Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by StCapps » Wed May 08, 2019 12:46 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:43 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:42 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm

She ate the movement, WTF are you talking about? More like crane power to get that moving.
Your sarcasm detector is so broken.
Broken? It's been buried with the dog that made the hole a long time ago.
*yip*

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm

I'm proud to be black, said the black man.
I'm proud to be hispanic, said the Hispanic man.
I'm proud to be gay, said the gay man.
I'm proud to be trans,said the trans lady.
I'm proud to be fat, said the fat lady.
I'm proud to be white, said the bigoted racist Nazi white supremacist homophobic person.

:roll:

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm
I'm proud to be white, said the bigoted racist Nazi white supremacist homophobic person.

To think, once upon a time people reserved pride for their accomplishments, as in for things they did. Only one who did anything on that list is the fat lady, and being proud of having eaten alot is like being proud of sleeping.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 pm

BjornP wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 pm
Ph64 wrote:

To think, once upon a time people reserved pride for their accomplishments, as in for things they did. Only one who did anything on that list is the fat lady, and being proud of having eaten alot is like being proud of sleeping.
No such time ever existed, nostalgia for a world that never was. People have always taken pride in the accomplishments of other people, especially those who were considered part of their tribe, especially their ancestors. Pride was never reserved solely for their own accomplishments, some people have had that attitude, but it was never the prevailing attitude the way that you seem to imagine.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 09, 2019 2:54 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 pm
BjornP wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

No such time ever existed, nostalgia for a world that never was. People have always taken pride in the accomplishments of other people, especially those who were considered part of their tribe, especially their ancestors. Pride was never reserved solely for their own accomplishments, some people have had that attitude, but it was never the prevailing attitude the way that you seem to imagine.
Pride before the fall ring a bell?
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 09, 2019 3:02 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:54 am
StCapps wrote:
BjornP wrote:

Warning about the dangers of having too much pride doesn't not mean that it was ever the prevailing attitude to only take pride in one's own accomplishments, the fact that Pride needs to be warned about as a deadly sin, is in fact proof that this isn't the case, and it never was.

Nostalgia for a world that never was.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 09, 2019 6:20 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:02 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:54 am
StCapps wrote:
Warning about the dangers of having too much pride doesn't not mean that it was ever the prevailing attitude to only take pride in one's own accomplishments, the fact that Pride needs to be warned about as a deadly sin, is in fact proof that this isn't the case, and it never was.

Nostalgia for a world that never was.
I have to disagree. The Democrats have been trying to destroy Pride in America for at least three generations.
#NotOneRedCent

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:58 am

FE8FA83F-D4C2-4BDE-8268-FAD7B2916957.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu May 09, 2019 8:55 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:58 am
FE8FA83F-D4C2-4BDE-8268-FAD7B2916957.png
Toxic femininity at its best
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu May 09, 2019 9:19 am

StCapps wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

You're talking about something different than me. I don't dismiss the fact that people have always been proud of the actions of their fellow noble house, regular family, tribe, nationality, etc. What you're describing is still achievements, things you're proud of yourself or someone you consider a fellow tribesmember/noble family/nationality/fellow religious follower, for what you or they did. Being proud of a skin color or sexuality, is like being proud of breathing.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.