Game of Thrones - mostly

clubgop

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by clubgop » Sun May 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Good ending, Capps is right this season was so much better than the last couple and they stuck the landing as best they could. Bran is a great but unexpected choice. In the end the starks are clear winners, after many heartbreaks the fans got serviced.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 19, 2019 8:23 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:54 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:36 pm
God fucking dammit.

I really hate when I’m right.
When was that?
Called the Game of Oligarchy, that Jon would take down Dany, and that they'd fuck it up completely.

It was basically just a handoff to the spinoff. GoT hasn't ended, but it certainly looks more boring.
Why the hell are those people on the Small Council? Nobody fucking knows. Why is Podrick wheeling Bran around? What kind of security is around Dany on her Red Keep speech, that Arya just hikes up there and appears next to Jon? What happened to her nice horsey ride out of the city? Where the fuck is Jon going, did he just ditch the Night's Watch completely?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Best part was when Samwell proposes a democracy and they all laugh! That was epic.

:lol:

Dany's death was perfectly executed... Jon does his duty.

Dragon melting the throne was an interesting move.

Bran as king worked.

I thought they made a pretty decent ending of it.

They could have done much much worse.

Of course the problem with no heir is that you get wars of succession... but I guess they will find out about that in due time.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 19, 2019 8:39 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:23 pm
clubgop wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:36 pm
God fucking dammit.

I really hate when I’m right.
When was that?
Called the Game of Oligarchy, that Jon would take down Dany, and that they'd fuck it up completely.

It was basically just a handoff to the spinoff. GoT hasn't ended, but it certainly looks more boring.
Why the hell are those people on the Small Council? Nobody fucking knows. Why is Podrick wheeling Bran around? What kind of security is around Dany on her Red Keep speech, that Arya just hikes up there and appears next to Jon? What happened to her nice horsey ride out of the city? Where the fuck is Jon going, did he just ditch the Night's Watch completely?

it's over, any spinoff will be based on the past, or in lands far, far, away. As for the small council it makes sense. A master of coin to the Lord of Highgarden, the lord of the most valuable resource, grain, should have some expertise, if not, better get some, on finances. Also Brom is loyal to his hand, a former Master of coin himself, who better to control? A former pirate and smuggler as Master of ships? Really is anyone more trustworthy and qualified? Did the Golden Armor and Ser throw you off? Podrick became a knight and member of the kings guard. Have you not been watching for 8 seasons?

What Night's watch? Maybe he does maybe he doesn't? He becomes a Ranger and rides north of the wall like his uncle Benjen.

As for Arya.
Last edited by clubgop on Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 pm
Best part was when Samwell proposes a democracy and they all laugh! That was epic.

:lol:

Dany's death was perfectly executed... Jon does his duty.

Dragon melting the throne was an interesting move.

Bran as king worked.

I thought they made a pretty decent ending of it.

They could have done much much worse.

Of course the problem with no heir is that you get wars of succession... but I guess they will find out about that in due time.
I agree with you on all the above points, save the last.

The established powers of the kingdom have an interest in that not happening. And under a watchful eye from a true North strong and free.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 19, 2019 8:49 pm

What is the wall for now?

Tourist attraction?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 19, 2019 9:03 pm

It is true that the white horse scene added up to nothing....

And what she's Christopher Columbus now?

That character arc went off the rails...

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun May 19, 2019 9:39 pm

I'm glad Jon killed Khalessi and ultimately went beyond the Wall. I was happy to see Drogon go off and do whatever the fuck he wants. It was nice to see Bronn. As far as Sansa as an independent Queen in the North that was decent.

I guess Grey Worm is going to free slaves or conquer the summer islands or something. That's good, get those eunuchs out of Westeros. As far as Arya, well there was no way she was going to stay put. Have they ever shown Casterly Rock? O well. It was nice while it lasted. Of course it was all rushed.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 19, 2019 9:51 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:39 pm
I'm glad Jon killed Khalessi and ultimately went beyond the Wall. I was happy to see Drogon go off and do whatever the fuck he wants. It was nice to see Bronn. As far as Sansa as an independent Queen in the North that was decent.

I guess Grey Worm is going to free slaves or conquer the summer islands or something. That's good, get those eunuchs out of Westeros. As far as Arya, well there was no way she was going to stay put. Have they ever shown Casterly Rock? O well. It was nice while it lasted. Of course it was all rushed.
Inb4 Capps tells you that you don’t understand television.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:39 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:23 pm
clubgop wrote:

When was that?

it's over, any spinoff will be based on the past, or in lands far, far, away. As for the small council it makes sense. A master of coin to the Lord of Highgarden, the lord of the most valuable resource, grain, should have some expertise, if not, better get some, on finances. Also Brom is loyal to his hand, a former Master of coin himself, who better to control? A former pirate and smuggler as Master of ships? Really is anyone more trustworthy and qualified? Did the Golden Armor and Ser throw you off? Podrick became a knight and member of the kings guard. Have you not been watching for 8 seasons?

What Night's watch? Maybe he does maybe he doesn't? He becomes a Ranger and rides north of the wall like his uncle Benjen.

As for Arya.
I mean, sure, those are the right choices from the characters on the show, but are we to assume that the ENTIRE former nobility/administration is gone?

And yeah. There will be no prequel. It’s just going to come back, and god I hope they find some writers.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace