Pockets

Martin Hash

Pockets

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Damn, I love pockets; and I don’t mean the fashionable kind that don’t hold anything. My feeling is that an empty pocket is a wasted opportunity. I’ve been infatuated by pockets since I was a kid. In fact, I still have the things I carried in my pocket when I was 8: a little leather pouch my grandfather gave me (with my baby teeth in it), the hand from a Frankenstein model I'd built (I painting the veins myself), a pocket knife (kids used to carry those to school), a lucky tiger foot (I'd tell the other kids It wasn't real), among other things, often a steely or cat's eye marble.

Pocket Stuff.jpg

Things really got pockety when fishing shirts and zip-off leg pants came around. I never used to go into sporting goods stores until I started shopping for pocketed shirts at them. I have very specific requires for my time and age: first, there has to be a left-hand vertical-zipper chest pocket for my iPhone, with another on top of it to hold my earbuds. It is also essential that on the right-hand there be an easy access Velcro chest pocket for my glasses. And my pants have similarly strict requirements. It may seem odd but I don’t care if there are rear pockets because I don’t like sitting on a lump; all pockets must be on the front, at least 4 of them, and one that zips, the others Velcro. Zipped is where my passport & Boarding Pass go. My data cable & power-pack, breath mints & aspirin, and the day’s accumulations, like CC receipts, brochures & business cards fill the other pockets. It’s always nice to have room for some of my wife’s stuff so a couple more pockets don’t hurt.

Pockets.jpg

I feel people with fewer pockets have a disadvantage in life, and I credit abundant pocketry as the secret of my success, and I plan to purchase a lot more pockets in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: Pockets

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm

I feel people with fewer pockets have a disadvantage in life, and I credit abundant pocketry as the secret of my success, and I plan to purchase a lot more pockets in the future.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Pocket Pool is about the only sport the over-60 boys have left. Ease up.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Fife wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm
Pocket Pool is about the only sport the over-60 boys have left. Ease up.
Hey, I've been waiting 13 years between DCF and MHF to use that pocket joke, you ease up.
Not like pockets is a thread topic once a decade.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:27 pm