10%

Total votes: 10

heydaralon

Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by heydaralon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:49 pm
Public Healthcare is not free

The Average Canadian pays about $500/month in taxes to fund it.

Because there is no profit motive to drive expansion however, it's never enough and so there are shortages

It is literally half the budgets for the provinces, 50% of Canadian taxes are required to pay for it
Do most Canadians like Public Healthcare?

In America Obama types always talk about how great it is. Is that the word on the street in Canada?
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:21 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:14 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Because there is no profit motive to drive expansion however, it's never enough and so there are shortages

It is literally half the budgets for the provinces, 50% of Canadian taxes are required to pay for it

In America Obama types always talk about how great it is. Is that the word on the street in Canada?
It's one of our most loved institutions here in the UK. Tories like to spend less but they still base their electioneering on it. Even Brexiteers include the NHS in their lies on a bus.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:21 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

It's one of our most loved institutions here in the UK. Tories like to spend less but they still base their electioneering on it. Even Brexiteers include the NHS in their lies on a bus.
I was in the National Honor Society in High School. It wasn't that beloved when I was there. You just needed like a 3.5 weighted GPA.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:29 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:27 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:21 pm
heydaralon wrote:

I was in the National Honor Society in High School. It wasn't that beloved when I was there. You just needed like a 3.5 weighted GPA.
I bet you used to lie on the bus as well.
Only it was the short bus.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm

I had a buddy in high school who used to do dip on the bus. He would sometimes leave the empty cans on the ground. One time the bus driver found it and got really pissed. She said "whose is this?" He had this fat dip in his bottom lip and he was like "be cool be cool."
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:53 pm

The only time I ever went to school on a bus was when we lived in Germany and got a lift on what everyone called the boneshakers. Even in the mid 70's these buses were ancient. Old Army vehicles painted in olive drab. We hated them and envied the swanky modern buses that the German kids went to school on.
They look kinda cool nowadays and I wouldn't say no to one.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:04 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:53 pm
The only time I ever went to school on a bus was when we lived in Germany and got a lift on what everyone called the boneshakers. Even in the mid 70's these buses were ancient. Old Army vehicles painted in olive drab. We hated them and envied the swanky modern buses that the German kids went to school on.
When people convert buses in to campers what do they do with all the windows?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:05 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Canadians do prefer public healthcare, but also acknowledge that the current system is unsustainable

Canada is slowly but surely moving towards a mixed public-private alternative, as the public only option goes broke
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Presumably, since you don't work anymore, it's free for you?
They still take taxes off my pension, that's the only income tax I pay

My wife pays so much tho, it works out to about $500 each
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:13 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:04 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:53 pm
When people convert buses in to campers what do they do with all the windows?
Leave them in but panel over them on the inside. Too many windows makes them too hot in the summer and you get shit loads of condensation in the winter. The old buses are better because they have windows you can open.
You don't see so many travellers in them anymore because the law changed in '97 which meant you could only drive up to 3.5 tonnes on a car license. I passed in about '85 so I have what they call a ''grandad's'' license which lets me drive up to 7.5 tonnes (roughly 16,500lbs).