An apology

Montegriffo

Re: An apology

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:00 am

Now the burka makes sense, all they need is a pair of goggles and they've got a full-body hazmat suit.
Only the Muslim hordes will survive, inshallah.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:02 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:00 am
Now the burka makes sense, all they need is a pair of goggles and they've got a full-body hazmat suit.
Alhamdulillah
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:02 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:57 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:55 am
If this was a Blood Agent, we'd all be doomed, that would be the Doomsday Bug.
OK, but my point still stands. The virus could be lurking on your takeaway container.
You'll never see the one coming that gets you on the battlefield

The enemy could be lurking anywhere, but you still have to operate

Welcome to the infantry, get comfortable with uncertainty

It's like my uncle flew a Huey in Vietnam

But there were times around An Khe were they had to go out on the ground

He said he didn't mind getting shot at with .50 cal, but landmines were scary af
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:21 am

Montegriffo wrote:
It's more about locking in and out of your fortress

Like I treat the car as contaminated, I do the decontamination in the garage, then I lock into the house

In terms of takeout, just eat it in the field, right in the car, toss the refuse on site
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:35 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:21 am
Montegriffo wrote:
It's more about locking in and out of your fortress

Like I treat the car as contaminated, I do the decontamination in the garage, then I lock into the house
I filled up the car with cheap go-juice yesterday while I was stocking up on chokers. I used the disposable gloves to touch the pump handle which I never used to bother with.
The few times I've been to the supermarket I've used my own bags and not touched the carts or anything but the food itself. My chef training kicked in hardcore a couple of weeks ago before we even had any cases in Iceniland.
I talk to farmer Paul through the window or on the phone or from a safe distance if we are outside. I don't want to hurt him with his farmer's lung and advancing age.
We don't get any visitors on the farm anymore and I'm going to start making all our bread so we don't have to leave. The milkman is still delivering the dairy produce and they have plenty of beef in the freezers. The only thing we are short of is chickens to lay eggs. Bloody fox killed them all last year and he never got around to replacing them.
If eggs become a problem I might start checking the ponds for duck and moorhen nests, spring has sprung and the wildlife is starting to get jiggy.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:35 am

Another drill is that I have field uniform and bivouac uniform

Field clothes stay in the field, get tossed straight into laundry, then I switch to my gangsta tracksuit in the house
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:42 am

Here's a tip for smokers

If you're not buying by the carton, just remove all the plastic from the packs and toss them as part of decam

It's like my buddy is all paranoid, he was decamming everything, except his smokes, which I pointed out
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:35 am

Field clothes stay in the field, get tossed straight into laundry, then I switch to my gangsta tracksuit in the house
That's good practise, I'm not planning to leave the farm again for a few weeks apart from maybe going to the pub for a couple of day's pay deep cleaning the kitchen.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:48 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:21 am

In terms of takeout, just eat it in the field, right in the car, toss the refuse on site
I'd be more inclined to take it home, toss the container on the fire and wash my hands before I started eating it. If you have alcohol hand sanitiser in the car you can avoid that step.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:35 am

That's good practise, I'm not planning to leave the farm again for a few weeks apart from maybe going to the pub for a couple of day's pay deep cleaning the kitchen.
I'm still going out to pick up supplies while we are not in a lockdown

I don't run my reserves down until I actually have to
Nec Aspera Terrent