C-Mag

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:48 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:31 pm
The only Democrat running showing leadership. She's not afraid of Trump

There's a lot about Tulsi I don't like. But she does know how to be a leader.
How is losing to a bunch of chump candidates good leadership? Just win baby.
I get it. Being the one voice saying,
'You guys are fucked up. You don't think you can beat Trump straight up so you're all down with impeachment. Fuck Impeachment, put me on the ticket and I'll just beat him.'

That's leadership, not shying away from a fight or playing fuck, fuck games, saying lets get it on.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:48 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:31 pm
The only Democrat running showing leadership. She's not afraid of Trump

There's a lot about Tulsi I don't like. But she does know how to be a leader.
How is losing to a bunch of chump candidates good leadership? Just win baby.
I get it. Being the one voice saying,
'You guys are fucked up. You don't think you can beat Trump straight up so you're all down with impeachment. Fuck Impeachment, put me on the ticket and I'll just beat him.'

That's leadership, not shying away from a fight or playing fuck, fuck games, saying lets get it on.
Losing is poor leadership, the Democrats need the kind of leadership that can actually lead to a win, not a pie in the sky fantasy of who political misfits think is the best Dem candidate.

6-3 SCOTUS is on the line, voting for a candidate who can't win does them no good in the face of that. The Dems could not have picked a worse time to have no one on the bench capable of winning a Presidential election, they'll be feeling the after effects for decades to come and they aren't going to like it.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:55 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Losing is poor leadership, the Democrats need the kind of leadership that can actually lead to a win, not a pie in the sky fantasy of who political misfits think is the best Dem candidate.

6-3 SCOTUS is on the line, voting for a candidate who can't win does them no good. The Dems could not have picked a worse time to have no one on the bench capable of winning a Presidential election.
I don't disagree with that.

Who's going to beat Trump on the Dem side ?
Who has a better chance than Tulsi ?
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:55 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 pm

6-3 SCOTUS is on the line, voting for a candidate who can't win does them no good. The Dems could not have picked a worse time to have no one on the bench capable of winning a Presidential election.
I don't disagree with that.

Who's going to beat Trump on the Dem side ?
Who has a better chance than Tulsi ?
No one on the Dem side can beat Trump.

Biden and Warren have a better chance than Tulsi, but none of them will win. Tulsi's best strength is neutralized against Trump, because Trump has actually delivered on the foreign policy tip, and she is very one dimensional while that one dimension is neutralized, that's an ass kicking waiting to happen.

If Tulsi can't beat Warren or Biden, she sure as shit can't beat Trump. She has less of a chance against Trump than Ron Paul would have had against Obama. Not great, Bob.

Also, if Tulsi won the nomination and lost to Trump, that would discredit her platform to Democrats, which means they won't go down that road in the future, which means longer in the wilderness for Democrats, better for them to go as far left as possible and discredit that strategy instead, so they are more likely to have a chance in 2024.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:03 pm

I don't think Tulsi can win the Dem nomination. I do think she would give Trump a lot of trouble, and she's the best Dem candidate to go against Trump.

I don't want Tulsi to win, I just want her in the race to keep collecting Dem scalps.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:07 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:03 pm
I don't think Tulsi can win the Dem nomination. I do think she would give Trump a lot of trouble, and she's the best Dem candidate to go against Trump.

I don't want Tulsi to win, I just want her in the race to keep collecting Dem scalps.
I think Trump would crush her, and many Democrats would stay home rather than vote for her. It would discredit a more sane platform and cause them double down on far left derp, it would be a bad move for Democrats to do that going forward beyond 2020, they would learn all the wrong lessons from the loss, just as they did with Clinton. It would keep them in the wilderness even longer than they otherwise would have been there.

Throwing a good candidate up against Trump when they can't win anyway, is a bad idea. That would just prevent them from being the nominee when Trump is out of the way, and they have a damn thin bench as it is. If I were Tulsi, I wouldn't even be trying to win, this is all about setting yourself up for a future POTUS and/or Senate run.

Dems should just Go Full McGovern and tank in 2020, that's the best chance they have at reforming themselves before they lose too many more presidential elections.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:15 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Throwing a good candidate up against Trump when they can't win anyway, is a bad idea. That would just prevent them from being the nominee when Trump is out of the way, and they have a damn thin bench as it is. If I were Tulsi, I wouldn't even be trying to win, this is all about setting yourself up for a future POTUS and/or Senate run.

Dems should just Go Full McGovern and tank in 2020, that's the best chance they have at reforming themselves before they lose too many more presidential elections.
I'll agree to that. Tulsi isn't ready.
She has potential, but she's not prepared to answer the wide range of questions presented to a POTUS. She's pretty much banking on ending endless wars, it's kind of her only answer.

What she has done though is shown she's ruthless and fearless. Kamala was a chosen one, Tulsi didn't care, she took her out. I appreciate that.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:15 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:07 pm

I'll agree to that. Tulsi isn't ready.
She has potential, but she's not prepared to answer the wide range of questions presented to a POTUS. She's pretty much banking on ending endless wars, it's kind of her only answer.

What she has done though is shown she's ruthless and fearless. Kamala was a chosen one, Tulsi didn't care, she took her out. I appreciate that.
She has potential, but she needs to round out her game, and wait for a more opportune moment to make the real run at the nomination when she won't be facing an incumbent buzzsaw if she does manage to win.

Not sure she'll ever get there, given that this is the weakest Dem field in a while and she still can't take advantage, but the way she took down Kamala was impressive, even if it would have happened anyway.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:33 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Not sure she'll ever get there, given that this is the weakest Dem field in a while and she still can't take advantage, but the way she took down Kamala was impressive, even if it would have happened anyway.
She was out a debate, and came back. Few do that. Regardless, she's fun to watch. She gets few chances, but she really makes about 50% of those chances worthwhile.

So, Biden and Ukraine.
What happens here ?

Many think this Ukraine thing is a twofer. Damage Trump, kill Biden.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:33 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 pm

She was out a debate, and came back. Few do that. Regardless, she's fun to watch. She gets few chances, but she really makes about 50% of those chances worthwhile.

So, Biden and Ukraine.
What happens here ?

Many think this Ukraine thing is a twofer. Damage Trump, kill Biden.
4D Chess. Trump baited them into focusing on a subject that hurts Biden, because they naively thought that this time Trump was done, and they thought it would actually take the focus off Biden at the same time. The Dems thought it was two birds with one stone for them, so they fell over themselves to fall right into Trump's two birds with one stone trap.

The Dems are not trying to throw Biden under the bus, they are hedging their bets with Warren is all. Trump's genius here was getting them to throw Biden under the bus without realizing it, while embracing impeachment on yet another nothing burger, because they wouldn't have done either on purpose.
*yip*