Rolling Stones

Martin Hash

Rolling Stones

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Ticket c.jpg

When I was a kid, The Beatles were the good guys, and the Stones were definitely the bad guys: at His Satanic Majesty’s Request, Sympathy for the Devil, the Hells’ Angels murdering that dude in the crowd at the Altamonte concert. The Rolling Stones were scary but alluring. By High School, they were my favorite band. Then I got married, had a family, and lost track. I framed some of their albums and hung them in my office, that was the extent of my mature fandom.

About a decade ago, The Rolling Stones came through town. Not only were the tickets muy expensive, but you had to stand in line just to get in the lottery to even get a chance to buy them.
“I’m not going through all that, even for The Stones,” I decided, and I'd regretted that choice ever since, and resolved to go, no matter the cost, if they ever toured our way again, which seemed unlikely considering they were all over 70.

Mick Jagger.JPG

However, when I heard Mick Jagger fathered a child at 75, hope was rekindled, and when the tickets went online, I didn’t hesitate but bought 3 for me, my wife, Gwynne, and son, Heath. We looked forward to the concert for months, and were devastated when it was “postponed” so Mick could get a heart-valve replacement.
“Yeah, sure, he’s coming back to do a grueling tour after that,” I thought, sarcastically.
Boy was I surprised when, indeed, he did come back, so off to Seattle we went.

The Stones were playing in the Seahawks stadium, and it was crowded with folks our age, all buying Lips & Tongue t-shirts. I wanted a jacket but no tumbling dice. They played all my favorites; we drove home sated, even though the acoustics in a football stadium are more for "Who Let The Dogs Out" than "Paint it Black." There’s no way The Stones will tour again; we got lucky.

Lips T-shirts.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Re: Rolling Stones

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Hot Tub Time Machine FTW.

I wish I could have been there with you Martin.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:19 pm

what a drag it is getting old

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:32 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:19 pm
what a drag it is getting old
And did you see me jump your garden wall
And if you ever catch the Midnight Rambler