THE ERA OF TRUMP

BjornP

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by BjornP » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 am

Well, if Trudeau wants to sell you along with 55,999 other Canadians to France or Saudi Arabia and the land you're living on, I'm counting on you to not really care or think there's anything wrong with that.

I love this place:

"Welfare states are Communists who let government make all the decisions for them!"

A day later...

"Why of course our government can sell US states and the people who live there. A US state is just real estate and its people are just government merchandise."

Commies. Commies everywhere..
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:54 am

What do you think Greenlanders think about the idea?

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:54 am
What do you think Greenlanders think about the idea?
The ones who've been interviewed on the streets of Nuuk have ranged between the offer as Trump being extremely patronizing and arrogant, but most seem to just shake their heads of how ignorant Trump is. Greenland's official position is that they are "open for business, not for sale".

Quite frankly, you don’t need to own Greenland to get a hold of the natural ressources there or maintain a military presence. Greenland's not gonna say no to US companies because of this. People are aware that dealing with China tends to destroy local businesses rather than build them up.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 am

It's not that I disagree with the notion that it is lunacy to simply sell an entire territory of people to another country without their consent..

What I find interesting here is that the opposite position is rejected by many of the same globalist elites. If instead Trump had suggested Greenland hold a vote on whether to join the United States, I am sure the same PM would scoff at the idea that people can just vote themselves out of the government.

Indeed, I might if I were so incined to search for it find evidence of this same woman rejecting the notion that ethnic Russians in Crimea could do exactly that.

So it does not seem absurd to me that Trump would assume he can make an offer to buy territories when globalists treat subject nations like property as is.

If the Greenlanders themselves voted to join the US, and our governments worked out acceptable compensation to make the transition, then I think it would be difficult to argue against this.

My understanding is that your PM is really not so shitty as many leaders, and I feel bad she got the "nasty woman" treatment. Sorry about that.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:39 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 am
It's not that I disagree with the notion that it is lunacy to simply sell an entire territory of people to another country without their consent..

What I find interesting here is that the opposite position is rejected by many of the same globalist elites. If instead Trump had suggested Greenland hold a vote on whether to join the United States, I am sure the same PM would scoff at the idea that people can just vote themselves out of the government.

Indeed, I might if I were so incined to search for it find evidence of this same woman rejecting the notion that ethnic Russians in Crimea could do exactly that.

So it does not seem absurd to me that Trump would assume he can make an offer to buy territories when globalists treat subject nations like property as is.

If the Greenlanders themselves voted to join the US, and our governments worked out acceptable compensation to make the transition, then I think it would be difficult to argue against this.

My understanding is that your PM is really not so shitty as many leaders, and I feel bad she got the "nasty woman" treatment. Sorry about that.
Greenland can declare independence right now and the government of Denmark would be obliged to accept it. That’s part of the deal Greenland and Denmark has with each other. There is an implied right to secede at any point they like without any sort of sanction from Denmark.

So, yeah the parliament of Greenland could simply call for a vote right now on joining the US.

Had Trump said he'd like to discuss with the Greenland premier a vote on joining the US, he'd earned alot of respect from the Greenlanders. But because he wanted to ask Denmark if he could buy their country, he instead lost what little he had.

And thanks.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:26 am

Trump is waging Twitter war with the Federal Reserve....

I wonder how this will play out?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:36 am

Trump supporters chanting END THE FED at his rallies???

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:32 pm
DrYouth wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:25 am
Will the King of Israel expand his kingdom to include Greenland?

The Era of Trump just keeps getting weirder.
Hey Danes, how about a straight up 1:1 trade Greenland for Puerto Rico? You Danes can supply enough weed to come out ahead on our new Greenlander Pissed bill, no?
another name of baby kangaroo

Now we talk about how a land of nothing but ice is worth more than a land of starving lazy spics. True art of the deal.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pm
Fife wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:25 am
Will the King of Israel expand his kingdom to include Greenland?

The Era of Trump just keeps getting weirder.
Hey Danes, how about a straight up 1:1 trade Greenland for Puerto Rico? You Danes can supply enough weed to come out ahead on our new Greenlander Pissed bill, no?

Now we talk about how a land of nothing but ice is worth more than a land of starving lazy spics. True art of the deal.
Hey, I like that. The Danes will love Puerto Rico. Finally, somewhere warm to vacay.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pm
Fife wrote:

Hey, I like that. The Danes will love Puerto Rico. Finally, somewhere warm to vacay.
My first thought as well. And they would have a better island to send 'Unwanted' Migrants to.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck