Game of Thrones - mostly

Ex-California

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 13, 2019 11:01 am

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 am

What do you think Brienne will do , if anything at this point?

Do you think Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Jon all end up living and if not whose definitely not? I can see Arya shape shifting into Jon to kill Khaleesi or helping Jon get it done. My question is if we assume Khaleesi is killed some how then what happens to her Dragon? Does he fly away or create havoc all in the last episode? How would they deal with that beast really? Sure the kill Khaleesi (assuming Jon can convince her to not immediately kill him and his family etc.) but what about that world stopper?
I still think Sansa has a shot as queen. There's no throne left to sit on and no people in KL to rule over. Power moves to the north, and it's Sansa's. Brienne becomes hand of the queen.

That's my crazy wishful thinking that won't happen.

I still think Jon kills Dany.

As to Arya; head scratcher on that. Cersei has been on her death prayer list since season 2. She goes through all she went through just to say, "okay, sure, why not?" when the Hound tells her to go? That's the weird moment for me. Then she goes back to being the little girl she was at the end of Season 1. Strange arc; I don't even have a guess as to where she goes from here. Head of Sansa's Queen's Guard?

The lamest scene for me was Euron/Jamie. What a waste of time. Also, Clegane brothers - what was the point of that? Just a way to off them, I suppose.

Qyburn's death was fun, though.

Watching Cersei get scared was also quite fun. Props to Lena Headey; overall the best acted part in the entire series, IMO.
Clegane brothers fight was fanservice. Nerds have been salivating over that for 5 years
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 am
There is potential for worthwhile spin offs and prequels. I'm sure they will try at least a few attempts over the next five years.
They are already building the sets for the Bran the Builder series.

California wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:49 am
Those fuckers should have not only done 6 episodes. The wrapping up seems rushed, despite how awesome everything is going.
Benioff said (after 6) that they only needed 13 episodes because there wasn't enough material. Lame ass excuse that is obviously completely untrue.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 am

I love how Sandor dispatched those Kings guardsmen like it was nothing and while giving up the high ground on stairs. There is no way Brienne would have got the better of him had he been close to 100% when they danced.

Fitting that the Spyder got death by fire . Why do you think Tyrion told him it was him who told? Why did Tyrion tell really...it seemed like he was hoping Khaleesi could be reasoned with if he admitted the truth about who said what and their motivations etc.?

Will the Dragon be killed somehow before the show is over?

Will Sam or Tormund be on the last episodes?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 pm

The show has done wonders for the economy of Northern Ireland.
That tapestry I posted, for example, was made in Belfast using linen from the last remaining producer in the country. Most of the clothes for the show were also made from linen from the same factory.
The boost to the tourist industry has been similar to what New Zealand has experienced from the filming of Lord of the rings and Morroco got after Star Wars was filmed there.
The lucky guys who got the catering contract for the film must have made a small fortune. I've not done a big movie like that since King Arthur (the Keira Knightley one) 15 years ago.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 13, 2019 12:38 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 am
Why do you think Tyrion told him it was him who told?
Because he was sorry... they were friends.
GloryofGreece wrote:
Why did Tyrion tell really...it seemed like he was hoping Khaleesi could be reasoned with if he admitted the truth about who said what and their motivations etc.?
Sounds about right.
GloryofGreece wrote:
Will the Dragon be killed somehow before the show is over?
If they kill Dany... they will have to kill Drogon... which will definitely make for interesting television.
I don't see him simply switching loyalty to Jon... (which StCapps proposed)... I don't care how Targaryan Jon is.
GloryofGreece wrote:
Will Sam or Tormund be on the last episodes?
I expect to see Sam... he was pretty set on seeing Jon on the throne... and has beef with Dany about his father and brother getting dragonfired....
Maybe he will come up with some bright idea about how to dispatch Dany and her dragon...

I don't think we'll see Tormund... but it would be fun if we did.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I imagine Sam's story ending in a Bilbo Baggins style. Writing a book about the Game of Thrones.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Were both Rhaegal and Viserion about the same size?

Don't dragons (in most mythology) keep growing and really don't die from old age?

It would be cool if we got something about the origin of dragon eggs specified in the show. I know there are various "legends" and that one points to the "shadowlands" etc. but alas we don't have enough time to possible have this discussed in the show. :(

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 1:03 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm
I imagine Sam's story ending in a Bilbo Baggins style. Writing a book about the Game of Thrones.
Must be nice. I'm sure that's the ending Martin would write for himself. Dude should have been slayed way before.

What do you think if Jorah was still alive, would he have any imaginable calming effect on Khaleesi?

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:03 pm

What do you think if Jorah was still alive, would he have any imaginable calming effect on Khaleesi?
Most certainly. Her final straw (in my opinion,) was losing her BFF, her second dragon and every adviser she trusted. She had absolutely nobody to talk her of the ledge as happened several times in the past. She knew Tyrion was no longer helping her, but was he just dumb or was it sabotage?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Episode 5 was the worst episode of television in the last 5 years. Period. If you think otherwise, you don't know good tv.

Not enough time with Sam, not enough reunions. The episode should have focused on Grey Worm, easily the best black character without a cock on the entire show. I would have liked to see Bran and Euron re-unite. Or show podrick and the faceless man have a meet up. That would have been bananas.
Last edited by heydaralon on Mon May 13, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai