Trump Impeachment (Public Hearing)

Smitty-48

Re: Trump Impeachment (Public Hearing)

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:21 am

Can't have it both ways people.

Either you're on the Marty Hash Forum to talk about Marty Hash

Or you are a DCF refugee in Marty Hash's Basement.

If you're a DCF refugee, this is how the DCF was, if you're complaining about it, then you are not one of us.

So as we would have said on the DCF : get lost already, little bitch.

Wasn't Smitty-48 who sunk the DCF, I was Dan Carlin's bud to the end, you can ask him.

Y'all partisan hacked the DCF to death, then you partisan hacked this place to death too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:37 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:59 am
Can't we have a constantly derailed thread somewhere instead, call it a Pub or something, and a shorthand like "take it to the pub" to put in other threads when they start to drift?
That area is this area, it's the DCF Refugees.

Threads drifted on the DCF, that's what it was all about.

If you want moderation, go to Facebook.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:38 am

Recently I’ve recognized the difference between Choose-Not-to-Read and Choose-Not-to-See...

On FB, I choose not to see partisan hacks; I just Unfriend them, or at least Unfollow. A few a day but I still got 2700+ folks filling my Newsfeed.

On this forum I choose not to read partisan hacks. The difference is that mostly the thread titles clue me in rather the person is partisan hacking or saying something I might be interested in. I like this better.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:40 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:10 am
The only exception to that rule is the hockey thread. Smitty's match coverage as it happens is better than the ones offered by the MSM.
Very kind of you to say so, sir, that means a lot coming from you. Cheers.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:42 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:06 am
Hastur wrote:
Can't we have a constantly derailed thread somewhere instead, call it a Pub or something, and a shorthand like "take it to the pub" to put in other threads when they start to drift?
We had a moderator who did that once. Moved off-topic conversations elsewhere. Shit really hit the fan.
Not a bad idea in theory but I bet it just wouldn't happen in practise.
Also, Smitty is his own man. Doesn't take orders unless you outrank him.
Only Hash outranks him here and he's an absentee landlord at the moment.
No, Hash is here, he just says that he doesn't participate because of the hacking.

Hash posts his own Hash posts, he posts all the time,

Most people don't read them, because they are too busy partisan hackng with MSM talking points
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:47 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:16 am
Hey look, something on topic that's new (someone might as well do it since DB is long gone):
Yeah, you and your buddy DB, I've only known him for 14 years

I seem to remember him jacking a few threads with me over those years

I'm one of the few who knows what "DB" stands for, don't try to tell me about my own friends.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:59 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:42 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Hastur wrote:
We had a moderator who did that once. Moved off-topic conversations elsewhere. Shit really hit the fan.
No, Hash is here, he just says that he doesn't participate because of the hacking.

Most people don't read them, because they are too busy partisan hackng with MSM talking points
Well that's what I meant really.
I always read his travel stories and his tid-bits. I always enjoy them.The podcasts not so much. Depends on the subject but normally not of much interest to me (sorry Martin).
I do always wonder why he always says "my wife, Gwynne".
It's not like there's anyone reading the posts that doesn't know who she is.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:59 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:42 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Well that's what I meant really.
I always read his travel stories and his tid-bits. I always enjoy them.The podcasts not so much. Depends on the subject but normally not of much interest to me (sorry Martin).
I do always wonder why he always says "my wife, Gwene".
It's not like there's anyone reading the posts that doesn't know who she is.
Well I am ultimately here for Marty, I flipped from being a Carlin fan to being a Hash fan.

I remain at his disposal, if everybody else leaves, I'll still be here to keep him company.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:15 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:38 am
Recently I’ve recognized the difference between Choose-Not-to-Read and Choose-Not-to-See...

On FB, I choose not to see partisan hacks; I just Unfriend them, or at least Unfollow. A few a day but I still got 2700+ folks filling my Newsfeed.

On this forum I choose not to read partisan hacks. The difference is that mostly the thread titles clue me in rather the person is partisan hacking or saying something I might be interested in. I like this better.
Partisan hacks don't bother me per se, but if they just keep repeating the same tired and stale talking points over and over, which could just be cut and pasted instead, that deserves no respect. That's zero effort, just going through the motions.

Like you say, nobody can be convinced of anything anymore, and you're right, there's no politics in this postmoderm world, postmodernity is in fact the absence of politics, it's a void.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:45 pm

I write “my wife, Gwynne” (or whoever) because the link may get cross-posted someplace where people don’t know.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change