Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

StCapps

Re: Common Sense 319 – A Recipe for Caesar

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:33 am

That's the other thing, he has like a 20 minute intro to nowhere before he even launches into anything relevant.

Stop partisanism my ass. A pox on all reformers.

At least he realizes the show is trash and he shouldn't have released it, while blaming Coronavirus infested Ben for changing his mind.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 am
i guess i havent gotten that far, i'm only 30 minutes in and he's talking about the benefits of everyone talking to the other side
Don’t even bother. Capps will never forgive his lack of support for Drumpf.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:37 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 am
pineapplemike wrote:
i guess i havent gotten that far, i'm only 30 minutes in and he's talking about the benefits of everyone talking to the other side
That has nothing to do with it, that is merely a symptom of the problem with common sense. The real problem is Dan is a Fake Neutral Milquetoast Fence Sitter who can't see his own bias while railing against everyone else's bias, and he is getting more grating about it with every episode. Trump may have exposed the issue for all to see, but it was always the biggest flaw with the show, even back in the day, long before Trump began running for President in 2015.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:33 am
That's the other thing, he has like a 20 minute intro to nowhere before he even launches into anything relevant.

Stop partisanism my ass. A pox on all reformers.

The Whole War Was A Warcrime Blah, Blah, Blah
Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 am

but in a lot of ways trump IS worse than bush and obama. trump just signed a 2 trillion dollar stimulus bailout and i heard barely a peep out of the fiscal conservative budget hawks of yesteryear. also there are more troops in the middle east now than when he came into office. i think much of this "outsider" talk is overblown. i like his press conferences as much as the next guy when he dunks on the press but he looks like an moron when he authoritatively states to the press the population of seoul is 38 million and that no one knows south korea better than he does

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:48 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 am
but in a lot of ways trump IS worse than bush and obama. trump just signed a 2 trillion dollar stimulus bailout and i heard barely a peep out of the fiscal conservative budget hawks of yesteryear. also there are more troops in the middle east now than when he came into office. i think much of this "outsider" talk is overblown. i like his press conferences as much as the next guy when he dunks on the press but he looks like an moron when he authoritatively states to the press the population of seoul is 38 million and that no one knows south korea better than he does
It's a boom & bust world and the booms & busts are getting bigger

There is no Congress which is going withhold the bailout, there is no President which would refuse to sign it

So it's a wash
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:48 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 am
Trump started no new wars, unlike Obama and Bush, while you tunnel vision on Trump levels like Obama and Bush never raised them to a far higher degree under their watch than Trump by several orders of magnitude.

On a lot of the issues Dan cares about most, Trump is better, and yet Dan acts like he's far worse, because the way he talks makes him think Trump really wants to be a strongman, regardless of how he actually governs. Dan is also continuing to pretend Trump is Nuclear Hitler.

Dan's biggest critique of Trump, is a distaste for his personality, which leads to all sorts of ridiculous conclusions and assumptions about Trump. These concerns outweigh everything that actually matters, as Dan barely mentions them to tunnel vision on what he thinks Trump is really thinking with his incredible mind reading abilities. Obvious Trump Derangement Syndrome is obvious.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:54 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:37 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:
That has nothing to do with it, that is merely a symptom of the problem with common sense. The real problem is Dan is a Fake Neutral Milquetoast Fence Sitter who can't see his own bias while railing against everyone else's bias, and he is getting more grating about it with every episode. Trump may have exposed the issue for all to see, but it was always the biggest flaw with the show, even back in the day, long before Trump began running for President in 2015.
Indeed,

Moreover, we are in the throws of such a massive epoch, Information Age sweeping the Industrial Age aside, that it simply defies the kind of beer hall solutions Carlin proposes

There will be winners & losers in any war, creative destruction is a feature not a bug
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:58 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:54 am
StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:37 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Indeed,

Moreover, we are in the throws of such a massive epoch, Information Age sweeping the Industrial Age aside, that it simply defies the kind of beer hall solutions Carlin proposes

There will be winners & losers in any war, creative destruction is a feature not a bug
Hell in this podcast Dan rails against the downsides of the information age and creative destruction, like it is a bug not a feature, and Trump is a symptom of that problem, which is why Trump is beyond the pale and the worst president in forever.

It's a very silly podcast.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:59 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:58 am
It's a very silly podcast.
You learn about America from The Tiger King

The three cults of America

You're either with Joe Exotic, Doc Antle, or Carole Baskin
Nec Aspera Terrent