Re: Shark Tank

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:34 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:29 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:26 pm
StCapps wrote:
Well you did it, so at least one person can do it.
Exactly ONE person.
Someone else might do it someday, especially if you ever got famous. But you might have added another sweet credential to your resume before they do, and preemptively one up them.
There's no way. People who have never gotten even one of these licenses have no idea how difficult they are to get, and the PE is deal-breaker; that bitch is so far removed from anything else that I just can't see how anyone else could pull it off.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:34 pm
StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

Exactly ONE person.
Someone else might do it someday, especially if you ever got famous. But you might have added another sweet credential to your resume before they do, and preemptively one up them.
There's no way. People who have never gotten even one of these licenses have no idea how difficult they are to get, and the PE is deal-breaker; that bitch is so far removed from anything else that I just can't see how anyone else could pull it off.
What the next big credential you're working on? Aside from politician? Pad that lead Hash, pad that lead.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:38 pm

Fame

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:38 pm
Fame
Lying would be required, unless you are preaching a super popular truth. Shouldn't tell the truth if an embellishment or an outright lie would be more helpful to upping your name recognition.

Gotta tell people what they want to hear, and show them what they want to see, whether or not it's the truth, or you're playing with one hand tied behind your back when it comes to achieving fame. Being moral to a fault will hold you back in this quest.

This is especially true in politics, but it goes for fame as well.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:59 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:34 pm
StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

Exactly ONE person.
Most people don't see an upside, they'd take their degree or 4 and make a living (or not, like my sister with a DVM & a physiology PhD). But you made it past that hump to "fuck you" money youngish and could do whatever you wanted, which included going to Club Med School in the Caribbean after your kids were out of the house (remember when Doonesbury's Uncle Duke ran one of those?). I'm not knocking it, most rich dudes play golf and bang models, you did other stuff that made you happy. Kudos, too few even of rich people are happy. But it was an unusual choice, not an impossible achievement. As was also getting a CPA. BTW what's the PE, to me that's Professional Engineer, but you didn't list that earlier or on your Linkedin.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:56 pm

Professional Engineer, and now NCEES, which is a national PE.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:00 pm

R U people under the impression that you get a license along with a degree? There are LOTS of people with degrees, especially JDs, that could never pass the license requirements.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Is there anybody else who wants to dismiss my accomplishments, or is it just people who have none?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:43 am

I don't dismiss your accomplishments.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:49 am

I think your accomplishments are well regarded, but not envied.
Hence the lack of fame.
What you've done is difficult, but not something others aspire to.
Which is why NFL QB's are famous (because many people dream of taking their athleticism to that level), and highly-degreed/licensed people are not.

You have to kill it on shit people care about. No one knows the name of the best triathlete in the world at this moment - but I guarantee the stuff they do is really hard.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"