Climate Denier Hard To Refute

StCapps

Re: Climate Denier Hard To Refute

Post by StCapps » Sat May 11, 2019 1:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:22 am
Oh they knew. They just turned a blind eye because it suited them.
Something a good cop would never do.
Well the show doesn't pretend they are good cops, some of them are good at their job, but certainly no paragons of virtue, plenty of corruption and incompetence up in that mix, that's the point.
/shrugs

If you are looking for a show that portrays all the cops as paragons of virtue, who never make mistakes or do anything corrupt, then The Wire is not the show for you, it's too real for that fairy tale bullshit. The Wire is a show that shows how the police bureaucracy discourages real reform and promotes fake reform in it's place, weeding out the good cops and keeping them out of positions of power and favoring the corrupt cops who juke the stats and know how to play politics. Dope on the table, montegriffo.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 11, 2019 7:19 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:32 pm
Only Climate Scientists, celebrities & Democrats understand Climate Science.

Nobody takes my advice but goddamn Climate Scientists are the shit. Fuck you.
Appeals to authority are a helluva drug.
I AM an authority. Fuck you.

p.s. I just wrote a PRay TeLL based on your assholeness, which represents the assholeness of The Left, an insight I gained reading you and another NPC asshole of FB. Utter fools who know nothing and have done nothing yet continue to spread their opinions out of their assholes.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 am

While we are choosing experts to believe, I am going with Freeman Dyson, who is one of the greatest intellects of our time, and enjoys actually making an honest argument (and defending it).

Not sure what that does, though. Do we now send our experts out from the little block castles we created, and pretend battle them like toy kaijus?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 am
While we are choosing experts to believe, I am going with Freeman Dyson, who is one of the greatest intellects of our time, and enjoys actually making an honest argument (and defending it).
The difference between me and Freeman Dyson is that I am more accomplished and have more achievements, but he is more famous. “Authority,” like anything else, is ranked by fame.

p.s. The last sentence is a quote I’ll be putting on FB. I doubt Freeman Dyson could do the same.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 am
The difference between me and Freeman Dyson is that I am more accomplished and have more achievements, but he is more famous. “Authority,” like anything else, is ranked by fame.

p.s. The last sentence is a quote I’ll be putting on FB. I doubt Freeman Dyson could do the same.
Authority is great and all, but appealing to authority is a logical fallacy and a terrible argument, if that's all you got, your argument isn't very good. Appeals to authority might convince some rubes, of which there are many, but the non-rubes who actually know how to argue are never going to buy that as a solid argument.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Go argue with your doctor, or your attorney, or your Professional Engineer, or your accountant. They are NOT going to capitulate to you because you say they are “arguing from authority;” in fact, I’m certain you are going to need to find a new doctor, lawyer, accountant or engineer. Repeat until you shut up about their authority not being worth anything.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 pm
Go argue with your doctor, or your attorney, or your Professional Engineer, or your accountant. They are NOT going to capitulate to you because you say they are “arguing from authority;” in fact, I’m certain you are going to need to find a new doctor, lawyer, accountant or engineer. Repeat until you shut up about their authority not being worth anything.
If the doctor, attorney, professional engineer or accountant, has no other reason to listen to them than "I'm an expert", find another one. Their authority is worth nothing if that's all they got, and they demand you listen to them with no explanation other than "I'm an expert".
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Oh, really? Wow, I’d like to see that.

“Your license means nothing to me; I’ve got Google.”

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Oh, really? Wow, I’d like to see that.

“Your license means nothing to me; I’ve got Google.”
Experts who demand you listen to them, with no explanation because they think you're too stupid to understand, are shitty experts.

That's your big issue, whenever you run into a better argument, you default to an appeal to authority, and you wonder why no one takes your word for it when you trot out a logical fallacy as if it's a mic drop. Try explaining yourself dumbass, then maybe someone will listen to you, but you just assume that no one will listen under any circumstances if they don't just take your word for it at the outset, so you hide behind a logical fallacy and then walk away.

Good way to protect your arguments from actual scrutiny to keep them to yourself and just demand people take your word for things, then run away from any disagreement.

Clearly you have thought me things, and I have thought you things over the years, so you should stop assuming that I won't listen to you if you make a compelling argument. I change my mind all the time when a better argument is presented, just because most people don't, doesn't mean you should treat me like most people.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat May 11, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Dude, I'm walking away because you're too good of a debater. Debate someone else who's nobody.