was doing, and you seemed to think I was arguing with you, which is why I was trying to clarify my position, to show you that I wasn't, I was just soliciting your opinion, because your opinion is valuable to me
I give you my opinion, then you seem to want me to repeat myself, otherwise known as belaboring

Fuck South Korea and what people think Canada should do like South Korea, I don't fucking care

Seems simple enough
I was simply trying to understand the reason behind why you hold the opinion you do, to understand you more clearly, wasn't trying to be labor, just genuinely curious
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*