Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:24 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:23 pm
Like I am operational in warfighting mode

But I'm not running the government

I pay no attention to the big picture, I have my own op to run

What the government does or does not do ?

Warfighter ; not my control, not my concern
I am paying attention to the big picture, and I can run my own op while doing so, taking it day-by-day, week-by-week

You might not want to walk and chew gum at the same time, but I do

Perhaps you are happier not thinking about the big picture at all, but I am happier thinking about the big picture every now and then while still living in the present
Like I say, I'm not expecting a V Shaped recovery, I think it will be Check Mark shaped

Big drop, years to recover from it

I think a depression is a realistic expectation with the caveat that that doesn't mean the Great Depression per se
Nec Aspera Terrent

GloryofGreece

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 pm

The good, the true, & the beautiful

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:24 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:23 pm
Like I am operational in warfighting mode

But I'm not running the government

I pay no attention to the big picture, I have my own op to run

What the government does or does not do ?

Warfighter ; not my control, not my concern
I am paying attention to the big picture, and I can run my own op while doing so, taking it day-by-day, week-by-week

You might not want to walk and chew gum at the same time, but I do

Perhaps you are happier not thinking about the big picture at all, but I am happier thinking about the big picture every now and then while still living in the present
Like I say, I'm not expecting a V Shaped recovery, I think it will be Check Mark shaped

Big drop, years to recover from it

I think a depression is a realistic expectation with the caveat that that doesn't mean the Great Depression per se
And I agree with your assessment, but that doesn't negate that handling things more like South Korea once capacity increases is the way to go

If thinking of the big picture at all deters from your perpetual good mood, that's unfortunate, it doesn't sour my mood, and when it does, which is rarely, I stop thinking of the part of the big picture that is souring my mood

I'm a Vulcan like that, just not of the doom and gloom variety
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm

I mean this is already a depression, this is what a depression looks like, this is a depression that I predicted

It's just a question of how bad for how long,

I don't expect 1933 levels, but it's going to be much worse than a recession
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm
I mean this is already a depression, this is what a depression looks like, this is a depression that I predicted

It's just a question of how bad how long,

Yeah it's definitely going to be a depression, I always agreed with you on that point
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Yeah it's definitely going to be a depression, I always agreed with you on that point
I don't mean it like a bogey, it's not the end of the world,

the economy is not going to be swallowed by a black hole

A depression in the sense of sustained quarters of deep recession until the crisis is over, with a vaccine
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I don't mean like a bogey, it's not the end of the world, the economy is not going to be swallowed by a black hole

A depression in the sense of many quarters of deep recession until the crisis is over, with a vaccine
Indeed

See apparently thinking of the big picture doesn't bother you in this instance

Yet "South Korea is doing a good job, wise governments should steal what is working so well for them, and implement it themselves when feasible", that somehow seems to detract from your perpetual good mood for some reason, odd
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
I don't mean like a bogey, it's not the end of the world, the economy is not going to be swallowed by a black hole

A depression in the sense of many quarters of deep recession until the crisis is over, with a vaccine
Indeed

Yet "South Korea is doing a good job and we should steal what is working so well for them" somehow seems to detract from your perpetual good mood for some reason, odd
I don't focus on it, I am prepped for a depression, hedged for a depression, no need to track it from there

If it turns out to be shorter and milder, fine by me, but that doesn't alter my position

What South Korea does I pay zero attention to because I know it's not a proxy for Ontario Canada /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Indeed

Yet "South Korea is doing a good job and we should steal what is working so well for them" somehow seems to detract from your perpetual good mood for some reason, odd
I don't focus on it, I am prepped for a depression, hedged for a depression, no need to track it from there

If it turns out to be shorter and milder, fine by me, but that doesn't alter my position

What South Korea does I pay zero attention to because I know it's not a proxy for Canada /shrugs
It isn't a proxy for Canada, but Canada stealing some of their better strategies when feasible is totally doable, even if they choose not to do it
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 pm
StCapps wrote:
Indeed

What South Korea does I pay zero attention to because I know it's not a proxy for Canada /shrugs
It isn't a proxy for Canada, but Canada stealing some of their better strategies when feasible is totally do able, even if they choose not to do it
Fuck Canada /shrugs

I'm not waiting for Canada to save me, I know how silly this place is
Nec Aspera Terrent