SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

heydaralon

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by heydaralon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:31 pm
This is all just governments and corporations trying to one up each other now

For governments it is same ol' same ol' Do Something !!!

For corporations it's liability, you don't want to be sued for coronvirus contamination or whatever
Yep.

Its pathetic.

As I have said before, it is not uncommon for the flu to kill 600,000 people per year. We don't fill our sandbags and curl into a ball over that.

Italy is full of old peole, and Chinese people don't wash their hands after they take a shit or have U-pipes in their toilets. They would also eat human feces if they thought it could suffer pain while they prepared it for dinner. This is round 3 for viruses originating from the Chinky food industry in the last 10 years. Are we really shocked that these two septic tank countries are suffering from this? Color me unsurprised.

As an aside, I am pretty happy Iran is having trouble too. Payback is a bitch motherfucker. Now would be the time for America to double down on their sanctions and really make them hurt. Looking back, maybe they might have a different opinion on embassies.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Toilet paper mania has hit the UK in the last couple of days. Hand sanitisers, pasta and rice also running out in some supermarkets.
Tesco and Waitrose chains now rationing certain items to limit the damage done by selfish hoarders.
2 matches out of the 3 left in the 6 nations rugby championships have been postponed.
Cheltenham races still on though despite expecting 250,000 people over the course of the festival.
Football matches also unaffected.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:50 pm
Toilet paper mania has hit the UK in the last couple of days. Hand sanitisers, pasta and rice also running out in some supermarkets.
Tesco and Waitrose chains now rationing certain items to limit the damage done by selfish hoarders.
2 matches out of the 3 left in the 6 nations rugby championships have been postponed.
Cheltenham races still on though despite expecting 250,000 people over the course of the festival.
Football matches also unaffected.
If you have the flu, why would you bother wiping your ass? You're dead anyway. Hell, I've been in the ICU for six months after getting a cold. How will we ever get overcome Corona? Can you imagine people in 1940's Europe having to deal with a problem this big?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:04 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:40 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

For corporations it's liability, you don't want to be sued for coronvirus contamination or whatever
Yep.

Its pathetic.

As I have said before, it is not uncommon for the flu to kill 600,000 people per year. We don't fill our sandbags and curl into a ball over that.
Again, it's mostly a Boomer problem, but that is where the money is

Just go with Disaster Capitalism, how can I exploit this Boomer crisis to my advantage ?
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:04 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Yep.

Its pathetic.

Just go with Disaster Capitalism, how can I exploit this Boomer crisis to my advantage ?
I'm going to buy Carnival Cruise stock real talk.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:26 pm

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:32 pm

:lol:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:44 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:06 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Yep.

Its pathetic.

There certainly is a number where it is a buy, especially when they're paying a 9.2% dividend

It's not like it's being sold into a black hole, people are buying it, it's up again after hours

Coronavirus is short term, even a pandemic only lasts a year, even if there is a hangover, that too will pass
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:21 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:44 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:06 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

There certainly is a number where it is a buy, especially when they're paying a 9.2% dividend

It's not like it's being sold into a black hole, people are buying it, it's up again after hours

Coronavirus is short term, even a pandemic only lasts a year, even if there is a hangover, that too will pass
That can't be right. The Doomers are telling me that the healthcare system will be overwhelmed, we're going to run out of hospital beds, all of our grandparents are going to die, and we won't have enough masks to give healthcare workers so they'll start dying too.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:37 am