Social Justice Warriors Thread

Hastur

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Hastur » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 pm

BjornP wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:13 pm
Hastur wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 am
Scandinavian airline SAS pulls their new add after less than a day. "Unexpected negative reactions". Probably Russian bots- :roll:

By the weird logic of the ad, no major cultural group in the world has anything that is culturally "truly" theirs. Nothing is "truly Mexican" because they got alot of their influences from Spanish. Nothing is "truly" Japanese, because they got their idea of a divine emperor from China. Nothing is "truly" Persian, because they got their writing from Sumerian cuneiform.

At the end of the day, this is just a way for SAS to push back against the environmentalists who want people to travel less by air. Norwegian Airlines was recently caught inflating the numbers of a tree-planting project they advertised on their site, a project meant to curb the feelings of guilt the moderately green passangers might feel flying to their holiday or work destinations. The SAS project, by comparison, simply sold a much cheaper indulgence:

"Ok, you're polluting the air, but at least you're becoming more cosmopolitan and enlightened than others in the process. You're bettering the world, too!".
The SAS unions say it's a way to prepare the customers for non Scandinavian speaking low wager personnel. Best explanation so far.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:55 pm

Hastur wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 pm
BjornP wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:13 pm
Hastur wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 am
Scandinavian airline SAS pulls their new add after less than a day. "Unexpected negative reactions". Probably Russian bots- :roll:

By the weird logic of the ad, no major cultural group in the world has anything that is culturally "truly" theirs. Nothing is "truly Mexican" because they got alot of their influences from Spanish. Nothing is "truly" Japanese, because they got their idea of a divine emperor from China. Nothing is "truly" Persian, because they got their writing from Sumerian cuneiform.

At the end of the day, this is just a way for SAS to push back against the environmentalists who want people to travel less by air. Norwegian Airlines was recently caught inflating the numbers of a tree-planting project they advertised on their site, a project meant to curb the feelings of guilt the moderately green passangers might feel flying to their holiday or work destinations. The SAS project, by comparison, simply sold a much cheaper indulgence:

"Ok, you're polluting the air, but at least you're becoming more cosmopolitan and enlightened than others in the process. You're bettering the world, too!".
The SAS unions say it's a way to prepare the customers for non Scandinavian speaking low wager personnel. Best explanation so far.
They are going to break up your unions so hard bro.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 pm

Hastur wrote:

Ah, yeah that does makes alot of sense, too. Could you link to a source? I must be losing my google-fu skills.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:15 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 pm
Hastur wrote:

Ah, yeah that does makes alot of sense, too. Could you link to a source? I must be losing my google-fu skills.
It was on the pilots union Twitter yesterday.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 am

lol @ Unions. Imagine thinking a voluntary association of workers has a chance when the state is all-powerful. I mean, lol.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:49 am

Calculus Man wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 am
lol @ Unions. Imagine thinking a voluntary association of workers has a chance when the state is all-powerful. I mean, lol.
In what Scandinavian country is the state "all-powerful"?

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:55 am

BjornP wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:49 am
Calculus Man wrote:
All of them.
I know, you have nominally market-based economies. But your money is paper and your taxation is confiscatory. Thus, the state reigns supreme.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:09 am

Calculus Man wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:55 am
BjornP wrote:
Calculus Man wrote:
All of them.
I know, you have nominally market-based economies. But your money is paper and your taxation is confiscatory. Thus, the state reigns supreme.
We also have no liberties. The idea that there is something the state may not regulate is absent from our constitution. All our rights are given and can, therefore, be taken away. Still, the state isn't "all-powerful" anymore. Because above the state, we now have the EU that can make new laws and tell our state what laws they have to make. The laws written in the EU are done so by unelected technocrats. The so-called EU parliament can choose to turn down the proposed laws, but that will just send them back to redrafted until they pass.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:22 am

Scandinavians have the highest union rates in the world. That's why they are being fucked with.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:55 am
BjornP wrote:
Calculus Man wrote:
All of them.
Ah, that sort of "all-powerful"... :drool: