Social Justice Warriors Thread

nmoore63

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Daralon tries to walk that fine line between insightful and retarded.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Well, to each his own man. Anti-natalism is the only Utopian project I subscribe to. You shouldn't be so rude. Many folks around the world would see your Catholic beliefs as retarded. I don't. You probably feel that they make the world a better place, even if the church has done some bad things. I feel the same about my beliefs.I'll bet you have passed judgment on single mothers who had kids they couldn't support and needed govt money to raise. What chance do the kids have? My point is lets take that idea to its logical conclusion.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:39 pm

If a single person in human history goes to hell, and you believe hell is eternal then their suffering outweighs the suffering of every human being in history starting from cain and abel until the present and including everything in between. If you cannot be 100% sure that your offspring goes to heaven (and you cannot) then doesn't it make sense to be on the safe side and not create an outlet for infinite suffering?

Here is another question nmoore:

A lot of Catholic priests declare celibacy. Are they retarded? Maybe from a triage standpoint, it makes more sense to help the living and attempt to save their souls then to keep bringing impoverished ignorant multitudes into the world that will not be able to reached and saved from eternal damnation. Reproduction creates a spiritual Malthusian dilemna as well. You can be a good Christian, and not have kids. In fact, I'd argue that you'd be the most noble one by doing so.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm

This isn't some angsty teenage r/iamverysmart shit either. The Iliad and the Oddyssey, Buddhism, and Daosim, as well as some traditions in the Middle East have very strong antinatalist themes. Many of this shit pre-dates Christianity. Seneca said that while life has beautiful moments, if it was offered as a gift he wouldn't take it. So while part of your programmed culture wants you to be fruitful and multiply, another equally important part has considered the downsides which are infinite.

We can bitch till we are blue in the face and piss purple about shit happening culturally and via govt and we won't change shit. Hell, Martin, a highly successful Type A personality millionaire who has multiple fucking STEM and medicine degrees tried running for office and the machine fucked him over. He has exponentially more pull than I do, and he couldn't put a stop to this hellish forgone conclusion. I have less influence than any of you on here. I don't have any power, and even if I did, I couldn't even heal a small part of our sick world. And it is sick by default regardless of any act of will. But what I can do is not invite any more people to the party. I wish my ancestors shared my beliefs.
Shikata ga nai

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:26 pm

I didn't say you were retard, just that its a fine line you walk.

I always offer you the respect of an honest response.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks that find my beliefs retarded. So it goes.
As to the kids thing, I find the idea that to not exist as superior to be silly.

To be can be evil therefor not to be is better. Nah, a person who has never played football is not better than the worst player. To not play the game isn't the winning move.

To be clear, I don't have an issue with someone choosing not to have kids. Do what you want.

The fact that I think my sons are likely to die fighting robots in The Last War before The Abolition of Man does not make me want to not have sons.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm
This isn't some angsty teenage r/iamverysmart shit either. The Iliad and the Oddyssey, Buddhism, and Daosim, as well as some traditions in the Middle East have very strong antinatalist themes. Many of this shit pre-dates Christianity. Seneca said that while life has beautiful moments, if it was offered as a gift he wouldn't take it. So while part of your programmed culture wants you to be fruitful and multiply, another equally important part has considered the downsides which are infinite.

We can bitch till we are blue in the face and piss purple about shit happening culturally and via govt and we won't change shit. Hell, Martin, a highly successful Type A personality millionaire who has multiple fucking STEM and medicine degrees tried running for office and the machine fucked him over. He has exponentially more pull than I do, and he couldn't put a stop to this hellish forgone conclusion. I have less influence than any of you on here. I don't have any power, and even if I did, I couldn't even heal a small part of our sick world. And it is sick by default regardless of any act of will. But what I can do is not invite any more people to the party. I wish my ancestors shared my beliefs.
Early Christians as well.

But nah, the answer to the Fermi Paradox is we self destruct 100% of the time. So it goes.
Onward Christian Soldier.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 pm

People without kids and people with kids inhabit parallel, but separate dimensions of reality.
But . . . people with kids know what it's like to live without them.

One side of this equation clearly has double the experience of the other.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:05 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 pm
People without kids and people with kids inhabit parallel, but separate dimensions of reality.

/shrug
Don't have any experience with children beyond my own personal memories. Just personal observations. I was raised Christian and to fear hell. I have no idea if it exists, but I'm scared enough of it to avoid suicide, while simultaneously being uncertain about who goes to heaven. I also have depression running in my family down to me. Maybe I am projecting, and maybe the world isn't so bad but I can honestly not say that I'd want a child to replicate my genetic path even if there is no afterlife. I thought the point of kids was for them to exceed you and have a better life than you do. For instance, my parents were both very kind wholesome people and they only spawned one successful child out of 2. So if their parenting rate is a 50% success, what are my odds lol.

This is only taking into account me, not the entire outside world which also plays an enormous part. Not a worthwhile bet from where I'm sitting.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:08 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:05 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 pm

/shrug
Don't have any experience with children beyond my own personal memories. Just personal observations. I was raised Christian and to fear hell. I have no idea if it exists, but I'm scared enough of it to avoid suicide, while simultaneously being uncertain about who goes to heaven. I also have depression running in my family down to me. Maybe I am projecting, and maybe the world isn't so bad but I can honestly not say that I'd want a child to replicate my genetic path even if there is no afterlife. I thought the point of kids was for them to exceed you and have a better life than you do. For instance, my parents were both very kind wholesome people and they only spawned one successful child out of 2. So if their parenting rate is a 50% success, what are my odds lol.
This society is designed to break up families and create atomization and derascinization.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Agreed, and if you opt out, you forgo it further in the future. Why would you want your children to be around to witness the death of civilization?
Shikata ga nai