What show are you watching right now?

Smitty-48

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Your lover when you are in the military, that's a special girl

Yes, my wife surpassed her, my wife is my soul mate.

But I never stop thinking about my girl when I was in the army.

I think about her all the time.

She was an eighteen year old virgin when we met, she was a woman when we parted, it was the best of times.

Clay & Stella ftw

Nec Aspera Terrent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:18 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:20 am
You seem to layer your paranoid worldview on such a simple transaction. Take non-premium TV. We watch it, and it's commercials, because it's entertaining. When the show sucks, we stop watching, and it gets cancelled since the advertisers are paying for eyeballs. It's exactly the same with newspaper, or even tv, reviewers.
Paranoid? So when you and your wife stop watching the show it gets cancelled? You really watch the commercials too? :lol: Do you listen all the way through Dan's Audible ads?

Take that one step further and just imagine how creating drama is beneficial for the bottom line. Now parlay that into your choice of "news" programming.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Haumana wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:18 pm
brewster wrote:
You seem to layer your paranoid worldview on such a simple transaction. Take non-premium TV. We watch it, and it's commercials, because it's entertaining. When the show sucks, we stop watching, and it gets cancelled since the advertisers are paying for eyeballs. It's exactly the same with newspaper, or even tv, reviewers.
Paranoid? So when you and your wife stop watching the show it gets cancelled? You really watch the commercials too? :lol: Do you listen all the way through Dan's Audible ads?

Take that one step further and just imagine how creating drama is beneficial for the bottom line. Now parlay that into your choice of "news" programming.
If no one watched the commercials the bills would not get paid and the whole thing would stop. It's not being done for charity, or brainwashing, no matter what you think. There is a thing such as "hate watching", but I get my fill of that here, thank you very much.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 pm

She was an eighteen year old virgin when we met, she was a woman when we parted, it was the best of times.

Clay & Stella ftw

My barracks wife blew up somewhere between then and now. It's kind of depressing.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Clay & Stella ftw

My barracks wife blew up somewhere between then and now. It's kind of depressing.
I saw that mine was doing good, in the local newspaper, still looked great, tho she was forty in the photo.

No doubt she's married with kids by now, she was destined to be a mom.

she was a wholesome country girl with good family values, I'm sure she's done fine

I still dream about her tho, from time to time, when I wake up it takes me a moment to realize it wasn't real.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:56 pm
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Clay & Stella ftw

I saw that mine was doing good, in the local newspaper, still looked great, tho she was forty in the photo.

No doubt she's married with kids by now, she was destined to be a mom.

she was a wholesome country girl with good family values, I'm sure she's done fine

I still dream about her tho, from time to time, when I wake up it takes me a moment to realize it wasn't real.
Nah. Mine used to hit me sometimes. I don't miss her. Fun sex, though.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Nah. Mine used to hit me sometimes. I don't miss her. Fun sex, though.
Oh we got in some rows, she used to throw dishes at me

She was fiery, we had the hot makeup sex, but she was sweet too, so we had a lot of romance as well.

She was more than a barracks room wife, she was my real deal steady girlfriend, I was her first real man,

Her family basically adopted me, I was their daughter's boyfriend, possible future husband

The only time we got it on; in the barracks, was when nobody was around, Christmas leave

I got Christmas duty for getting in a fight with some troops down at a road house called the River Club

So the first time we slept together was in my room on Christmas Day, but we had the whole building to ourselves

The other time was when I was on confinement to barracks and she snuck past the duty Sergeant

Most of the time we were at her house, she would drive me to work in the morning

Then we got an apartment together, that went on for awhile, but eventually she moved home

Then we kind of grew apart, she wanted babies, I didn't, so that kind of ended things.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Man it was romantic, like out of the movies.

One night we were at the River Club, and she jumped on stage, started dancing for me

I was just sitting at the table, watching her, eye to eye

Then this big French Canadian goon, sort of a wannabe biker, was trying to put the moves on her.

She gave him the cold shoulder, so he yanked on her pony tail, then she slapped him,

then he shoved her off the stage

And I was there, caught her in my arms.

Then my roommate, Rob, the Pitbull, he destroyed the French Canadian guy for me

While I took my girl away in a cab, back to her room at home.

Then we just made out and watched a movie together, we weren't sleeping together yet.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:38 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 pm
Haumana wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:18 pm
brewster wrote:

If no one watched the commercials the bills would not get paid and the whole thing would stop. It's not being done for charity, or brainwashing, no matter what you think. There is a thing such as "hate watching", but I get my fill of that here, thank you very much.
So that was a yes? You watch all the commercials and listen through Dan's Audible ads?

"If no one watched the commercials the bills would not get paid and the whole thing would stop."

And? I haven't watched or listened to a commercial that wasn't embedded into the actual program in almost a decade. The whole thing seems no worse for the wear. That's some brainwashing thinking going on right there. "If I don't watch their bullshit then there will be no bullshit to watch." Sucks to be you I guess.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Haumana wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:38 pm
I haven't watched or listened to a commercial that wasn't embedded into the actual program in almost a decade. The whole thing seems no worse for the wear. That's some brainwashing thinking going on right there. "If I don't watch their bullshit then there will be no bullshit to watch." Sucks to be you I guess.
Your grasp of economics seems tenuous. What you do is one thing, what do you think would happen if everyone did? Much as I despise the cable industry and cut the cord long ago, cable subscriptions alone would not fund the TV industry. They're not doing it to be charitable. And back to the news point, when they lost eyeballs to the internet, the industry was devastated. It wasn't a charity either. Just Craigslist was a deathblow to many local papers.

And no, I do not watch cable or broadcast TV, I have Amazon & Netflix. I wouldn't mind commercials so much if they didn't play the exact same one like 12x an hr, like I missed it the 1st 11 times. That's the advertiser getting scammed, "but we played it 12x, isn't that what you paid for?" But the majority of the legacy content on those platforms was originally paid for with advertising and eyeballs.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND