GloryofGreece

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:08 am

Red Witch was awesome
Jorah Mormont dying is sad though they decimated his character past two seasons
Theon finding redemption was uplifting
Bran using himself as bait was cool
I didn't see little Bear island girl going out like that

I wonder how many actual soldiers the North has still and where the knights of the Eyre are ?

Is whatever is left of the House Tyrell army with Cersi?

What are the Dornish people doing ? Drinking wine waiting this one out?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:41 am

Wow. What a fantastic 80 minutes that was.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 am

Kath wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:41 am
Wow. What a fantastic 80 minutes that was.
Do you think the other dragon is still alive or was it killed?

Do you think if a dragon makes it out of this epic a live it will later lay eggs?

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 am

Do you think if a dragon makes it out of this epic a live it will later lay eggs?
I don't even have a guess about the dragon. It looked like he went down, but they really kept it dark and... foggy?

As to the eggs; the books talk about an island where there are boatloads of unhatched eggs and was supposedly the source for her wedding gift. The show has never provided any insight as to how that biology works. Does mama dragon have to set her eggs on fire to get them born?

I think all three dragons are/were male.

Is there any way the final battle can top this one? I don't see how. I certainly hope it's a daytime war, though.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 am

Kath wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 am

I don't even have a guess about the dragon. It looked like he went down, but they really kept it dark and... foggy?

As to the eggs; the books talk about an island where there are boatloads of unhatched eggs and was supposedly the source for her wedding gift. The show has never provided any insight as to how that biology works. Does mama dragon have to set her eggs on fire to get them born?

I think all three dragons are/were male.

Is there any way the final battle can top this one? I don't see how. I certainly hope it's a daytime war, though.
I think the dragons are transexual, and can simply lay eggs. From the brief online researching skimming I've done it appears the books make a reference to one of the Targaryean dragons having a egg that developed into a dragon. But only one in the records.

I think there will be a daytime land battle episode 5. I dont think there are many Northerns left or basically any unsullied or dothroki.

Those huge scorpion artillery and wildfire will play a role in the defense of Kings Landing. I would imagine the North isn't going to stay put though they should.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:06 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:08 am
Red Witch was awesome
Jorah Mormont dying is sad though they decimated his character past two seasons
Theon finding redemption was uplifting
Bran using himself as bait was cool
I didn't see little Bear island girl going out like that

I wonder how many actual soldiers the North has still and where the knights of the Eyre are ?

Is whatever is left of the House Tyrell army with Cersi?

What are the Dornish people doing ? Drinking wine waiting this one out?
Jorah was on my death list. He died exactly how he hoped; saving Dany.

The way Lyanna Mormont went out was awesome. The smallest taking out the largest? Glad they let her die while being a bad ass. It was the exact place where Wun Wun died. Lots of throwbacks to older episodes this season, so far.

The Knights of the Vale fought beside Jamie & Brienne.

Great question about the Dornish. I think we have to assume that the Tyrell army is with Cersei.

It will be interesting to see how many lived; they didn't give much in the way of clues; except for the Dothraki. My stomach got tied up in knots watching that go down. It was beautifully sad. Seems to me there are only a handful of them left. I think the unsullied made out much better.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:12 pm
Worst siege defense ever. Fucking terrible.

-send the cavalry in first and alone.
-position all the artillery outside the walls for 1 shot.
- no boiling oil or anything on the walls.
- nobody can hit a trench with an arrow.
- everybody just takes a break while the trench burns.
- Air Force flew off and fucked around the whole battle instead of sweeping the front.

Worst fucking writing ever. These assclowns couldn’t write a nursery rhyme. Goddammit that was bad.
Wow.

The storm brought by NK was preventing the trench from being lit. This was explained.

Not much to do while trench is burning; I don't think taking a minute to catch their breath was ridiculous.

The dragons were not fucking off the whole battle.

What show were you watching?

No worries; Cappy will be along any time to explain why anyone who loved the episode is an idiot without a clue about what makes good television, so you'll get some company.

This was an insanely good battle; the best I've ever seen. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it; at this point, you should just give up on it. Why waste 240 more minutes of your life on a terribly written show that isn't even as good as a nursery rhyme?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:08 am

Charging their cavalry into the distance alone seemed pretty useless... there have to be better uses of cavalry than this.

Theon's last charge at NK was kind of silly.

I don't really know what the best use of artillery is in a situation like this...

It was really dark... made me wonder about my screen... but I'm hearing everyone say the same thing... I found this confusing and frustrating... maybe they created this effect on purpose for that reason... but I didn't enjoy it.

Arya is overpowered.

Didn't really enjoy... there is the rest of the season for the show to find redemption.... but it's looking dubious.

But most importantly.... someone help me out with Melissandra in this episode... I'm at a loss as to her character arc here... and her function in this narrative.

She was a flawed prophet of the Lord of Light... really flawed... I liked that...
She set the stage for the doom of the Barathian brother.
...but what are we to make of her now.
She inspired Arya to fulfill her destiny I guess... but it's feeling kinda weak.
Last edited by DrYouth on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:41 am

why do they constantly put characters in situations where death is certain, only to not kill them, over and over again? maybe i'm wrong but jorah was on the front line in the initial attack, right? that fucking guy should have been dead right then and there. fat sam was getting piled on and eaten by zombies but he's just sitting there at the end. jon was surrounded by hundreds of resurrected zombies but fought a couple and i think dany killed a few and now he's in the castle playing hide and seek with a dragon that doesn't seek.

and what was up with the unrelenting swarm of endless undead, unflinchingly charging into conflict suddenly creeping along the halls of winterfell? i get that the writers want variety in the show, but don't write your characters into situations they shouldn't be able to get out of, those zombies should have been rushing through that library searching for anyone and everyone, not lumbering around bumping into shit
Last edited by pineapplemike on Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am

Kath wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:12 pm
Worst siege defense ever. Fucking terrible.

-send the cavalry in first and alone.
-position all the artillery outside the walls for 1 shot.
- no boiling oil or anything on the walls.
- nobody can hit a trench with an arrow.
- everybody just takes a break while the trench burns.
- Air Force flew off and fucked around the whole battle instead of sweeping the front.

Worst fucking writing ever. These assclowns couldn’t write a nursery rhyme. Goddammit that was bad.
Wow.

The storm brought by NK was preventing the trench from being lit. This was explained.

Not much to do while trench is burning; I don't think taking a minute to catch their breath was ridiculous.

The dragons were not fucking off the whole battle.

What show were you watching?

No worries; Cappy will be along any time to explain why anyone who loved the episode is an idiot without a clue about what makes good television, so you'll get some company.

This was an insanely good battle; the best I've ever seen. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it; at this point, you should just give up on it. Why waste 240 more minutes of your life on a terribly written show that isn't even as good as a nursery rhyme?
Because like your aware im sure that many many people like to critique things and kind of love the misery of it all . Even in a masochistic way or just cynicism for cynicism sake if you will. The show is flawed like all art or film is and it has gotten worse as the seasons piled up, but yes if someone hates it that much then stop watching it. I'm watching it to see an ending and because I enjoyed it for the most part most of the time. I'm also a sucker for fantasy and middle age material. The unrealistic elements of the show don't bother me much, what bothers me mostly is when the acting or writing is just bad. This past episode was fun overall and was cool to look at.