Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

Montegriffo

Re: Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:12 am

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:24 pm

The UK has been fucking with my POTUS and Fucking around in our elections :x
Secret texts cast light on UK's early role in Trump-Russia Coup Attempt

The British Guardian posted a report on April 13 claiming that its sources now admit that the British spy agency GCHQ was digitally wiretapping Trump associates, going back to late 2015. This was presumably December 2015
https://www.aim.org/special-report/brit ... g-scandal/

Trumps now been under survelleince and investigation for over 3 and a half years. What is it you think you are going to get at this point ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:29 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:24 pm

The British Guardian posted a report on April 13 claiming that its sources now admit that the British spy agency GCHQ was digitally wiretapping Trump associates, going back to late 2015. This was presumably December 2015

Trumps now been under survelleince and investigation for over 3 and a half years. What is it you think you are going to get at this point ?
Obviously we need to implement firm and harsh sanctions against the UK for their meddling in the 2016 US election.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Trump has shot his mouth off on Brexit and who he thought should replace PM May.
He's even launched into Twitter rages over the London Mayor.
Probably not a lot of mileage in bitching about the UK interfering in US politics unless you call Trump out for the same thing.
If you think the US doesn't wiretap UK political leaders and dodgy businessmen with links to Russia you're not paying attention.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:41 pm

The entire special counsel was about foreign interference in US elections. And the GCHQ was spying on Candidate Trump back to December of 2015.

However, I don't really think the Brits initiated it, I believe the Brits were duped by the Obama admin to spy on his parties political opponent and used the GCHQ to insulate our intel agencies.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:46 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:37 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Trump has shot his mouth off on Brexit and who he thought should replace PM May.
Probably not a lot of mileage in bitching about the UK interfering in US politics unless you call Trump out for the same thing.
If you think the US doesn't wiretap UK political leaders and dodgy businessmen with links to Russia you're not paying attention.
Yes, but he did it publicly.
I'm not concerned if either Boris or Vlad come out publicly on Twitter or news interviews saying they support Trump or any other candidate. I'm not concerned if they make vile comments about the Mayor of a US city. You call it "election meddling", I call it politics as usual.

Where are the tweets from GCHQ in 2015/2016 saying "we're against Trump and pro Hillary, so we are actively wiretapping Trump and his associates"? Oh, that's right, it was done in secret... Well, that seems entirely different than Trump's tweets and comments, doesn't it?

The question is not whether the US, UK, Russia, or any other country spies... Shit, I'm sure everyone is spying on everyone all the time. It's what they DO with that information that matters.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Right, because Trump shouting his mouth off in public means he can't possibly be doing any shit in secret.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:28 pm

Let's define terms here. I tap Monte's internet and discover he's secretly ordering sexy lingerie mail order from Russia. Maybe it's for his GF/wife? So I secretly plant cameras in his house (or tap into the camera on his new TV or laptop/phone) and discover he likes to dress up in said lingerie.

Spying? Yes. But if I just keep that info in some file somewhere it doesn't have any real effect.

Monte runs for public office, I leak said information. Election meddling for sure.

I don't leak it and Monte wins. I then use that information to coerce him into things because he doesn't want it revealed. Election meddling - no. Blackmail/subversion - yes. Or I leak it to sabotage his standing, maybe even claim "ties to Russia", election meddling - no, political sabotage yes.

The question is not who spies on whom, I'm sure they all do, but rather what is done with that info.

Did GCHQ spy on Trump? Seems likely. Who did what with that info determines election meddling or not.

Trump, or Boris, or Vlad, or any other person "shooting their mouth off in public" means nothing. It doesn't determine whether anything is or isn't being done in secret. There is no connection unless what they are shooting off about is something secret. Me having the info about Monte's dressing habits has *zero* meaning in relation to me publicly tweeting or shouting "Monte is a lousy Mayor, crime in his city is out of control!"

To draw some correlation between the two is ludicrous.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:37 pm
C-Mag wrote:

All I get from this is you pissing and moaning about Trump saying bad things about your failed PM.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:10 am

So, if US intelligence heard rumours that Putin had a tape of Russian prostitutes pissing on Boris and was using it to blackmail him (can we still say blackmail?) would investigating Boris be part of some coup attempt or would it be the sort of situation we have an IC for in the first place?