Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Your teenage child is bullied for their political views which mimick your own. You are:

Proud and encourage them
43%
Horrified that they have been exposed to propaganda.
57%

Total votes: 7

Speaker to Animals

Re: Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:56 am

I think it was the mother that radicalized the girl into the terrorist group.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:18 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:25 am

Hey Martin, here's the main man S. Adams laying it down for the children:

A Message for Children About Climate Change

Dear Children,

I’m sorry adults have frightened you about climate change and how it might affect your future. You might be less afraid if you knew some facts that adults intentionally do not explain to you. I’ll tell you here.

. . .

Adults sometimes like to use children to carry their messages because it makes it hard for the other side to criticize them without seeming like monsters. If adults have encouraged you to panic about climate change without telling you what I am telling you here, they do not have your best interests at heart. They are using you.

When you ask adults about nuclear energy, expect them to have old understanding about it, meaning they don’t know the newer nuclear energy technologies are the safest energy on the planet.

What I told you today is not always understood even by adults. You are now smarter than most adults on the topic of climate.

My generation has a lot of faith in your generation. You will be the most educated and effective humans of all time. My generation (and a few generations younger than me) already has the fixes to address climate risks coming online. Your generation will finish the job.

We adults respect your passion and your energy on the topic of climate. But it isn’t fair for us to deny you the basic facts while at the same time scaring you into action. I hope this letter helps you sleep better. We adults have this problem under control, or will soon, and you’ll help us finish the job. So get some good sleep tonight. Together, we got this.

Scott Adams

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:33 am

We adults have this problem under control
:lol: :lol: :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:01 am

BjornP wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:14 am
I bet none of you right wingers would scold your kids for not becoming tranny progressives simply to prove that they are politically independent and weren't "propagandized" by you, right?
We don't have kids, and the reason is; we refuse to be ruled by them. Not just me, my wife too,

My leftist parents tried to make me into a leftist, but it backfired, I spit out the bit and bucked the rider.

I haven't been paying that much attention to this Swedish kid, seems like liberal media pap.

When I watched a video of her speaking tho, she seems to be semi-retarded, so that's prolly why she's an idiot.
Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:33 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:49 am
The people that attacked the MAGA hat kid are now defending Greta. People attacking Greta probably defended the MAGA kid.

The "It's OK when we do it" attitude is pretty universal.
And IIRC, you were defending the MAGA hat kid then (presumebly because you found it unfair?), and now you're attacking Greta. So would you say that the "it's ok when we do it/not when they do it" attitude extends to yourself?

For myself, I got no problem accepting that rules even like "thou shalt not kill" neither extends, nor was ever meant to extend, universally to all of humanity. Within one's *own* group, however, I think there should be the same rules.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 am

I have some conflicting feelings on this.

My initial instincts are that parents job is to provide for basic needs, protect and build their kids into being productive adults. Any parents that put their kids out there like this are fucking up.

However, historically humans at the age of 16 were pretty much adults. As I'm against how our society keeps pushing back the age of responsibility of young adults, I'm fine with whatever.

I view Greta like a Jon Benet Ramsey, put out there by parents and handlers to gain fame and fortune by using their kids.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 am

BjornP wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:33 am
Hastur wrote:
The people that attacked the MAGA hat kid are now defending Greta. People attacking Greta probably defended the MAGA kid.

And IIRC, you were defending the MAGA hat kid then (presumebly because you found it unfair?), and now you're attacking Greta. So would you say that the "it's ok when we do it/not when they do it" attitude extends to yourself?

For myself, I got no problem accepting that rules even like "thou shalt not kill" neither extends, nor was ever meant to extend, universally to all of humanity. Within one's *own* group, however, I think there should be the same rules.
I'm not attacking Greta. I'm making fun of the surrounding cult. Not the same thing. I think she is the victim of severe child abuse. It's not her fault.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 am

Hastur wrote:

Not even comparable.
The MAGA hat kid was just standing there, a bunch of adults came at him. He stood his ground like a Beefeater.

Greta is the one getting in everyones face.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:41 am

It's pretty clear that there are political operatives who think using children to present their messages on how we should shape our future...……………………. it's for the children.
PLATA O PLOMO