Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Your teenage child is bullied for their political views which mimick your own. You are:

Proud and encourage them
43%
Horrified that they have been exposed to propaganda.
57%

Total votes: 7

clubgop

Re: Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Post by clubgop » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:29 pm

Going back to the OP. Tone and behavior go a long way. The right using teenagers to the extent that they do, is not to be lecturing scolds. If I had a teenager that spoke to adults like that they would receive physical corrections even if and especially I agreed with it. That shit would not fly. A smartass? Fine. Confrontational and argumentative? Sure. But that aire of superiority lecturing scold from a fucking teenager requires a strong pimp hand.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:20 pm

clubgop wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:29 pm
Going back to the OP. Tone and behavior go a long way. The right using teenagers to the extent that they do, is not to be lecturing scolds. If I had a teenager that spoke to adults like that they would receive physical corrections even if and especially I agreed with it. That shit would not fly. A smartass? Fine. Confrontational and argumentative? Sure. But that aire of superiority lecturing scold from a fucking teenager requires a strong pimp hand.
I don't cotton argumentative nor smartass neither. Children should be seen but not heard.

If my brother's gave me lip when they were teenagers, I put them in a stress position, enhanced interrogation.

The fact that you can't put a whuppin on a smart ass teenager; add that to the reasons I didn't have kids

My father was a great dad, I loved him, I miss him, but he never put up with any lip from me when I was a teen, he'd put me on my ass, whap.

Heck, that's how I got kicked out of the house, I lipped him off, he was having none of it, we came to blows, then my stepmother said I had to go, cause she had a newborn baby in the house.

Once you are big and bad enough to fight your father, that's when it's time to be off to the military with you.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:20 pm
clubgop wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:29 pm
I don't cotton argumentative nor smartass neither. Children should be seen but not heard.

If my brother's gave me lip when they were teenagers, I put them in a stress position, enhanced interrogation.

The fact that you can't put a whuppin on a smart ass teenager; add that to the reasons I didn't have kids

My father was a great dad, I loved him, I miss him, but he never put up with any lip from me when I was a teen, he'd put me on my ass, whap.

Heck, that's how I got kicked out of the house, I lipped him off, he was having none of it, we came to blows, then my stepmother said I had to go, cause she had a newborn baby in the house.

Once you are big and bad enough to fight your father, that's when it's time to be off to the military with you.
Towards the parents that's different but if you want to prepare kids for the political hurly burly they got to learn to hit back.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:59 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:05 pm
Towards the parents that's different but if you want to prepare kids for the political hurly burly they got to learn to hit back.
Oh, well for training purposes, my pappy certainly taught me how to fight

He just wouldn't cotton me biting the hand that fed me.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:39 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:11 am
Actually, I think it is Greta's parents who have been influenced by her political opinions.
She encouraged them to take measures to reduce their carbon footprint, which included no longer flying, which negatively affected her mother's career as an opera singer.
Her father was against her skipping school to protest at the Swedish Parliament but acknowledged that he would rather have a happy daughter outside Parliament than a depressed child at home still not attending school.
She encouraged her family to stop eating meat not the other way around.

As we've seen here, most of the attacks on her have been of a personal nature rather than addressing her message which is to ''unite behind the science'' and ''act as if your house is on fire, because it is''.

Her blunt way of speaking is probably a result of her Aspergers which she regards as a superpower, not a disability.

She has helped bring the message to the fore amongst huge numbers of her own generation and shamed older generations for their inactivity and failure to address the climate crisis.

Any parent would be proud of what she has achieved at such a young age.
How many other famous 16-year-olds could you name?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 am

An autistic child is not smarter than me. Fuck her!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:15 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 am
An autistic child is not smarter than me. Fuck her!
It's not really about that.
Why do people feel so threatened by her?
All she really is is a symbol of anger for a generation who feel they've been let down.
Wait till they find out how much debt we're in and how much houses cost.

Can't say I blame them though. They've inherited a pretty shitty planet compared the one we got.
They'll never see the huge murmurings of starlings I saw as a kid. Some of them will never see a hedgehog. Almost none of them will ever see a red squirrel in England.
Even house sparrows are getting rare in a lot of places.
It's a shame.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:34 am

Give me a platform at the U.N. I’m the world’s only-ever simultaneously licensed doctor, lawyer, account & engineer; been to 100+ countries, have a bidaily podcast, written a dozen books, and run this forum. I’ve done more this week than that child has done in her whole life. Fuck anyone who thinks her opinion takes precedence over mine. Fuck you.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 am

I'd say that, if it wasn't already apparent, the UN is fucking DOA.

And Swedes should be mortified. That was truly an embarrassing spectacle. This child's crusade game is truly a low point I thought our civilization would never return to.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 am

how dare u