What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Speaker to Animals

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Reading this on recommendation after it turned out I am allergic to casein and possibly gluten.

If this guy is correct, then holy shit we have problems with the food.

If just cutting out dairy and wheat makes me feel better, then I am going to be really happy, because if this guy is right we have very limited options.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 03, 2019 8:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:08 pm
Reading this on recommendation after it turned out I am allergic to casein and possibly gluten.

If just cutting out dairy and wheat makes me feel better, then I am going to be really happy, because if this guy is right we have very limited options.
Have you tried going Vegan?
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 pm

YES! A more manlier man than me is possible gluten intolerant like myself! Plus im lactose intolerant. Man did my indian ancestors fuck me. :whistle:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 03, 2019 8:14 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:12 pm

I know if you read the amazon blurb on this book you'd not believe any of it! haha. You most this shit is marketing, no?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:22 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 pm

YES! A more manlier man than me is possible gluten intolerant like myself! Plus im lactose intolerant. Man did my indian ancestors fuck me. :whistle:
If I have to stop eating dairy and bread I am going to kill myself.

I am not lactose intolerant, though. It's the casein that got me pretty badly. Almost went to ER it was so bad. Still waiting on test results for celiacs disease.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:24 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:12 pm

I will just stop eating plants, then.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Fri May 03, 2019 8:22 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 pm

If I have to stop eating dairy and bread I am going to kill myself.
I literally cried like a baby a couple of times a few days after making the decision to not eat gluten about 6 years ago. I had terrible digestion and depression/anxiety. Still have anxiety but not as bad digestive or depressive issues. Im also not completely Paleo but goin that way if I know what's good for me.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Gluten is necessary for healthy brain development as well as sugar which is basically gluten.

My step mother claims she has that gluten intolerance shit. I'm very sceptical but she's not dumb by any means. Maybe she got duped but I doubt it.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:26 pm
Gluten is necessary for healthy brain development as well as sugar which is basically gluten.
It's fine and dandy unless your intestine lining lets those little proteins pass right through the wall of the intestines and into your body. Then your immune system freaks out and eventually you become allergic, but most often you just end up with lifelong illness until you figure it out.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Like I said, I'm skeptical. I don't believe in the food pyramid as it stands either though. I believe there is a good case to be made for grain heavy diets being detrimental for over all health but I am basically immune to everything and I'm always skeptical when people claim they are allergic to something. Seems strange AF to me.