Game of Thrones - mostly

Kath

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Kath » Sun May 12, 2019 7:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:39 pm
15 minutes in, and I can tell Cersei will win.
Lol... you may have been watching something, but it wasn't GoT. What made you think that?

Great ep. Processing.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Kath wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:45 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Lol... you may have been watching something, but it wasn't GoT. What made you think that?

Great ep. Processing.
Tyrion completely betrayed Dany. She’s done. Halfway in now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 pm

why didn't dany just put on a cloak and walk straight through kings landing into the throneroom, seemed to work easily enough for arya and the hound

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The economy will crash, AAF being an NFL alternative. Are you ever right about anything?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 pm
why didn't dany just put on a cloak and walk straight through kings landing into the throneroom, seemed to work easily enough for arya and the hound
The die was cast right there between Snow and Dany. If he would have taken one for the team, she would have respected the bells. But since she chose to rule by fear. She was going to destroy the city.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
The die was cast right there between Snow and Dany. If he would have taken one for the team, she would have respected the bells. But since she chose to rule by fear. She was going to destroy the city.
Actually, I expected Jamie to get in to see Cersei, side with her, and use the bells as a trap. As it turned out, it didn't matter either way. Probably a smart move tactically for Dani, but she lost the kingdom.

- How did none of those ballistas get a clean shot at the damn dragon?!??
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Shit got real.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 pm
clubgop wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm
pineapplemike wrote:

Actually, I expected Jamie to get in to see Cersei, side with her, and use the bells as a trap. As it turned out, it didn't matter either way. Probably a smart move tactically for Dani, but she lost the kingdom.

- How did none of those ballistas get a clean shot at the damn dragon?!??
It was not a smart move tactically, she burned the capital city when it was totally unnecessary. They had the city and the army had surrendered. Even if they did not breach the keep they could have waited on them or attacked the keep directly.

The scorpion's did get as clean a shot as they were going to get. Remember the attack that shot the dragon last week was an ambush. This time she could recon see where the scorpions are and plan accordingly. She used the sun and cloud cover and went straight in giving it the smallest target area. And in a straight on one on one shot the dragon has enough agility to dodge that shot, So they are forced to fire in volleys, dodge a volley, quick flank and roll them up before they can turn and reload. Rinse and repeat, and if you can come from behind and make them try to turn those things, forget it.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun May 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Ya, the dragon beating all those boats and scorpions was fine with me. 2 hours of infinite fire breath, on the other hand, was a little stretch. All in all, I was pretty satisfied with the episode.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 4:47 am

Jon will have to act like he loves Khaleesi to be able to get close enough to kill her. He's going to have to be deceitful and cunning and murderous to save what's left of his family and " kingdom " . This will be how the show will be redeemed for the last couple seasons of the show for the cynics out there. Even Jon has to be brutal to "win". But some will still be unfulfilled naturally of course because he didn't do it soon enough or vicious enough. I don't know if Tyrion is making it out of this one. I'll say this at the end I was sad for Cersi and Jamie . I do think her end was more or less true to character she's developed into. She wouldn't leave even had Jamie got there sooner . Hitler yes Hitler had a similar desire to see his city burn and resented everyone in the end. Who thinks Bronn will show up some point in finale ? Nihilism won't really win out but even the good guy has to do things he wouldn't normally do to survive and save the day.
Last edited by GloryofGreece on Mon May 13, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The good, the true, & the beautiful