So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

StCapps

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:43 pm
A hot war might incite a correction, but corrections are a good thing,
Though not necessarily for Trump's re-election efforts, which is one of many reasons why he doesn't want to rock that boat. When a correction comes, Trump doesn't want it until after he's re-elected, for obvious reasons.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:59 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:51 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Though not necessarily for Trump's re-election efforts, which is one of many reasons why he doesn't want to rock that boat. When a correction comes, Trump doesn't want it until after he's re-elected, for obvious reasons.
I don't endorse Trump, never did.

I'm not the one who wanted a 'Disruptor' in the Beltway, I'm a Neoconservative Thatcherite.

It's not my fault the Democrats are so pathetic that they can't even beat Trump.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:59 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I'm not the one who wanted a 'Disruptor' in the Beltway, I'm a Neoconservative Thatcherite.

It's not my fault the Democrats are so pathetic that they can't even beat Trump.
No new nation building regime change wars, and a booming economy, doesn't get much better than that during your first three years in office, that's a solid record, whether you endorse him or not. The Democrats may be pathetic, but Trump is not that weak, it's not like they'd have an easy tine beating Trump if they were just slightly less pathetic, it would take an actually solid candidate with a party that isn't pathetic at all, to knock him off at this point.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:10 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Trump is doing a pretty solid job. No new nation building regime change wars, and a booming economy, doesn't get much better than that during your first three years in office, that's a solid record.
I'm not opposed to nation building regime change wars, the President isn't actually the one juicing the economy,
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Trump is doing a pretty solid job. No new nation building regime change wars, and a booming economy, doesn't get much better than that during your first three years in office, that's a solid record.
I'm not opposed to nation building regime change wars, the President isn't actually the one juicing the economy,
What nation building regime change wars have ever gone well for America? Not seeing any.

Trump is juicing the economy, with the animal spirits. Though he's certainly not alone.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:19 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:15 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
What nation building regime change wars have ever gone well for America? Not seeing any.

Trump is juicing the economy, with the animal spirits.
What American regime change wars have gone badly ? Even Vietnam capitulated in the end.

The Animal Spirits of artificially low interest rates predate Trump by eight years, this is still the bailout from 2008
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:19 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

What American regime change wars have gone badly ? Even Vietnam capitulated in the end.

The Animal Spirits of artificially low interest rates predate Trump by eight years, this is still the bailout from 2008
The Animal Spirits under Obama were nowhere near as boomy, Obama held the economy back with a Jimmy Carter malaise style effect on the animal spirits, Trump doesn't.

If you can't point to a single example of regime change wars going well, it's probably not a good idea to go down that road. Vietnam and Iraq both went badly, Vietnam eventually coming around was made harder by the nation building regime change war than it otherwise would have been if they just stayed the fuck out. Drawing a circle around an arrow and calling it a bullseye is not a good example of regime change wars going well. Iraq is still fucked up from Humpty Dumpty being broken.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:27 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:21 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:19 pm
StCapps wrote:

The Animal Spirits under Obama were nowhere near as boomy, Obama held the economy back with a Jimmy Carter malaise style effect on the animal spirits, Trump doesn't.

If you can't point to a single example of regime change wars going well, it's probably not a good idea to go down that road. Vietnam and Iraq both went badly, Vietnam eventually coming around was made harder by the nation building regime change war than it otherwise would have been if they just stayed the fuck out.
The economy was plenty boomy under Obama, the stock market was up a 1000%

All my gains were from Bush and Obama, the supposed Trump bump is tiny in comparison.

Vietnam didn't go badly, the Americans annihilated the North Vietnamese.

The Iraq war didn't go badly, the Americans defeated first the Baathists, then AQI, now ISIS, total domination.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:27 pm

All my gains were from Bush and Obama, the supposed Trump bump is tiny in comparison.

The Iraq war didn't go badly, the Americans defeated first the Baathists, then AQI, now ISIS, total domination.
Well that's weird, because the Trump is bigger than Obama bump, especially during the first three years in office. Comparing the bump from 3 years of Trump to 8 years of Obama or Bush isn't really fair dude, you gotta compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges. Take the best three years under either of them, the Trump Bump is bigger.

The nation building went badly in Iraq, there was no nation, they broke it. The nation building went badly in Vietnam too. Winning the battle and then squandering the win with idiotic nation building never goes well for America, it's a mistake to be avoided.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:32 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:27 pm

Well that's weird, because the Trump is bigger than Obama bump, especially during the first three years in office.
No it's not, I'm in the stock market, and so I can tell you that the massive bump is from 2008

Since 2016 it's only been a slight increase on an already massively inflated market.
Nec Aspera Terrent