2020 election

Speaker to Animals

Re: 2020 election

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Dude, you do not have to fabricate fake science to argue for pollution controls. Grok?

All you really have to prove is that the chemical composition of our planet's atmosphere is changing due to human pollution.

That is it. Full stop. That is not okay. Polluters need to prove changing the composition of the atmosphere is with minimal risk, which is practically impossible

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:18 pm

man i'm a believer, it's hot as fuck in southern california, 100+ degree temperatures this entire month of august. when i was a kid it was hot outside but 100 degree days were a special occasion, something's happening as far as i can tell. i don't know the degree to which humanity is responsible and i'm happy to address pollution and research more efficient energy sources anyway but democrats are such fucking retards at handling this issue that i'm forced to hate them and roll my eyes at their 11 year climate disaster nonsense

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:24 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:18 pm
man i'm a believer, it's hot as fuck in southern california, 100+ degree temperatures this entire month of august. when i was a kid it was hot outside but 100 degree days were a special occasion, something's happening as far as i can tell. i don't know the degree to which humanity is responsible and i'm happy to address pollution and research more efficient energy sources anyway but democrats are such fucking retards at handling this issue that i'm forced to hate them and roll my eyes at their 11 year climate disaster nonsense
This year we've had a very cool summer...……… turns out the weather changes.

How you spending your next 11 years left on the planet before our mutual doom ?
I should start making plans.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Yeah, either these mango IPAs are turning me gay, or I think something is tots fucked up here. I do not believe the asshats in academia are going to figure out what's what, but we already see weird shit going on in nature, including species migrating and so forth.

We do not know the cause, however. We really do not know wtf because science is compromised.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:38 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
The message is that we have a short amount of time left to act not that the disaster will strike then.
Luckily it has cross-party support in most places outside the US.
It's only a partisan issue there.
Even BoJo is on board and he's further right than everyone since Thatcher.
Don't let the fact that your democrats are retards make you complacent.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:44 pm

The time to argue whether or not climate change is happening is long gone.
The discussion needs to move on to what is the best thing to do about it.
I mean, you wouldn't bother wasting your time arguing with someone who thinks the moon landing was faked, would you?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:38 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
The message is that we have a short amount of time left to act not that the disaster will strike then.
if by complacent you mean stop driving a car and give up meat then no sorry, can't

i'm happy to bring my own grocery bags and pay a few pennies for a straw if need to contribute, i'll just grab a bunch of free plastic spoons and forks on my way out though

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:54 pm

The global elites don't believe in this shit enough to change their lifestyle, which is far more consumptive than mine...………..

So why should I change my lifestyle ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:46 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:38 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
if by complacent you mean stop driving a car and give up meat then no sorry, can't

i'm happy to bring my own grocery bags and pay a few pennies for a straw if need to contribute, i'll just grab a bunch of free plastic spoons and forks on my way out though
You don't have to stop driving your car. Just think about whether your journey is really necessary. Consider a car with better MPH next time you buy one. Buy an electric car if you can afford it.
Put more clothes on rather than turn the heating up if it's cold.
Cut down on your intensively farmed meat, eat meat raised on pastures such as lamb rather than chicken or pork reared in sheds and fed soya.
If people take small steps now then draconian measures won't be so necessary down the road.
Ignoring the problem won't make it go away.
Just take responsibility for your actions.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 pm
Just think about whether your journey is really necessary.
the journey is the destination maan