Game of Thrones - mostly

StCapps

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 3:37 pm

The song playing in Dany's head as she looked at the Red Keep and then firebombed King's Landing:
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 17, 2019 3:56 pm

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 4:02 pm

I like how during Season 5-7 when the show was trending downhill, there wasn't nearly enough scorn from the fans of the show, and in Season 8 there has been WAY too much of it, despite the season thus far being a notable upgrade on the previous three.

I bet if the ending sucks, they'll love it, and if it's good, they'll hate it. What a fucked up fan base, seriously.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri May 17, 2019 4:07 pm

yeah it isn't a total disaster in my opinion. i have a lot of logistical complaints and the sloppy handling of the night king still stings but the backlash has been surprisingly strong. i'm glad i wasnt too heavily invested in this show

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 pm

I have no major logistical complaints this season, the faster pace has done the season well, and even the scenes which most people complain about served a logistical purpose that made the rest of the story better. Strategically the set up to final episode has been quite good, most of the nitpicks about this season in this thread, tend to be a disagreement in the tactics used to achieve those strategic ends, while glossing over how well those tactics served the overall strategy.

They needed to get the Night King out of the way to give themselves a chance to nail the landing, and they choose the person who actually had the best chance of killing him to kill him, that's all I can ask for.

If you thought the Ice Zombies were cooler than they actually were, felt they deserved more shine and to be the show's final climax, I'm glad Benioff and Weiss didn't listen to these people, this season has been much better for it and the show in general has been much better for it. Focus on characters with actual personality during the final three episodes, not smug supernatural villains who don't even talk, the right decision was made. What makes the show good is the characters and how characters decisions impact other characters and their decisions, not the overpowered magical forces menacing them.

Dany's Mad Queen turn has been a long time coming, and fans being butthurt about that, are just being silly.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 pm

As I have said the series is at it's heart about the archetypal millennial relationship.

The liberal male - Jon Snow... paralyzed by self doubt... and the gen 3 feminist female - Danaerys... smoldering with rage and seeking to overthrow the patriarchy...

At the beginning of the season it seemed destined to be millennial feminist wish fulfillment... with potent women rising up and outperforming impotent males... and at this point in the season it may turn into a cautionary tale of hubris and karmic accounting....

Whatever the outcome.... this series is destined to be an artifact of our times.

Looking forward to the last episode.... and debating it here.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Kill the boy, so the man may live. Listen to Aemon Targaryen, Aegon, Get Dat Uncuckening. Be paralyzed by self doubt no longer, and embrace the leadership role that is your birthright.

Or maybe the writers just hate Jon Snow and want his ending to be way shittier and fan servicey by making him give up the crown for no good reason other than Jon Snow wants to remain a boy and wants to resist becoming a man, by heading up North for a reunion with Tormund and Ghost, who knows?

At this point it is very clear that it would be better character development for both Jon and Dany if Jon kills her, as opposed to her killing Jon. If Arya steals this kill, that's lame as fuck and does both leads a huge disservice.

How Bran is -450 to take the throne is absolutely ridiculous, worst betting odds ever, even Littlefinger is listed as a potential candidate because of idiotic fan theories about him still being alive, and is favored ahead of Sam. Jon has the same odds as Gendry +1000, Sansa at +500 what the fuck?

I feel like I gotta bet Jon at 10/1 odds, that's just mad value. Sansa at 5/1 seems hittable as well.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Holy crap. Where do I go to take an idiots money?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:08 pm
Holy crap. Where do I go to take an idiots money?
https://www.bodog.eu/sports/entertainme ... s-specials
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 17, 2019 6:21 pm

Dany +2000 is hittable too, though I don't think she'll win, 20/1 odds seem to underestimate her chances.
*yip*