So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

StCapps

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:08 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:46 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:54 pm
No sense trying to appease the Mullahs in Tehran, have at them, wot ?

Montegriffo is a Concern Troll Appeasement Monkey, who knew?
Whatever happened to Qui Ose Gagne ?

Monte seems to be under the impression that fortune favors the timid, not the bold. He who caves to terrorist demands wins, according to Monte.

Sad.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:18 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:12 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:08 pm
StCapps wrote:
Whatever happened to Qui Ose Gagne ?

Monte seems to be under the impression that fortune favors the timid, not the bold.

He who caves to terrorist demands wins, according to Monte.

Sad.
To the Heights of Queenston as necessary, fully prepared if not eager.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:20 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:00 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:59 pm
StCapps wrote:
I'm not arguing for appeasement, just pointing out whose dick stirred the hornet's nest in the first place.
This could have been avoided if Trump had kept to his promise of not getting involved in the ME but he had to go against his advisors and allies and pull out of the nuclear deal.
The Iran Nuclear Deal is appeasement, fool. You are totally arguing for appeasement with the constant whining about backing out of that deal. Don't snow.
The deal was a verifiable way of stopping Iran from developing nuclear weapons. How are you going to stop them now there are no inspectors at the heart of the program?
Add to that the collapse of the Iranian currency due to Trump's sanctions and you are backing Iran into a corner.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:20 pm
The deal was a verifiable way of stopping Iran from developing nuclear weapons.
:lol:
Monte seems to think the Iran Mullah's are Afroman.

They were gonna give up their nukes, but then Trump pulled out of the Iran Deal.
They were gonna leave America alone, but Trump pulled out of the Iran Deal.
They were gonna change their ways, but didn't, and I know why. Why man? Hey hey,
Because Trump pulled out of the Iran Deal, Because Trump got out of the Iran Deal, Because there's no more Iran Nuke Deal.

Hilarious.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:20 pm
The deal was a verifiable way of stopping Iran from developing nuclear weapons.
:lol:
Monte seems to think the Iran Mullah's are Afroman.

They were gonna give up their nukes, but then Trump pulled out of the Iran Deal.
They were gonna leave America alone, but the Trump pulled out of the Iran Deal.
They were gonna change their ways, but didn't, and I know why, why man?
Because Trump out of the Iran Deal, Because Trump pulled out of the Iran Deal, Because Trump pulled out of the Iran deal.

Hilarious.
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Gotta say Monte, I never trusted the Iranians as far I could throw a mullah. They might have dialed back their nuke program, but they have still been fucking with all their neighbors 24/7. At least Kim just wants to be seen as a big man, like his buddy Trump, while the Iranians have been stirring the pot there in the ME for 40 years, funding and training subversives and militias from Lebanon to Yemen. As for ND's rants, it's FAR more about doing the bidding of the Saudis than Israelis, the Saudis have been at war with Iranian proxies for years and suffered a mass drone attack.

Not that I think assassinating someone arguably the most powerful man in his country was a good idea of course. A plausibly deniable mass destruction attack is definitely a possibility. They know we're pussies about actually holding anyone accountable, we didn't hold KSA accountable at all for 9/11 even though all the radicalized participants grew in the fertile Wahhabi soil the Saudis tilled, and still till, throughout the Muslim world.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:59 pm

Nuke, Monte, and Punky all prefer a President reacts to an embassy attack by leaving the personnel there to die, lie about it, and then blame a youtube video.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:21 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:50 pm
Gotta say Monte, I never trusted the Iranians as far I could throw a mullah. They might have dialed back their nuke program, but they have still been fucking with all their neighbors 24/7. At least Kim just wants to be seen as a big man, like his buddy Trump, while the Iranians have been stirring the pot there in the ME for 40 years, funding and training subversives and militias from Lebanon to Yemen. As for ND's rants, it's FAR more about doing the bidding of the Saudis than Israelis, the Saudis have been at war with Iranian proxies for years and suffered a mass drone attack.

Not that I think assassinating someone arguably the most powerful man in his country was a good idea of course. A plausibly deniable mass destruction attack is definitely a possibility. They know we're pussies about actually holding anyone accountable, we didn't hold KSA accountable at all for 9/11 even though all the radicalized participants grew in the fertile Wahhabi soil the Saudis tilled, and still till, throughout the Muslim world.
Sure, I'm no fan of the Iranians either no matter what the idiots keen to misrepresent me might say. Don't forget though that we have been stirring the pot in the region since it was Persia and must accept as much responsibility for the instability of the area as Iran, Saudi Arabia or Isreal. I'm including the British in that too. Don't forget that the West backed Sadam in the horrendous Iran-Iraq war and then turned on him when his usefulness was over. Now their economy is being ruined in an attempt to encourage an uprising so it is hardly surprising that Iran seeks nuclear weapons to defend themselves. There is no trust on either side and assassinating their most powerful general will only lead to more deaths. He was undoubtedly a sponsor of terrorism and an evil man but he'll be replaced and nothing will change.
I do believe however that abandoning the Iran nuclear deal has done more harm than good. Trump claimed that it was a terrible deal and he was going to negotiate a better one. Where is this new deal? All I see is measures to destabilise the region further.
Iran will surely retaliate and the US will retaliate back and on and on it will go until there is another 9/11 or worse and full scale war will ensue with Russia backing Iran and Isreal and the Saudis joining in against them.

Smitty might be right about Iran not wanting a full scale war but if they are continuously backed into a corner they will end up with little choice.
This brinkmanship can have no positive outcome for the region and the risks are great.
I also can't shake the feeling that it is all intended as a distraction from Trump's impeachment.
The sycophants seem to have forgotten Trump's promises to withdraw from the ME and start no new wars and are now cheering him on.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:21 pm
brewster wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Sure, I'm no fan of the Iranians either no matter what the idiots keen to misrepresent me might say. Don't forget though that we have been stirring the pot in the region since it was Persia and must accept as much responsibility for the instability of the area as Iran, Saudi Arabia or Isreal. I'm including the British in that too. Don't forget that the West backed Sadam in the horrendous Iran-Iraq war and then turned on him when his usefulness was over. Now their economy is being ruined in an attempt to encourage an uprising so it is hardly surprising that Iran seeks nuclear weapons to defend themselves. There is no trust on either side and assassinating their most powerful general will only lead to more deaths. He was undoubtedly a sponsor of terrorism and an evil man but he'll be replaced and nothing will change.
I do believe however that abandoning the Iran nuclear deal has done more harm than good. Trump claimed that it was a terrible deal and he was going to negotiate a better one. Where is this new deal? All I see is measures to destabilise the region further.
Iran will surely retaliate and the US will retaliate back and on and on it will go until there is another 9/11 or worse and full scale war will ensue with Russia backing Iran and Isreal and the Saudis joining in against them.

Smitty might be right about Iran not wanting a full scale war but if they are continuously backed into a corner they will end up with little choice.
This brinkmanship can have no positive outcome for the region and the risks are great.
I also can't shake the feeling that it is all intended as a distraction from Trump's impeachment.
The sycophants seem to have forgotten Trump's promises to withdraw from the ME and start no new wars and are now cheering him on.
No, Clinton did that with Kosovo. You and everyone else is making it out to be more. Than it really is.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 pm

It's your topic, do try to stay on it. If you want to talk about Kosovo start another thread.