C-Mag

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:56 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:36 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So you have no response... good to show your hand.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/bl ... -oil-spill

A full month and the BP oil spill was not contained.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... er-horizon

We can go through this all you want, but at the same time Obama was doing nothing to relieve the pressure of the cost of gas at the pump, and pushed hard for green energy during this time, and in turn several of the companies he attempted to get funding for went under a few years out because the tech was too expensive to produce and make profitable without government handouts.

SO, the question comes into play, what changed?

My guess, nothing. Because the true cost of the tech hasn't been figured out, all positive numbers aren't because the true cost of green energy is expensive, from the start, and each time it has to be updated or replaced.
You obviously didn't get the memo...……….. the Obama Admin was scandal free. :|

Yeah, this was an early indication that BHO could do WTF he wanted and the press would cover for him. He put a media blackout on reporting, and a no fly zone over the gulf so the extent of the pollution couldn't be seen.

Like every Commie leader, environmental damage and cover it up.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 am

BP would be interested to know it was all Obama's fault.
They've paid $65 billion in compensation and clean up costs and it was their kit which failed at the seabed.
If it was all Bazzer's fault they might be able to claim some of it back.
:lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:54 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 am
They've paid $65 billion in compensation and clean up costs and it was their kit which failed at the seabed.
BP should be listening to you...…. the Gulf Spill was caused by Global Warming.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:57 am

A great example of self-regulation resulting in environmental damage.
FIFE will be along in a minute to explain why govt regs don't work though.

Obama was to blame in a way he should have regulated the fuck out of drilling oil in the Gulf as soon as he took office, not after the worst spill in history.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:54 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Not sure where you are going with that absurdity Carlus.
The spill was caused by negligence and poor reg's.
If you add that $65 billion to the cost of generating electricity from fossil fuels the renewable alternatives look a lot more economically viable and better for the environment.
That's my train of thought, yours is off the tracks.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:57 am
A great example of self-regulation resulting in environmental damage.
FIFE will be along in a minute to explain why govt regs don't work though.

Obama was to blame in a way he should have regulated the fuck out of drilling oil in the Gulf as soon as he took office, not after the worst spill in history.
Wow, I never saw that coming /s
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Of course, Bush should never have sold himself off to big oil in exchange for de-regulating them in the first place.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm

“In case you were wondering who’s responsible,” Obama told the nation, “I take responsibility.” Sounding chastened, he acknowledged that his administration had failed to adequately reform the Minerals Management Service, the scandal-ridden federal agency that for years had essentially allowed the oil industry to self-regulate. “There wasn’t sufficient urgency,” the president said. “Absolutely I take responsibility for that.” He also admitted that he had been too credulous of the oil giants: “I was wrong in my belief that the oil companies had their act together when it came to worst-case scenarios.” He unveiled a presidential commission to investigate the disaster, discussed the resignation of the head of MMS, and extended a moratorium on new deepwater drilling. “The buck,” he reiterated the next day on the sullied Louisiana coastline, “stops with me.”
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... nt-193093/

Can anyone imagine Trump accepting responsibility like that?
He'd find a way to blame Mexico.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 pm

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:54 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Not sure where you are going with that absurdity Carlus.
The spill was caused by negligence and poor reg's.
If you add that $65 billion to the cost of generating electricity from fossil fuels the renewable alternatives look a lot more economically viable and better for the environment.
That's my train of thought, yours is off the tracks.
I just don't want to be a denier. You should be happy, I'm getting on board.
See an environmental problem, blame Global Warming...…………………. No ?

A neighbor of mine is one of about 3 people in the world that are tech experts on oil drilling alarm systems. He sets up and repairs these deep well alarms, and reviewed the Gulf BP spill. It was negligence in a sense.

These alarms are very sensitive, so they go off all the time and the human system monitor has to check to see that everything is cool or if it's time to back off on pumping. In this case the system monitor ignored the alarm, then bam, the whole fucking thing went.

That was Act II of the Tragedy. Act III is the implosion of Obama. He was so scared of revealing what happened he covered it up with lies and deceit, causing even more sea life in the gulf to die. Like MacBeth, Obama becomes more tyrannical to cover the lies.

The US Gov coverup...…….. this thing blew in April and leaked until August
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/U ... _Oil_Spill
PLATA O PLOMO