Social Justice Warriors Thread

PartyOf5

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:15 am

I understand the move, but conservatives can be so dumb sometimes.

You don't just make that rule for her, you say it goes for ANY individual in the press. That way you don't have to deal with any sexism complaints.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:15 am

You don't just make that rule for her, you say it goes for ANY individual in the press. That way you don't have to deal with any sexism complaints.
And this pertains too....?
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 am
PartyOf5 wrote:

The Mississippi governors Pence rule, dumbass.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 am
PartyOf5 wrote:

The Mississippi governors Pence rule, dumbass.
I’m not the one posting without any indication that you aren’t responding to a specific post.. now am I?

Seems to me you need to look into the mirror before you start name calling. Especially since the only one looking like an idiot is you.

Oh, wait... I said that out loud. My bad.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:56 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:32 am
Mississippi Gubenatorial candidate uses Pence Rule and women don't like it
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/10/politics ... index.html

The female reporter says its sexism
Her shameless reaction and comments vindicated his decision.

You really cannot trust women like that.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:15 am
Fife wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:05 pm
Here's an IT question from an uninformed observer: don't you have to keep all that electrical shit like servers and CPUs in a cool environment?
The days of having technology on premises is of the past, servers today are virtual.

You have one computer doing virtualization for almost everything with a second computer for redundancy. And that’s if you have an old company with legacy hardware. Or a company just starting up, or an admin that’s old school.

Today, people are using AWS, or other companies that have server farms to virtually host their server for them.

Companies like Amazon have acres of servers kept at cooler temperatures. Got to have servers somewhere.

Today if you are lucky you’ll have a single room, mostly a closet or of the sort that has AC pumped into it year round that handles all the networking. Patch routers, and perhaps the only server you’ll have is a firewall. Or a NAS for data that can’t leave premises, due to HIPAA laws or some BS.

Most of the tech today, you’ll be lucky if you see a server on site.

Only exception to that rule is if you have an admin that’s a control freak.
...or an admin that actually cares about security.

I’d much rather have my servers on prem - especially anything used for production processing. It’s cheaper, more reliable, and more secure.

And if you’re shipping your reporting data offsite, you may as well kiss that budget goodbye.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:43 am

I'm sure you can trust IBM, Google, and Amazon with all your business data.

Anti-fragility was just a buzzword and shit.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Fife wrote:
Here's an IT question from an uninformed observer: don't you have to keep all that electrical shit like servers and CPUs in a cool environment?
The days of having technology on premises is of the past, servers today are virtual.

You have one computer doing virtualization for almost everything with a second computer for redundancy. And that’s if you have an old company with legacy hardware. Or a company just starting up, or an admin that’s old school.

Today, people are using AWS, or other companies that have server farms to virtually host their server for them.

Companies like Amazon have acres of servers kept at cooler temperatures. Got to have servers somewhere.

Today if you are lucky you’ll have a single room, mostly a closet or of the sort that has AC pumped into it year round that handles all the networking. Patch routers, and perhaps the only server you’ll have is a firewall. Or a NAS for data that can’t leave premises, due to HIPAA laws or some BS.

I’d much rather have my servers on prem - especially anything used for production processing. It’s cheaper, more reliable, and more secure.

And if you’re shipping your reporting data offsite, you may as well kiss that budget goodbye.
In my world, nothing that actually matters is virtual or offsite. Both of those lack the quickness to fix needed in an environment like mine
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:44 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Fife wrote:

Only if you don't know what you are doing.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:50 am

California wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

In my world, nothing that actually matters is virtual or offsite. Both of those lack the quickness to fix needed in an environment like mine
I 100% agree, of course, I am the old school type as well. The problem is today Developers seem to be all about the buzzwords, etc...and they swing the money stick of most company's pocket books. If they don't want it, IT has little to say about it unless they can prove otherwise. Personally I always had an onsite server just in case... but I also had it so deal with specific data that couldn't leave the site either once it ran through our processes.

Dealing with over 60 point of biometrics every 3 seconds, you'd understand why that data was meant to be secure. I only put secure version on the cloud just in case we had a catastrophic failure. (building burning down)

I had on site two NAS drives, one was a depository, the other was for the biometrics. Amassed about 140TB of storage space in where 40TB was free at any given time.

The point of virtualization is that we required it because to have the servers required to run that kind of data would cost more than what a startup wanted to spend.
#NotOneRedCent