Game of Thrones - mostly

DrYouth

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by DrYouth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 pm
Without an epic backstab, Dany and Jon don't arc enough, yet another reason to make it happen, it's the best character development either of their characters will have had in the entire series. Leaving it on the table is doing both characters a disservice, just because they are afraid of fan backlash if they don't give the fans favorite characters a happy ending, even though the show is ending and the characters won't appear on screen after it's over anyway.
You need more than just backstab.
Anyone can backstab... you need meat on them bones.
What's under the backstab... is it greed, envy, power lust, justice, demonic possession, angelic heroism, wasted martyrdom
Not all backstabs are equivalent... and the seeds of the ultimate action must be planted and nurtured for the fruitful harvest.

All I'm hearing from you is "backstab, backstab, backstab"... like a bloodthirsty pleb wanting his fair share of gore dished out from the gladiators.
Which is almost as pathetic as those demanding a happy ending.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 pm
Without an epic backstab, Dany and Jon don't arc enough, yet another reason to make it happen, it's the best character development either of their characters will have had in the entire series. Leaving it on the table is doing both characters a disservice, just because they are afraid of fan backlash if they don't give the fans favorite characters a happy ending, even though the show is ending and the characters won't appear on screen after it's over anyway.
You need more than just backstab.
Anyone can backstab... you need meat on them bones.
What's under the backstab... is it greed, envy, power lust, justice, demonic possession, angelic heroism, wasted martyrdom
Not all backstabs are equivalent... and the seeds of the ultimate action must be planted and nurtured for the fruitful harvest.

All I'm hearing from you is "backstab, backstab, backstab"... like a bloodthirsty pleb wanting his fair share of gore dished out from the gladiators.
Which is almost as pathetic as those demanding a happy ending.
I agree, need meat on the bones, just a backstab is no guarantee of a great ending, need to set it up properly.

I don't think you are actually reading my posts, because if you did, you would know I've already said this on several occasions, and wouldn't just be hearing "backstab, backstab, backstab".

I already layed out a detailed account of how they are already laying the groundwork if they want to go there, and advise them to continue doing so. Try to keep up, enough of the Strawman Capps routine already.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:03 pm

While I'm not expecting many characters to get a happy ending, I sure hope there will be a few for those who get out alive. Those with the suckiest journeys deserve some down time.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 pm

Kath wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:03 pm
While I'm not expecting many characters to get a happy ending, I sure hope there will be a few for those who get out alive. Those with the suckiest journeys deserve some down time.
Indeed, got have a little balance, a little light in the sea of darkness.

David Simon knows. Vince Gilligan knows. David Chase knows.

Benioff and Weiss, not sure they know how to strike that balance properly, hope they can, but have my doubts.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:16 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 pm
Kath wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:03 pm
Indeed, got have a little balance, a little light in the sea of darkness.

David Simon knows. Vince Gilligan knows. David Chase knows.

Benioff and Weiss, not sure they know how to strike that balance properly, hope they can, but have my doubts.
I think they've laid out some crumbs.

Grey Worm & Missandei - I predict they get that beach house.

If both Sansa & Theon live, I predict they get a Grey Worm & Missandei style relationship. I don't think Theon gets out alive, though. He's gonna go Wight.

Arya & Gendry? They should both live.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Worm is going down...

Gendry is Zombie meat.

Brienne of Tarr - is definitely going to die.... maybe she will receive her Wighthood next episode. ;)

Theon is on my probably going to die very soon list.

The Hound will survive to confront his brother.

Jamie and Tyrion will also obviously confront Cersi.

Jon and Dani obviously both survive to the final episode.

Arya and Sansa will both make it past the next episode.

Maybe Samwell will get a happy ending... my happy ending money is on him.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:43 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm
Worm is going down...

Gendry is Zombie meat.

Brienne of Tarr - is definitely going to die.... maybe she will receive her Wighthood next episode. ;)

Theon is on my probably going to die very soon list.

The Hound will survive to confront his brother.

Jamie and Tyrion will also obviously confront Cersi.

Jon and Dani obviously both survive to the final episode.

Arya and Sansa will both make it past the next episode.

Maybe Samwell will get a happy ending... my happy ending money is on him.
Of course he will . He is GRR Martin.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:57 pm

And Bran has already achieved Nirvanna...
So death is of no consequence to him... he exists outside of time... a happy ending would be meaningless to him.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm

I'm getting some duality vibes from Bran and the Night King, I'm thinking they can't exist without each other, one dies they both die, etc

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm
I'm getting some duality vibes from Bran and the Night King, I'm thinking they can't exist without each other, one dies they both die, etc
That, or it's Potter/Voldemort - one has to kill the other. Agree that it's something along those lines.

No way Bran gets a happy ending.