Joe Rogan (JRE)

DrYouth

Re: Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by DrYouth » Sat May 18, 2019 8:16 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 pm
In your estimation does that have a correlation with bioenergetics or other things Alexander Lowen worked with?
I would say it does.
My wife had a massage therapist who used bioenergetic craniosacral therapy and she found the experience very similar to the somatic experiencing touch therapy that I trained in.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:16 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 pm
In your estimation does that have a correlation with bioenergetics or other things Alexander Lowen worked with?
I would say it does.
My wife had a massage therapist who used bioenergetic craniosacral therapy and she found the experience very similar to the somatic experiencing touch therapy that I trained in.
I wished I had access but I don't . It's excercise and standard massage therapy and sauna for me I guess. I am in my head too much and need to get into my body more and work to help other people to combat the depression and anxiety .
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat May 18, 2019 8:31 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 pm
I wished I had access but I don't . It's excercise and standard massage therapy and sauna for me I guess. I am in my head too much and need to get into my body more and work to help other people to combat the depression and anxiety .
Yoga and Chigong are pretty good at helping you stay in your body and out of your head.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat May 18, 2019 8:34 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:31 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 pm
Yoga and Chigong are pretty good at helping you stay in your body and out of your head.
I'm inheriantly lazy and I procrastinated so much. It's real when someone like Jordan Peterson says you know you have to do something or really should but yet you cannot force yourself to . You lack discpline and the temperament to. It doesn't shine forth enough and you cannot even articulate why .

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun May 19, 2019 5:04 am

DrYouth wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:16 pm

I would say it does.
Do you perform your touch therapy in a turkish bath house? Why would you want to touch some random guy's dick? Not hating, just seems a bit gay tbh.
Shikata ga nai

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 19, 2019 11:17 am

heydaralon wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:04 am
Do you perform your touch therapy in a turkish bath house? Why would you want to touch some random guy's dick? Not hating, just seems a bit gay tbh.
I trained in it... but I don't practice it.
It's an amazing training to really understand the nervous system.
The conscious mind is notoriously deceptive... but the somatic nervous system isn't.
Body workers work directly with the body... i.e. massage therapists, physiotherapists, chiropractors etc.
Lots of the folks getting trained in SE were from these disciplines... and they can be very effective for the kind of problems that GoG was talking about... whereas your average therapist can be pretty useless for this kind of problem when using traditional cognitive approaches.

Therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists don't work directly with the body, but it helps us be more effective when we understand the underlying physiology of the nervous system... so the training was excellent... and it makes me more skilled in my work.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun May 19, 2019 11:28 am

DrYouth wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:17 am
heydaralon wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:04 am
I trained in it... but I don't practice it.
It's an amazing training to really understand the nervous system.
The conscious mind is notoriously deceptive... but the somatic nervous system isn't.
Body workers work directly with the body... i.e. massage therapists, physiotherapists, chiropractors etc.
Lots of the folks getting trained in SE were from these disciplines... and they can be very effective for the kind of problems that GoG was talking about... whereas your average therapist can be pretty useless for this kind of problem when using traditional cognitive approaches.

Therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists don't work directly with the body, but it helps us be more effective when we understand the underlying physiology of the nervous system... so the training was excellent... and it makes me more skilled in my work.
So if you were me and had limited finnacial resources would you say going to the dry sauna , getting a massage when I could , and doing sustained physical training is about the most prudent thing to do in hopes of alleviating anxiety ?
I have Alexander Lowen instructions on bioenergetics and will be working on calisthenics as well.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 19, 2019 3:42 pm

I just need to find a decent rub n’ tug joint.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun May 19, 2019 5:21 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:28 am
So if you were me and had limited finnacial resources would you say going to the dry sauna , getting a massage when I could , and doing sustained physical training is about the most prudent thing to do in hopes of alleviating anxiety ?
Anxiety is pretty nonspecific... so I can’t really say... but it sounds generally positive.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 20, 2019 9:31 am

go to that happy hands massage parlor in Vicksburg I told you about. Ask for the NayNay Goodpussy special.
Shikata ga nai