Hildaghost Clinton
10%

Total votes: 10

Smitty-48

Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:14 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:09 pm
What's more likely? Trump using arabic in a tweet, or Trump misspelling something? Be real.

If the arabic was true, how come Trump never gave that explanation to rub it in the media's faces? Put down the gateway pundit, they are extremely biased, you can't go chirping snopes and then act the gateway pundit is a great source that covers Trump with no bias.

If Cov'fe'fe is arabic, and not just a shitty google translation, that's not what Trump meant in all likelihood, or he would have said as much just as the controversy was reaching it's height, so as to make the media look even dumber.
Covfefe is still awesome tho, I pull it out on my wife sometimes when she's nagging me.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:14 pm
StCapps wrote:
What's more likely? Trump using arabic in a tweet, or Trump misspelling something? Be real.

If the arabic was true, how come Trump never gave that explanation to rub it in the media's faces? Put down the gateway pundit, they are extremely biased, you can't go chirping snopes and then act the gateway pundit is a great source that covers Trump with no bias.

If Cov'fe'fe is arabic, and not just a shitty google translation, that's not what Trump meant in all likelihood, or he would have said as much just as the controversy was reaching it's height, so as to make the media look even dumber.
Covfefe is still awesome tho, I pull it out on my wife sometimes when she's nagging me.
Indeed. I'm just slapping down StA obvious bullshit attempt to portray me as CNN just because I happen to disagree with him. That's one of his go to ad hominem fallacies these days when he's losing an argument badly and has nothing left to say.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:14 pm
If you have no argument attack the source.
Classic ad hom.
Snopes has been caught carrying the water for the DNC... So why not?
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:21 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Classic ad hom.
It all fine to attack snopes for bias, but if you are attacking snopes while championing the gateway pundit, as if they aren't carrying water for the GOP just like snopes carries water for the DNC, then you look like a moron. That's StA for you though.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:21 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Classic ad hom.
It all fine to attack snopes for bias, but if you are attacking snopes while championing the gateway pundit, as if they aren't carrying water for the GOP, you look like a moron. That's StA for you though.
Both are have sites, but what do I know, to StA I'm a retarded Aspie.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:36 am

StCapps wrote:

Wasn't even Gateway Pundit, was some geezer on r/the_donald. Gateway just fell for it like StA because they are so desperate for the salty taste of Donald's jiz. Snopes actually spoke to a language instructor.
That’s a bit of a stretch — and it’s not even correct, Rasha Sharif, a linguist and language instructor at the DC-based International Center for Language Studies said. Sharif, who is fluent in multiple Arabic dialects, told us by email, “No, the word has nothing to do with the Arabic language.”

In fact, Arabic does not use a “V” sound, which already rules out covfefe or cov fe’fe as a word. Sharif says that she does not trust Google Translate, because anyone can edit the translations. “I found many words translated wrong in the Language tools,” she said.

So how do you say “I will stand up” in Arabic? The nearest translation of the phrase is sa aqif or سأقف, Sharif told us.
The Beast spoke to a language expert too.
“This is insane,” Yale University Islam scholar and Arabic speaker Andrew March told The Daily Beast. “Why would they think this?”
You can't slag off Google and then use Google translate to prove your point.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:05 am

Google was caught deleting the word from their services. That none if us could look up what Trump meant was both childishly petty and frightening when you consider the power Google possesses.

They were caught effectively deleting a word from a language and pushing search results to support fake news just to score a cheap (and propagandic) point against the president. What else are they willing to lie about and manipulate?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:05 am
Google was caught deleting the word from their services. That none if us could look up what Trump meant was both childishly petty and frightening when you consider the power Google possesses.

They were caught effectively deleting a word from a language and pushing search results to support fake news just to score a cheap (and propagandic) point against the president. What else are they willing to lie about and manipulate?
How do you delete a word that doesn't exist?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 am

It existed in their records and in their translator when he tweeted. What fake universe are you living in?? They were literally caught deleting it in the Google leaks.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:12 am

Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:59 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 am

It existed in their records and in their translator when he tweeted. What fake universe are you living in?? They were literally caught deleting it in the Google leaks.
It only worked in the translator because the translator was shit. They changed it to stop incorrectly translating it. It is not, nor has it ever been, a real word in any language,
“Yeah if you follow the link to google translate, it first transliterated the English word into an approximate Arabic phrase ‘sof fuqof,’ sof simple being the future tense ‘I will,’ and ‘fa qaaf fa’ meaning stand up,”
“Since cuvfefe has no glottal ‘qaaf’ sound in it, this is merely a mistake of Google Translate’s original transliteration and it doesn't mean what the English phrase says at the bottom.”
You got suckered by right-wing fake news but you refuse to believe it was fake news because it wasn't left-wing fake news.

You can carry on denying it but that's what really happened.