International sports bar

Smitty-48

Re: International sports bar

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:33 am

I see that they have stupid video review just like every other sport which is making me hate sports in general now, to include hockey.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:37 am

Second England try disallowed by video replay for obstruction.
All Blacks have barely been out of their own half.
They are looking scared.
Territory 71%-29% in England's favour.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:43 am

61% possession for England.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:46 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:33 am
I see that they have stupid video review just like every other sport which is making me hate sports in general now, to include hockey.
Video Review should die in a grease fire too. Fuck video review and the horse it rode in on.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:51 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 am
This is like that medieval sport where you have to get the wheel of cheese from one side of the village to the other.
You are confusing cheese rolling where they chase a cheese wheel down a really steep hill in Gloucestershire with the early game of football where teams from opposing villages numbering in the 100s fought (literally) to carry the ball to the opposition's church. The later was banned by Edward I because it was interfering with archery practice.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:54 am

England penalty kick just before half time. England go into the break 10-0 up.
New Zealand have not even threatened the English try line yet.
I'm starting to believe that we can do this.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:51 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
This is like that medieval sport where you have to get the wheel of cheese from one side of the village to the other.
You are confusing cheese rolling where they chase a cheese wheel down a really steep hill in Gloucestershire with the early game of football where teams from opposing villages numbering in the 100s fought (literally) to carry the ball to the opposition's church. The later was banned by Edward I because it was interfering with archery practice.
Ah yes, you are correct, but it's all of a piece, to include rugby.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:01 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:28 am
Honestly, silliest sport ever, who even knows what the rules of this stupid game are.
I will admit that it you have to really follow the game to fully understand the rules.
The basics are easy enough though, you can only pass backwards unless you kick the ball forward and then the receiver has to be behind the kicker at the moment he kicks or when he catches it.
The 2nd try was disallowed because a player passed in front of the ball holder and obstructed a defender. It was the correct call, I saw it before it was called but thought we had got away with it. If the defender hadn't tried to tackle the obstructing player it would have been a legal move and the try would have stood.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:04 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:51 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Ah yes, you are correct, but it's all of a piece, to include rugby.
I've been to that hill when I was catering a nearby unicycling convention. It really is suicidal to try to run down it. Health and safety tried to ban it but failed.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:01 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:28 am
Honestly, silliest sport ever, who even knows what the rules of this stupid game are.
I will admit that it you have to really follow the game to fully understand the rules.
The basics are easy enough though, you can only pass backwards unless you kick the ball forward and then the receiver has to be behind the kicker at the moment he kicks or when he catches it.
The 2nd try was disallowed because a player passed in front of the ball holder and obstructed a defender. It was the correct call, I saw it before it was called but thought we had got away with it. If the defender hadn't tryed to tackle the obstructing player it would have been a legal move and the try would have stood.
See that sucks, I thought that was a cool move the way they blocked that guy.
Nec Aspera Terrent