New HH Episode forth coming!

DrYouth

Re: New HH Episode forth coming!

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 pm
That ONE podcast he put out last year must of have been really, really impressive.
Danielli Bollelli's Joan of Arc series blew it away all on it's own...
Marc Duncan's Revolution's series on the revolutions of 1848 would be my vote for top history podcasting of 2018...

Anyone else have an opinion on best history podcast of 2018... I guess it's too late to influence the outcome...
But we could deliver a Martin Hash Forum booby prize.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:26 am

Prof CJ at Dangerous history did a huge series on the Civil War. Hearing the Civil War from the POV of a self described Anarchist is good, but his production lacks a little.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 am
C-Mag wrote:
That ONE podcast he put out last year must of have been really, really impressive.
Marc Duncan's Revolution's series on the revolutions of 1848 would be my vote for top history podcasting of 2018...

Anyone else have an opinion on best history podcast of 2018... I guess it's too late to influence the outcome...
Actually have to hand it to The Pirate History Podcast, though that may be more 2017, I'm not sure.

If so, then it goes to Legends of the Old West.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:11 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm
DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Actually have to hand it to The Pirate History Podcast, though that may be more 2017, I'm not sure.

If so, then it goes to Legends of the Old West.
The Pirate History Podcast gets my vote as well. He's doing an amazing job at a good pace. Mike Duncan is also good. He just chose a topic that interests me slightly less.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:58 am

Did he hint at what the next topic would be?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am

Listening to Supernova of the East 2...

Weird how listening to Dan now is so nostalgic.

I feel like I'm listening to a band I used to like in high school.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:24 am

DrYouth wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am
Listening to Supernova of the East 2...

Weird how listening to Dan now is so nostalgic.

I feel like I'm listening to a band I used to like in high school.
+1

Pretty much. It reminds me of that relatively short period in history when Mtv came out and videos were a thing, a big, big thing. Then videos were eventually ruined, and you just kinda think,
'Well that was good while it lasted, too bad they had to fuck that up.'
Same type of vibe for me.

PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 am

I don’t even reflect on it much at all ... until I wish I had access to an old thread that proved prophetic. I just remember the podcasts getting longer and longer and the release dates coming further and further apart. Seemed like the podcast was over long before the forum died - but then, I suppose it’s still technically going even now.

Dan hit the same problem X-Files did. People liked the short, self contained, one-off stories. But those soon gave way to longer, more involved, multi-part epics that dragged on and on. Shit gets boring. Very few people carve nine hours out of their week to hear about Rome - but they might take one hour to hear about the HRE.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:49 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 am

Dan hit the same problem X-Files did. People liked the short, self contained, one-off stories. But those soon gave way to longer, more involved, multi-part epics that dragged on and on. Shit gets boring. Very few people carve nine hours out of their week to hear about Rome - but they might take one hour to hear about the HRE.
That problem plagues entertainment in general right now. These fucking clowns in tv series think they need every show to be a great on going drama, when all we want sometimes is an episodic serial. Frankly, I'm ready for a good episodic serial. The Orville does it pretty well.
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:40 am

DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I think Nuke is the only one that will agree but I think Myths of the 20th Century is the best historical podcast of 2018. Why? They have a conversation instead of a narrative and they cover a very wide breath of topics. YouTube is the preferred platform as well.
The good, the true, & the beautiful