What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Speaker to Animals

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:33 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:31 pm
Like I said, I'm skeptical. I don't believe in the food pyramid as it stands either though. I believe there is a good case to be made for grain heavy diets being detrimental for over all health but I am basically immune to everything and I'm always skeptical when people claim they are allergic to something. Seems strange AF to me.
If you don't have celiacs disease then don't worry about it.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 pm

Yeah that one. I can't believe that thing. Seems like a mystery diagnosis like ADD. At least the prescription isn't drugs.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 03, 2019 8:37 pm

My step mom claimed she had it recently. It just feels like pop science or something. Like, you can't eat bread or potatoes nigga? Are you being serious rn?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 03, 2019 8:39 pm

And another thing. This Paleo shit is all the rage and I have done some research into the keto stuff. There are cases to be made but dude, you are going to kill yourself over nothing if you aren't getting carbs to work with. I eat them carbs. It doesn't even matter to me. I should probably avoid sugar though since I'm missing part of my pancreas. Been using stevia which is p good tbh

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:37 pm
My step mom claimed she had it recently. It just feels like pop science or something. Like, you can't eat bread or potatoes nigga? Are you being serious rn?
Nah. It's just gluten and sometimes casein. If she thinks she has it then she needs to take a blood test.

I might just have a casein allergy. I don't really know yet. I have to wait for the test to come back. After I took the blood test, I did cut out wheat and dairy in an experiment, and shit is literally better.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 pm
Yeah that one. I can't believe that thing. Seems like a mystery diagnosis like ADD. At least the prescription isn't drugs.
A lot of it might be psychosomatic but it the end it doesn't matter if it works. ie. bloodwork gets better, blood pressure, vitamin/mineral levels, glucose levels etc. etc. and if your symptoms go away. For me personally if my grandmother is half indian and her people didn't have cows or wheat then yeah I'd bet it would or could fuck with me. What nigga?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:43 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
A lot of it might be psychosomatic but it the end it doesn't matter if it works. ie. bloodwork gets better, blood pressure, vitamin/mineral levels, glucose levels etc. etc. and if your symptoms go away. For me personally if my grandmother is half indian and her people didn't have cows or wheat then yeah I'd bet it would or could fuck with me. What nigga?
Half our foods are American. Potatoes. Beans.

It should work the other way too.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:43 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Half our foods are American. Potatoes. Beans.

It should work the other way too.
If maybe everything worked like cause and effect. Which it doesn't. Who knows maybe drinking beer for 10k years helped mutate Euros gut to adapt to bullshit better.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Its a fact jack that all Indians and Blacks are lactose intolerant.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 03, 2019 8:45 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
My grandma is quarter wagon burner. I don't have any of those problems. I just tan a little better that's it. I used to drink a gallon if milk a day. I'm probably going to start trying to do that again when I start taking a test cycle. Sonething I feel like I earned at this point working what I do at my age.