Re: Net Neutrality

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:52 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 am

Dig deeper, a link from the article you posted.

Do research before opening you're yap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LocationSmart
OMFG you are stupid. Keep reading it.

LocationSmart got it's data from the big four carriers. They sold the data to LocationSmart.
I posted the link to the wikipedia site for a reason...
LocationSmart provides near real-time location data for devices including smartphones, feature phones, tablets, M2M, IoT and other connected devices on Tier 1 and Tier 2 wireless networks in the U.S. and Canada. This includes AT&T,[3] Verizon Wireless,[4] T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation,[5] MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Rogers Communications, Bell Canada and Telus.[6]
Which means that a third party was at fault... seriously dude, the Chinese are demanding you stop digging...
OMFG

The wireless carriers sold to LocationSmart WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT your location data. Nobody is disputing that the alleged "security breach" (it wasn't since it was intended to be trivial to spoof the system so they got their money from whomever paid) happened at a third party.

What the deregulation you defend allowed was the selling of that data in the first place.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:55 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 am

OMFG you are stupid. Keep reading it.

LocationSmart got it's data from the big four carriers. They sold the data to LocationSmart.
LocationSmart provides near real-time location data for devices including smartphones, feature phones, tablets, M2M, IoT and other connected devices on Tier 1 and Tier 2 wireless networks in the U.S. and Canada. This includes AT&T,[3] Verizon Wireless,[4] T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation,[5] MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Rogers Communications, Bell Canada and Telus.[6]
Which means that a third party was at fault... seriously dude, the Chinese are demanding you stop digging...
OMFG

The wireless carriers sold to LocationSmart WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT your location data. Nobody is disputing that the alleged "security breach" (it wasn't since it was intended to be trivial to spoof the system so they got their money from whomever paid) happened at a third party.

What the deregulation you defend allowed was the selling of that data in the first place.
Go back to working on airplanes, you don't understand how things like this work.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:55 am
The Conservative wrote:

OMFG

Go back to working on airplanes, you don't understand how things like this work.
I built wireless networks you fucking moron.

I am an embedded software engineer who worked for a decade in the wireless industry. LOL

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:10 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 am
The Conservative wrote:

OMFG

I am an embedded software engineer who worked for a decade in the wireless industry. LOL
Then you will know that the data wasn't sold to the company. The company was using to give companies like AT&T and others the ability of LaaS. This means the data went through LocationSmart first then to AT&T and the like.

The fault wasn't with AT&T and the others, it was with (and again I state) A third party provider.

We keep going around in circles, I am the Autistic person here, you are just acting straight out dumb. If you can't comprehend a basic system like this, then I feel sorry for those who are working on the networks you developed.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:10 am
The Conservative wrote:

Then you will know that the data wasn't sold to the company. The company was using to give companies like AT&T and others the ability of LaaS. This means the data went through LocationSmart first then to AT&T and the like.

The fault wasn't with AT&T and the others, it was with (and again I state) A third party provider.

We keep going around in circles, I am the Autistic person here, you are just acting straight out dumb. If you can't comprehend a basic system like this, then I feel sorry for those who are working on the networks you developed.
You have no idea what you are talking about. For LocationSmart to get location data, the mobile device id and general location (which we have to store since the E911 legislation went into effect) goes from an access gateway box to a data access point. LocationSmart logs into the data access point with an account they pay the wireless network to have, and pulls the real time location data of all the subscribers.

Your real time location data was a product that the wireless carriers packaged and sold to LocationSmart because the republican party repealed the consumer protection law that made this illegal.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 am
The Conservative wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about. For LocationSmart to get location data, the mobile device id and general location (which we have to store since the E911 legislation went into effect) goes from an access gateway box to a data access point. LocationSmart logs into the data access point with an account they pay the wireless network to have, and pulls the real time location data of all the subscribers.

Your real time location data was a product that the wireless carriers packaged and sold to LocationSmart because the republican party repealed the consumer protection law that made this illegal.
Again, no proof.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:18 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 am
The Conservative wrote:

Again, no proof.
Proof of what? Dude, the wireless carriers admitted to it. LOL

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:35 am

It’s leguhl
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 am

muh laws

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:14 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:18 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 am

Again, no proof.
Proof of what? Dude, the wireless carriers admitted to it. LOL
Again, LocationSmart gave the companies the ability of real time tracking... I don't think you really know what you are talking about...
#NotOneRedCent