The Netflix of Podcasts

DrYouth

Re: The Netflix of Podcasts

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Hastur wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:30 pm
Most podcasts I listen to are available for free on Spotify now. I'm not so fond of this development.
It should be an independent art form but I guess it's up to the creators.
Some podcasts are now exclusive on Spotify. I want to have everything in the same app but that will soon be a thing of the past. Spotify has a crappy interface for podcasts and not everything is there.
Is spotify free?
Haven't bothered with it yet.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue May 07, 2019 12:47 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 pm
Hastur wrote:
Most podcasts I listen to are available for free on Spotify now. I'm not so fond of this development.
Some podcasts are now exclusive on Spotify. I want to have everything in the same app but that will soon be a thing of the past. Spotify has a crappy interface for podcasts and not everything is there.
Is spotify free?
You can listen for free. You will get ads if you don’t have a paid account but not for podcasts, only music.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Hastur wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:47 pm
DrYouth wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Is spotify free?
You can listen for free. You will get ads if you don’t have a paid account but not for podcasts, only music.
ANy reason to use spotify over iTunes?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue May 07, 2019 12:57 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Hastur wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:47 pm
DrYouth wrote:

Is spotify free?
ANy reason to use spotify over iTunes?
For podcasts? No. Unless you want to listen to something only available on Spotify.

For music? You serious?

I haven’t used iTunes for years. The most rotten fruit in the Apple cart. For podcasts I use Podcast Addict on Android.
Last edited by Hastur on Tue May 07, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Spotify has a large music library and playlists arw easy to find, create, and manage.

I do not use it for podcasts. I use Podcast Addict.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 07, 2019 1:03 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:19 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 am
I've tried him a few times, His his voice is grating to me, can't listen long enough to get the content.
You don'ta lika d' Italiano?
Hey wazzamattafoyou?

Try the Cortez series before it goes behind the Luminaries paywall...
It will motivate you to get over his accent...
I don't even notice it anymore.
Like the Italiano just fine

But Danielle sounds like a damn cartoon character. Sounds a little like Marvin the Martian.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue May 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Martyrmade is the only good podcast now. Anyone who disagrees should go get a Netflix of Podcast subscription and listen to a 4 hour Trevor Noah episode on whitesplaining. Also that pirate one is good.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 07, 2019 2:32 pm

A few months ago I was dating this chick who put this special on Netflix before we chilled. I was really completely astounded at this Bantu motherfucker talking about how terrible white racism is for blacks while his literal cousins are genociding the white population of South Africa.

Deport.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue May 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:32 pm
I few months ago I was dating this chick who put his special on Netflix before we chilled. I was really completely astounded at this Bantu motherfucker talking about how terrible white racism is for blacks while his literal cousins are genociding the white population of South Africa.

Deport.
Yeah man, you can get the netflix experience by prying your septic tank open with a crowbar and dunking your head into it. All those comedy specials do cause lymphoma and penile warts.
Shikata ga nai

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 pm

If I don't pay my 8 bucks a month, how will I find out what happens to Varus? By the way, have you guy ever heard any podcasts about Rome?