SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Manwithnoname

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Manwithnoname » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:17 am

Fuck religion, fuck ideology. Fuck all of it. History, and as DCF refugees, I’d like to think that we are smarter than that. History is about who holds the knife. All else is window dressing.

The people in charge couldn’t give 2 fucks if we all died tomorrow- except that it may cost votes, money, or the mob may rise up. So they will do what they can to protect 1 & 2, and make sure 3 never happens. Is what it is.

I work for a billionaire that has mob connections going back to the 60’s (his son is CEO now). They pay well and I am happy, but they live in a different world from me. I have no illusions that they give a fuck about me, but they do need me to add a dollar here and a dollar there to the family fortune.

Is what it is. I like the show and was born with a ticket, so I will watch the show, whatever that may be. And for any idealists- see how far that gets you when your food supply runs out. I’m guessing you will take a harder look at human nature, and a more realistic look, than you expected
Carlin delenda est

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:48 am

Nihilism is also a religion. You can't escape.
People like Sam Harris think they can live life making all desissions on a rational and scientific ground. I call bullshit. Everyone alt on some kind of principles. Even if it's just hedonism.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 am

Hastur wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:48 am
People like Sam Harris think they can live life making all desissions on a rational and scientific ground. I call bullshit. Everyone alt on some kind of principles. Even if it's just hedonism.
We never do anything that doesn’t benefit us, or at least think it will. I took this job coz it was 30k a year better. I fucked this cunt coz it was younger than my wife’s.

We all do things that make us feel good. Pick your sport. Give food to the homeless. Bet it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Pick anything you did that you thought was altruistic and I’ll find a way that explains how it was all about you
Carlin delenda est

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:38 am

Possible community transmission occurred in Hawaii in the first week of Feb.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:17 am
Fuck religion, fuck ideology. Fuck all of it. History, and as DCF refugees, I’d like to think that we are smarter than that. History is about who holds the knife. All else is window dressing.

The people in charge couldn’t give 2 fucks if we all died tomorrow- except that it may cost votes, money, or the mob may rise up. So they will do what they can to protect 1 & 2, and make sure 3 never happens. Is what it is.

I work for a billionaire that has mob connections going back to the 60’s (his son is CEO now). They pay well and I am happy, but they live in a different world from me. I have no illusions that they give a fuck about me, but they do need me to add a dollar here and a dollar there to the family fortune.

Is what it is. I like the show and was born with a ticket, so I will watch the show, whatever that may be. And for any idealists- see how far that gets you when your food supply runs out. I’m guessing you will take a harder look at human nature, and a more realistic look, than you expected
Take all that back, Aussie.

Nihilistic posts like this goes against Martin's community guideline standards and also the EU's Acceptable Internet Communications act subsection 127.0.0.1
Shikata ga nai

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:40 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Take all that back, Aussie.

Nihilistic posts like this goes against Martin's community guideline standards and also the EU's Acceptable Internet Communications act subsection 127.0.0.1
I like that. That made me laugh. I think I will go and sneeze on a child to celebrate
Carlin delenda est

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 am
Hastur wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:48 am
We never do anything that doesn’t benefit us, or at least think it will. I took this job coz it was 30k a year better. I fucked this cunt coz it was younger than my wife’s.

We all do things that make us feel good. Pick your sport. Give food to the homeless. Bet it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Pick anything you did that you thought was altruistic and I’ll find a way that explains how it was all about you
That’s freshman philosophy dude.

Now ask yourself whether it’s a corrupted motive to give in order to receive good feels. Or if it’s selfish to sacrifice for your offspring.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:36 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Now ask yourself whether it’s a corrupted motive to give in order to receive good feels. Or if it’s selfish to sacrifice for your offspring.
Dude? Really? Debate here involves the word dude? Sigh. Anyhow...

If I understand you correctly yes and yes, but your syntax is messy.

I have kids. I made them because it was good to fuck and also to pass on my genes so I can live forever. That I like them is a bonus.
Carlin delenda est

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:38 pm

As someone who has watched nearly 100 war movies, and at least 20-30 disaster movies like 2012 or Independence Day 2, I can say as an authority that mankind needs to change. We are too dependent on fossil fuel. We are greedy. That is not ok. We should not be killing one another. In The Day After Tomorrow, a prescient warning about climate change, they banded together and made a difference. Why can't we do that? Why must people lie and steal? We must put aside our differences like in Deep Impact. Only this movie doesn't have a 90 minute runtime. It lasts for 5000 thousands years of recorded history. It is a movie called real life, and each of us is the star.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:36 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Dude? Really? Debate here involves the word dude? Sigh. Anyhow...

If I understand you correctly yes and yes, but your syntax is messy.

I have kids. I made them because it was good to fuck and also to pass on my genes so I can live forever. That I like them is a bonus.
I’m of the generation in which dude became a pronoun, verb, and adjective lol

We’re not exactly writing thesis statements here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0